a new arbiter?

This may sound stupid but what if the covenant remnant came up with a new type of arbiter armor? Maybe it wouldn’t be like Thels old armor but maybe a hybrid of it and the way the elites look in halo 4. Or maybe it is based on forerunner tech.

I think it would make the story line pretty cool I guess. What do you think?

That doesn’t make any sense.

The Arbiter:

> The title of Arbiter was the highest possible honor bestowed upon a Covenant Sangheili by the Hierarchs during a time of great need. It is the greatest religious rank of the Sangheili, although the Councilor is considered to have superior political and military status. The Arbiter acts as a sort of field marshal, going on missions for the Prophets and during incidents such as the Taming of the Hunters, the Grunt Rebellion, the Human-Covenant war, and most recently, the threat of the Heretics.
>
> The Arbiter is sent on the most perilous and daunting missions in desperate times of when he is needed which are often tantamount to suicide. In fact on those missions, the Arbiter is expected to die and be revered thereafter as another great martyr of the Covenant on their path to the Great Journey.

This is the definition of the Arbiter. Based one what you said there are a few problems:

• Who would appoint a new Arbiter, the covenant are split off into multiple different factions.
  • If a new Arbiter was appointed, would only one faction refer to them as the Arbiter?
  • The Arbiter was appointed by the Prophets who are all dead.

I don’t see how this could fit into the current storyline at all let alone make it cool. There needs to be a reason for all this to happen. I’m not sure if this is canonically accurate but I believe Thel is still an Arbiter no? (Anyone who knows the cannon better than I please correct me if I am wrong.) I am pretty sure there is only a new Arbiter after the previous one gets killed or dies.

The Covenant remnant has no need for an Arbiter.

They already got a matriarch figure who united them all… The Didact’s Hand… Supreme Commander Jul 'Mdama.

And anyway the Arbiter Thel 'Vadam should not be duplicated… make new awesome ranks.

But having said that… what about the Assassination of the Arbiter… the Assassin undertakes his role… role of succession by strength. My guess it could be Avu Med 'Telcam… or better yet Dural 'Mdama… who would finally take revenge for his mother and unite the Sangheili people once Thel dies?