A Mic-only playlist

343, here’s an idea. How about a MIC required playlist of semi-large teams and objective gametypes only to promote teamwork and for players to meet new players? It would be much more competitive and most competitiev players would choose to play it when alone, it would also be a good place to test out new changes and waypoint forum-goers would probably go there too.

I know that somebody will say “Just have it like a preference, change it so you only match yourself with other players with mics.”

Well, there are cons to that. Remember how in Reach, a lot of players with mics were just squeaky kids or singers? They would simply put their preference on it too, because they want an audience, or people ‘to talk to’. Also, everyone would be spread out to the point that people wouldn’t be able to find other players. 1 Playlist puts them all together.

YES!

I like the idea but it wouldn’t work.

Don’t you play with friends?

Do you actually use the Xbox to meet people?

Just invite your friends to a party, and you’ll never have to worry about lack of teamwork.

I just have it set to mute all by default that or i’ in a party with friends. Easier, The only people I want to talk to are the people whom I invited to the match. I gave up trying to talk tactics to randomers ages ago (No offence) it’s usually pointless. And you avoid ever having to Squeaky kids who think they know everything.

It’d really be cool, doubt they would consider something like that though :c

I like the idea, but…

Can you imagine the trolling potential? They HAVE to have mics. A troll is guaranteed an audience, even better one that wants to talk on the same chat channel they’ll have their fun with.

> I just have it set to mute all by default that or i’ in a party with friends. Easier, The only people I want to talk to are the people whom I invited to the match. I gave up trying to talk tactics to randomers ages ago (No offence) it’s usually pointless. And you avoid ever having to Squeaky kids who think they know everything.

You ever have a squeker who talks -Yoink- to you, thinks he is a pro, and rage quits because he only got one kill in the time he was in the game? Hate those types of people.

It would be very nice to have.

> YES!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

> Don’t you play with friends?
>
> Do you actually use the Xbox to meet people?
>
> Just invite your friends to a party, and you’ll never have to worry about lack of teamwork.

That will apply when all of america and europe plays at 5-8am. Other than that, nope. Can’t find anyone with skill and mics.

I’d like it… but if it takes the regular objective playlists place i’ll be pissed when I can only be in game-chat for objective.

It won’t happen. No game dev is naive enough to create a playlist prevents people from playing (the exception, of course, being for DLC and map packs, but that just creates incentive to buy). There’s no way they’d alienate that many players. I normally play without my mic just because it hurts my ears after awhile. I’d suggest just trying to find more friends who communicate.

While I would appreciate it most of the time, I feel like certain people would ruin it for others. If I get tipsy, I usually start bumping hardstyle music into my Turtle Beaches. Think about that, for a second.

Umm I like to listen and co-operate with friends in a party and not get interupted all the time by someone and besides, all there will be within in these playlists are trash talkers, annoying ten year old squeaky kids and people who breathe to heavily and you can hear it through out the entire game.

> I like the idea, but…
>
> Can you imagine the trolling potential? They HAVE to have mics. A troll is guaranteed an audience, even better one that wants to talk on the same chat channel they’ll have their fun with.

Sadly this.

If you just want communication play with your friends… or meet some new people in one of waypoint’s handy forums.

A mic only playlist would just irrate people like me who don’t care for communicating with randoms.

You have 100 slots on your friend list. I am positive more than 100 Xbox Live users own working headsets.

Requiring mics is not going to help with teamwork in the slightest. What is to stop me from just plugging in a muted mic, and setting it down on my desk? Do you understand how many players don’t know basic callouts or even what “on my X” means? I was in the same boar when I started Halo 3: I had no idea how to utilize teamwork, even though I always had my headset on. It wasn’t until the first round of Maption Sack where I learned what callouts were.

More trouble than it’s worth I am afraid.

Just party up with some friends.

You’ll always have people who sing, play music, talk to someone who isn’t even in the game, insult everyone for no apparent reason etc. It’s a nice idea, but I don’t think it’d work much better than the Reach Psych profile.