A Monitor in Halo 4?

I was watching the Return of the Forerunners ViDoc and noticed at about 7:15 that on the TV in the background, I can see something that looks like an orange monitor (Cannot remember which colours represent which monitor, I only know that blue is Guilty Spark.) If anyone sees it as something else, please correct me.

Looks like a Watcher to me.

There is no Monitor where you say there is. Thus far, there is no Monitor in Halo 4. Shield Worlds never really had them.

I wonder if Guilty Spark will pop up in some form because…

> There is no Monitor where you say there is. Thus far, there is no Monitor in Halo 4. Shield Worlds never really had them.

well as you say there is not a monitor. but in glasslands seems to state otherwise but Im thinking an AI

> I wonder if Guilty Spark will pop up in some form because…

Probably not because he’s dead.

> > I wonder if Guilty Spark will pop up in some form because…
>
> Probably not because he’s dead.

not exactly You do know that ONI has chakas who is also 343 guilty spark

> > > I wonder if Guilty Spark will pop up in some form because…
> >
> > Probably not because he’s dead.
>
> not exactly You do know that ONI has chakas who is also 343 guilty spark

Bingo, Now Its off to to find ahem

> > > I wonder if Guilty Spark will pop up in some form because…
> >
> > Probably not because he’s dead.
>
> not exactly You do know that ONI has chakas who is also 343 guilty spark

And you realize Spark was actually one of several fragments of Chakas right? Or must I get Greg Bear’s quote to support that?

> > > > I wonder if Guilty Spark will pop up in some form because…
> > >
> > > Probably not because he’s dead.
> >
> > not exactly You do know that ONI has chakas who is also 343 guilty spark
>
> And you realize Spark was actually one of several fragments of Chakas right? Or must I get Greg Bear’s quote to support that?

yes but ONI did find another monitor and named it spark for the time.

> > > I wonder if Guilty Spark will pop up in some form because…
> >
> > Probably not because he’s dead.
>
> not exactly You do know that ONI has chakas who is also 343 guilty spark

4 the 500th time Chakas is not guilty spark

> > > > > I wonder if Guilty Spark will pop up in some form because…
> > > >
> > > > Probably not because he’s dead.
> > >
> > > not exactly You do know that ONI has chakas who is also 343 guilty spark
> >
> > And you realize Spark was actually one of several fragments of Chakas right? Or must I get Greg Bear’s quote to support that?
>
> yes but ONI did find another monitor and named it spark for the time.

That Monitor they found was Chakas, they did give him the temporary name of Guilty Spark, but that doesn’t make him Guilty Spark.

Guilty Spark is dead.

> > > > I wonder if Guilty Spark will pop up in some form because…
> > >
> > > Probably not because he’s dead.
> >
> > not exactly You do know that ONI has chakas who is also 343 guilty spark
>
> And you realize Spark was actually one of several fragments of Chakas right? Or must I get Greg Bear’s quote to support that?

get it Cobra :slight_smile:

Me: The relationship between Chakas and Guilty Spark has caused a bit of trouble in the Halo community. Some contend that Chakas is 343 Guilty Spark, others believe that Spark is a fragment of Chakas. Can you reveal which of the two, or any other possibility, is correct?

Thank you.

Greg Bear: Logically, if Chakas is Guilty Spark in the first instance, then a duplicate or fragment would also be Chakas… but that philosophical argument is pretty dense! More to come in Vol 3, which I’m now revising.

> Me: The relationship between Chakas and Guilty Spark has caused a bit of trouble in the Halo community. Some contend that Chakas is 343 Guilty Spark, others believe that Spark is a fragment of Chakas. Can you reveal which of the two, or any other possibility, is correct?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Greg Bear: Logically, if Chakas is Guilty Spark in the first instance, then a duplicate or fragment would also be Chakas… but that philosophical argument is pretty dense! More to come in Vol 3, which I’m now revising.

Im lost now,You guys arent actually fighting over something like this are you.Whats your take on this community split?