A month after release....

and the threads about Halo 6 are popping up

i mean seriously this is either

1. a clue that Halo 5 didnt come with enough content at launch

2. people think 343 will put out a Halo game every year like Activision does with CoD

I hate to be that guy but

i miss the old days…

there is a huge gap in Bungie Halo versus 343i Halo

if people will learn to separate the 2 franchises (yes they are separate) you might be able to enjoy the game better

i love Bungie Halo and 343i Halo is something i am getting used to

> people think 343 will put out a Halo game every year like Activision does with CoD

343 just sitting there awkwardly thinking “well that was the idea…”

> 2533274874554525;2:
> > people think 343 will put out a Halo game every year like Activision does with CoD
>
>
> 343 just sitting there awkwardly thinking “well that was the idea…”

i think that will ultimately ruin the franchise

the longevity 2 3 and Reach had was from the care and support bungie gave its fans

they didnt rush the games, they kept it fresh with game modes and forge and held on to their fanbase through word of mouth and the “social shooter”

not to mention the EPIC story and campaign. multiplayer was a place for “oh hey i am a super soldier with sweet weapons lets fight each other now!”

it was the icing on the story cake.

if you water down the market with sequels it will fall into the “oh another halo game” category like CoD

I remember when Halo 4 came out, people were talking about Halo 5 a month later too, look how that turned out

Halo 5 is a great addition to the series, in fact, in my opinion i’ve enjoyed it more than all the others since Halo 2…gets really old reading post after post where people continue to complain…its not Halo 2…there will never be another Halo 2…its 2015 guys…the game mechanics and graphics of those games would not be near as fun now as they were when the original was out…

> 2533274871929668;4:
> I remember when Halo 4 came out, people were talking about Halo 5 a month later too, look how that turned out

i think that has to do with the community expecting the next game and believing it to be better

i dont think they appreciate the game as much as us “vets”

i can guess that 30% of the players were born when halo CE dropped and 40% are halo 2/3 era while the remaining 30% are those of us old enough to remember Marathon

guess which one is the entitled vocal minority? Kappa

I approve this post.

> 2535446541097834;5:
> Halo 5 is a great addition to the series, in fact, in my opinion i’ve enjoyed it more than all the others since Halo 2…gets really old reading post after post where people continue to complain…its not Halo 2…there will never be another Halo 2…its 2015 guys…the game mechanics and graphics of those games would not be near as fun now as they were when the original was out…

i agree. i wasnt thrilled with the campaign in H5 but hey Reach kinda set the bar epically high with how poetic its story developed

now H5 multiplayer is just as fun if not more so than H2/3

as an older player it pains me to see people clinging to the past. i am very nostalgic but the game cant stay the same forever

> 2533275010968401;6:
> > 2533274871929668;4:
> > I remember when Halo 4 came out, people were talking about Halo 5 a month later too, look how that turned out
>
>
> i think that has to do with the community expecting the next game and believing it to be better
>
> i dont think they appreciate the game as much as us “vets”
>
> i can guess that 30% of the players were born when halo CE dropped and 40% are halo 2/3 era while the remaining 30% are those of us old enough to remember Marathon
>
> guess which one is the entitled vocal minority? Kappa

I grew up playing games that looked like this. So all y’all sound like that. lol.

Halo 5 is just fine. Reach’s campaign lacked character development, but was at least a full narrative. Halo 5 has less content, but Reach had armor lock. Halo 2 & 3 had longevity, but Halo and Xbox were both insanely popular at the time. They’re not anymore. What’s the last big FPS to have a massive population for YEARS? On console? There are so many now, people pick up the newest, play for a few months, chuck it aside, and pick up the next. I just don’t think it works like it did a decade ago anymore.

I mean, I don’t know, that’s my guess. After seeing Halo go casual and go back to competitive, and neither working, I have to chalk it up to the franchise just not being popular anymore. I think people are just bored with Halo or figure if they didn’t get on board back then, they’re not about to now. Maybe once the tournaments for Halo 5 start, and the MLG scene kicks off, it’ll pick up steam. But again, I don’t know.

> 2533274871929668;4:
> I remember when Halo 4 came out, people were talking about Halo 5 a month later too, look how that turned out

And I keep being told to be patient. I think I just realized that I hate Halo 5. The combination of motion tracker, player mobility, and spawning make for an experience that feels too much like a mosh pit. Map control? LOL!!! GONE! I think 343i has been given more than enough time. Strike 3!

> 2533275010968401;8:
> > 2535446541097834;5:
> > Halo 5 is a great addition to the series, in fact, in my opinion i’ve enjoyed it more than all the others since Halo 2…gets really old reading post after post where people continue to complain…its not Halo 2…there will never be another Halo 2…its 2015 guys…the game mechanics and graphics of those games would not be near as fun now as they were when the original was out…
>
>
>
>
> as an older player it pains me to see people clinging to the past. i am very nostalgic but the game cant stay the same forever

I agree. I just wish more classic Halo strategy would have remained intact. Spawning is tricky with everyone flying all over the map and the motion tracker keeps you from ever setting your feet. It’s just and endless circle of people flying around gunning each other down. It doesn’t feel sophisticated in any way.

> 2661949065465166;11:
> > 2533275010968401;8:
> > > 2535446541097834;5:
> > > Halo 5 is a great addition to the series, in fact, in my opinion i’ve enjoyed it more than all the others since Halo 2…gets really old reading post after post where people continue to complain…its not Halo 2…there will never be another Halo 2…its 2015 guys…the game mechanics and graphics of those games would not be near as fun now as they were when the original was out…
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > as an older player it pains me to see people clinging to the past. i am very nostalgic but the game cant stay the same forever
>
>
> I agree. I just wish more classic Halo strategy would have remained intact. Spawning is tricky with everyone flying all over the map and the motion tracker keeps you from ever setting your feet. It’s just and endless circle of people flying around gunning each other down. It doesn’t feel sophisticated in any way.

this i can agree with

i had a hard time adapting to halo 5’s pace when i jumped in

i tried to play conservatively and watch spawns and map flow

the new movement and dynamic spawning completely screw up the veteran players that are used to that flow