A message to 343i and Halo's community

Hello, once more, my fellow gamers. In light of recent events I would like to ask what it will take to satisfy the insatiable thirst of the modern, and quite spoiled gamer.

In 2012 a game called Halo 4 was released, many like myself enjoyed the game, but a majority of the community cried in nostalgic agony “We want Halo 2.5”.
Well here you go community, 343 has delivered the Master Chief Collection, a phenomenal deal filled with the best FPS games (in my opinion) on the market, and what do I see on the forums?

MORE COMPLAINTS: 343 has given people not only what they wanted with Halo 2’s multi-player remastered, but Combat Evolved remastered, and Halo 3 and 4 in 1080p 60fps. I have come to a horrible conclusion about some individuals in the Halo Community and that is simply, they are not Halo fans. They do not care about this franchise, and they are just here to complain and cause negativity.

As for my message to 343i, this is an amazing thing that you are doing, and you are bringing new life to the old Halo franchise. I look forward to Halo 5: Guardians and everything else you decide to do with this Franchise.

I end my post with this, please, for the love of the forerunners, stop the slander and hate towards everything 343 tries to do for you, I know a lot of you do it because “they aren’t Bungie” and you’re right they aren’t, but they ARE what is best to keep this franchise alive Thank you for your time.

ZackS11099

PS: I expect a lot of negativity towards this post that will call me a fanboy, or other negative opinions, but let’s all be mature and respectful shall we?

PPS: An excellent point was made below, I am not bashing constructive criticism, I am talking about people that are complaining with no valid points or just to complain [I myself acknowledge that the Halo games are not perfect, but people go to an extreme to find any little detail to tear it apart.]

I made a thread like this before the release of halo 4…exactly the same thing happens!!!

Many people make me sick claiming to be halo fans, but the first thing they do is complain…I am a real halo fan, so I struggle to find any bad or negative things in any halo game…I only notice the incredible and good things…this is the way of true halo fan…

It seems they think that every Halo game will be 100 percent flawless, and here’s the fact of the matter, none of them are flawless, but they are amazing, that’s why we love them.

> I made a thread like this before the release of halo 4…exactly the same thing happens!!!
>
> Many people make me sick claiming to be halo fans, but the first thing they do is complain…I am a real halo fan, so I struggle to find any bad or negative things in any halo game…I only notice the incredible and good things…this is the way of true halo fan…

I want state that I am a Halo fan and I have been for over seven year. However, I can find “bad” or “negative” things about Halo as nothing is perfect. I came on these forums due to my love of Halo but If I see something that I don’t feel doesn’t work in the franchise, I will voice my opinion in a kind and constructive way. Heres a good example. The Halo 5 beta will release in december. 343i is looking for both positive and negative feedback to help make the game what the fans want. If we can’t kindly inform them on things we feel don’t work, than how else would they know what to work on? See what I’m saying, theres a correct way to say you don’t like something. Not liking an aspect of the game doesn’t mean you aren’t a fan anymore, it just means you really care for the franchise and want each installation of the game to be at its full potential.

Connecting this all back to the MCC… 343i is creating this for a number of reasons, one of the biggest is its what the fans want. They have heard what we liked and didn’t like about Halo over the years and created this. Its important to provide both negative and positive feedback. I know a lot of people were disappointed that Halo CEA didn’t ship with its original multiplayer and voiced how they felt. Now we have a game coming out with all 4 original multiplayers. Thats amazing. 343i took our criticism and used it in a positive way. Mind you, I’m sure they have had plans for this game for some time.

It’s horrible that people talk this way and act this way towards 343. Have made countless posts with the same point. 343 are really trying their best to please the community and I think they have the highest ability to right now. With recent events, it really seems they know what they are doing and will do. I am happy that they have decided to continue making Halo games and keeping the fanchise alive. Others should begin to see this and realize that not everything they want will be put in the game. Games don’t necessarily cater to the individual, they cater to the masses.

Halo: The Master Cheif Collection looks amazing. All these threads that continue to complain and have become very annoying. They are giving the community and all fans of Halo something amazing for just sixty dollars. What more could you ask for.

However, I have seen a lot more positivity as well. A lot more than before. This is great and I see the Halo forums returning to the positve forums that they used to be before the release of Halo: Reach and Halo 4. There is still a lot of unecessary negativity but it is decreasing which is very good.

I agree with you, constructive criticism is a good thing, whining for no particular reason, which many people do on here, is not constructive criticism.

There is a fine line that we are not meeting.

