A more modular Spartan Suit

In Halo Infinite’s trailers, we’ve noticed very interesting features such as the grapple hook, and the equipment making a return.
But what about the spartan armor? The grapple hook seems to be some form of spartan ability. Forgive me if I’m not very knowledgeable about what’s been already revealed, but could this mean that armor abilities could be making their return? Or is the grapple hook part of an upgrade for the suit?

In terms of being modular, we could potentially see upgrades for shields, hud customization, bandoliers to hold extra ammo or grenades, a reverse engineered elite dagger that increases melee damage, etc…

I could think of all sorts of cool upgrades for the spartan armor in the campaign, meaning more replayability!

What do you think? Have a cool idea for an upgrade or armor ability?

> 2533274890809655;1:
> In Halo Infinite’s trailers, we’ve noticed very interesting features such as the grapple hook, and the equipment making a return.
> But what about the spartan armor? The grapple hook seems to be some form of spartan ability. Forgive me if I’m not very knowledgeable about what’s been already revealed, but could this mean that armor abilities could be making their return? Or is the grapple hook part of an upgrade for the suit?
>
> In terms of being modular, we could potentially see upgrades for shields, hud customization, bandoliers to hold extra ammo or grenades, a reverse engineered elite dagger that increases melee damage, etc…
>
> I could think of all sorts of cool upgrades for the spartan armor in the campaign, meaning more replayability!
>
> What do you think? Have a cool idea for an upgrade or armor ability?

It was already said that for Campaign, the upgrades were only for equipment but for Multiplayer there won’t be upgraded equipment and the grapplin hook will be a equipment and not a spartan ability. (Look Inside Infinite of December, one of the multiplayer map screenshot show a pick up grappling hook in the back)

The grappling hook in campaign is functionally already like an Armor Ability from what we know: the uses apparently are infinite and it has a cooldown. In mp the function will be different. You don’t spawn with it, you have to fight for in on the map. It’s easy to assume than, that the uses o the hook will be limited and be functional more similar to a normal equipment from H3.

It’s just an assumption though! There is no official info about how the hook works in MP, nor if the uses in SP are de facto unlimited. There are however no number-counters on the hud for the hook nor does the icon disappear after the player used it. So yeah, it’s almost certainly an Armor Ability in campaign! Carriage limitations are most probably different as well between arena and campaign, meaning you probably can carry more equipment in SP overall.

Another new factor for equipment - and this is again exclusive to the campaign - are upgrades! We don’t know yet what they are exactly, but of you have seen screenshots from the pause menu and you saw the upgrade tab, than now you know what it’s for!^^

As for Spartan abilities, or rather, additional base movement mechanics there are sadly a few (sadly for me that is, because I personally hate most of those, but I digress):

• Sprint (toned down) - Climb - SlideGone are the following Spartan Abilities:

• Stabilizer/Hover - ADS Smart Scope - Ground Pound - Spartan Charge (thank goth!)…and thruster seemingly was replaced by a weird side step move.
    It probably is functionally identical to H5 on the ground, just less flashy and with reduced distances, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t work in mid air.

That’s all I can think of right off the top of my head! :slight_smile:

> 2533274795098161;3:
> …and thruster seemingly was replaced by a weird side step move.
> It probably is functionally identical to H5 on the ground, just less flashy and with reduced distances, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t work in mid air.

Was it in the demo or the campaign trailer? Because I can’t remember seeing it, which wouldn’t be suprising cause I have bad memory and it was almost a year ago.

> 2533274958836218;4:
> > 2533274795098161;3:
> > …and thruster seemingly was replaced by a weird side step move.
> > It probably is functionally identical to H5 on the ground, just less flashy and with reduced distances, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t work in mid air.
>
> Was it in the demo or the campaign trailer? Because I can’t remember seeing it, which wouldn’t be suprising cause I have bad memory and it was almost a year ago.

It’s in the campaign reveal at 4:16! :slightly_smiling_face:

YouTube Video 4:15 time-stampI

t’s hard to catch if you don’t look closely, especially because the side-step animation starts right after a reload animation and gets interrupted when the player starts shooting again at 4:17, but it’s there! He moves sideways, lowers the the gun for a split-second and the camera moves down and realign itself when he starts shooting once more. It’s Hi version of evade/thruster imho!

> 2533274795098161;5:
> > 2533274958836218;4:
> > > 2533274795098161;3:
> > > …and thruster seemingly was replaced by a weird side step move.
> > > It probably is functionally identical to H5 on the ground, just less flashy and with reduced distances, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t work in mid air.
> >
> > Was it in the demo or the campaign trailer? Because I can’t remember seeing it, which wouldn’t be suprising cause I have bad memory and it was almost a year ago.
>
> It’s in the campaign reveal at 4:16! :slightly_smiling_face:
>
> YouTube Video 4:15 time-stampI
>
> t’s hard to catch if you don’t look closely, especially because the side-step animation starts right after a reload animation and gets interrupted when the player starts shooting again at 4:17, but it’s there! He moves sideways, lowers the the gun for a split-second and the camera moves down and realign itself when he starts shooting once more. It’s Hi version of evade/thruster imho!

Small correction, Chief was in the middle of sprinting and he then went into a slide for a second there. There was no dodge mechanic or side step mechanic.