> > I made a thread like this before the release of halo 4…exactly the same thing happens!!!
> >
> > Many people make me sick claiming to be halo fans, but the first thing they do is complain…I am a real halo fan, so I struggle to find any bad or negative things in any halo game…I only notice the incredible and good things…this is the way of true halo fan…
>
> I want state that I am a Halo fan and I have been for over seven year. However, I can find “bad” or “negative” things about Halo as nothing is perfect. I came on these forums due to my love of Halo but If I see something that I don’t feel doesn’t work in the franchise, I will voice my opinion in a kind and constructive way. Heres a good example. The Halo 5 beta will release in december. 343i is looking for both positive and negative feedback to help make the game what the fans want. If we can’t kindly inform them on things we feel don’t work, than how else would they know what to work on? See what I’m saying, theres a correct way to say you don’t like something. Not liking an aspect of the game doesn’t mean you aren’t a fan anymore, it just means you really care for the franchise and want each installation of the game to be at its full potential.
>
> Connecting this all back to the MCC… 343i is creating this for a number of reasons, one of the biggest is its what the fans want. They have heard what we liked and didn’t like about Halo over the years and created this. Its important to provide both negative and positive feedback. I know a lot of people were disappointed that Halo CEA didn’t ship with its original multiplayer and voiced how they felt. Now we have a game coming out with all 4 original multiplayers. Thats amazing. 343i took our criticism and used it in a positive way. Mind you, I’m sure they have had plans for this game for some time.

Of course. It is within our right to open opinion. However that is only if it is constructive. A lot of negative threads these days are very negative. That type of thread is completely unnecessary and disrespectful. You aren’t helping anything by complaining about something and not stating how it can be fixed.

> > I made a thread like this before the release of halo 4…exactly the same thing happens!!!
> >
> > Many people make me sick claiming to be halo fans, but the first thing they do is complain…I am a real halo fan, so I struggle to find any bad or negative things in any halo game…I only notice the incredible and good things…this is the way of true halo fan…
>
> I want state that I am a Halo fan and I have been for over seven year. However, I can find “bad” or “negative” things about Halo as nothing is perfect. I came on these forums due to my love of Halo but If I see something that I don’t feel doesn’t work in the franchise, I will voice my opinion in a kind and constructive way. Heres a good example. The Halo 5 beta will release in december. 343i is looking for both positive and negative feedback to help make the game what the fans want. If we can’t kindly inform them on things we feel don’t work, than how else would they know what to work on? See what I’m saying, theres a correct way to say you don’t like something. Not liking an aspect of the game doesn’t mean you aren’t a fan anymore, it just means you really care for the franchise and want each installation of the game to be at its full potential.
>
> Connecting this all back to the MCC… 343i is creating this for a number of reasons, one of the biggest is its what the fans want. They have heard what we liked and didn’t like about Halo over the years and created this. Its important to provide both negative and positive feedback. I know a lot of people were disappointed that Halo CEA didn’t ship with its original multiplayer and voiced how they felt. Now we have a game coming out with all 4 original multiplayers. Thats amazing. 343i took our criticism and used it in a positive way. Mind you, I’m sure they have had plans for this game for some time.

I can only find negative or bad things in a halo beta, afterall, we need to hunt for bad things so that 343 can make it better…

but there is no such thing as a bad thing in a completed halo game since hlao is the best fps in the entire world haehahehae

We shouldn’t complain about the MCC because it’s what we begged 343i for. Let’s stop the negativity and complaining and save that for Halo 5: Guardians to help form it into the Halo game we want.

And think about it. If you don’t like Halo 5, you still have the MCC to go back to. This collection is going to be amazing.

I will say that I was one of the people that deeply criticized Halo 4 for its multiplayer imbalances and what I saw has a bad story with horrible and quite cheesy character development and dialogue. That being said, I feel that many people left on the forums like Halo 4, contrary to about 6-12 months ago when most hated it.

Also, I am still super excited for MCC. I always go back and play random levels that I loved, and it will be amazing to be able to do that on next-gen with better graphics and all the best maps. Coupled with the news of no armor abilities in H5 and 343 seems like it is finally getting things right

> I will say that I was one of the people that deeply criticized Halo 4 for its multiplayer imbalances and what I saw has a bad story with horrible and quite cheesy character development and dialogue. That being said, I feel that many people left on the forums like Halo 4, contrary to about 6-12 months ago when most hated it.
>
> Also, I am still super excited for MCC. I always go back and play random levels that I loved, and it will be amazing to be able to do that on next-gen with better graphics and all the best maps. Coupled with the news of no armor abilities in H5 and 343 seems like it is finally getting things right

It seems that them “getting things right” means no progression for the Halo franchise, people just want the same thing over and over.

@ZackS1109,

I agree with your statement. I am glad you posted a thank you for 343i. We don’t always remember to do this, because we are too focused on what we’d like them to change or keep for the next iteration.

I appreciate what they are doing by giving us the Master Chief Collection. I think it would be great to have everything upgraded to the latest fidelity, but I do understand that what they are doing in the time frame they have to do it makes it very difficult to give us everything in the highest fidelity. We should be appreciative of what they have accomplished and hope that as they support it post launch that they might be able to add things that they couldn’t do before launch.

Thank you 343i for giving us this collection.

I’m pretty much done when it comes trying to explain to peopel it’s not ‘Halo 3.5’ we wanted or we are somehow ‘blinded by nostalgia’. I still play halo 3 to this day on my 360.

I just did not like Halo 4 or Reach. I am super excited for MCC. This is the first negative thread I’ve seen about it really.

> > I will say that I was one of the people that deeply criticized Halo 4 for its multiplayer imbalances and what I saw has a bad story with horrible and quite cheesy character development and dialogue. That being said, I feel that many people left on the forums like Halo 4, contrary to about 6-12 months ago when most hated it.
> >
> > Also, I am still super excited for MCC. I always go back and play random levels that I loved, and it will be amazing to be able to do that on next-gen with better graphics and all the best maps. Coupled with the news of no armor abilities in H5 and 343 seems like it is finally getting things right
>
> It seems that them “getting things right” means no progression for the Halo franchise, people just want the same thing over and over.

Not at all. “Getting things right” is realizing what the community wants: an even playing field in multiplayer without frustrating and abusive armor abilities, perks, and weapons. Spawning with the tools to easily take down the best vehicles in the game is ridiculous, as well as surviving explosions of a vehicle when one is in it. The equipment in halo 3 was evolution without revolution, since it was finite and not game-breaking. I would applaud any attempt to add in abilities and advantages that are not permanent into Halo 5

Honestly when you see threads that have no valid point or someone just complaining for the sake of complaining, just ignore it. The worst thing you can do is give that thread attention. Just let it sink into the bowels of the forum never to be seen again. It not only gets rid of the thread, but not responding doesn’t fuel the fire. The worst thing is to get 30 people arguing on a thread, because then it never goes away.

These threads will pop up from time to time, it’s inevitable. Like I said just ignore them and let me sink.

P.S. I understand why you made this thread, but it’s best to leave these things alone in the future. Because then you’ll get met with hostility for “Complaining about complainers”.

> Hello, once more, my fellow gamers. In light of recent events <mark>I would like to ask what it will take to satisfy the insatiable thirst of the modern, and quite spoiled gamer.</mark>

Good content.

> In 2012 a game called Halo 4 was released, many like myself enjoyed the game, but a majority of the community cried in nostalgic agony “We want Halo 2.5”.

Actually, no. People didn’t like Halo 4 for a variety of reasons. Some people found the story, with many of its themes and plot points lifted from the expanded universe, to be confusing given that little context is given to the people who did not read the four books that came out before Halo 4. For fans of the Halo lore, that was great, but it had its misshapes that 343 Industries even admitted it had. Some didn’t like the multiplayer, not because it wasn’t Halo 2.5, but because it didn’t feel fun to them. Being able to spawn with a pocket shotgun while having Active Camo? Not fun. Constantly being hit by Plasma Pistol charges while in a vehicles and bombarded by grenades? Not fun. Halo 4’s multiplayer had many issues with its mechanics, so much so that I personally haven’t played it in quite some time. Throw in how Forge’s options weren’t good to start with and Custom Game options are STILL abysmally bad and you have a fuller picture. Oh, and no Theater support for Campaign and Spartan Ops, along with Spartan Ops having some of the dullest gameplay and guilty of constantly recycling environments, were also bad sins.

So no, it wasn’t just because Halo 4 wasn’t Halo 2.5. Then again, do you really care about fairly representing the people you clearly care nothing about, least of all being honest?

> Well here you go community, 343 has delivered the Master Chief Collection, a phenomenal deal filled with the best FPS games (in my opinion) on the market, and what do I see on the forums?
>
> MORE COMPLAINTS: 343 has given people not only what they wanted with Halo 2’s multi-player remastered, but Combat Evolved remastered, and Halo 3 and 4 in 1080p 60fps. I have come to a horrible conclusion about some individuals in the Halo Community and that is simply, they are not Halo fans. They do not care about this franchise, and they are just here to complain and cause negativity.

How nice of you to say you see complaints, but don’t go into any real detail. Now I’ve seen some complaints, but so what? If someone finds fault in something, why shouldn’t they voice their concerns? I know one person was talking about the artstyle. I didn’t agree with his criticisms of Cairo Station being remastered, but I did agree with his take on Forerunner structures. Why should he be condemn for daring to have a different aesthetic preference? I’ve seen people upset that only 6 maps seem to be getting the remastered treatment. Why is that bad to complain about? Ascension looked cool, it sucks that only a few maps get the love and care of being retouched.

> As for my message to 343i, this is an amazing thing that you are doing, and you are bringing new life to the old Halo franchise. I look forward to Halo 5: Guardians and everything else you decide to do with this Franchise.
>
> I end my post with this, please, for the love of the forerunners, stop the slander and hate towards everything 343 tries to do for you, I know a lot of you do it because “they aren’t Bungie” and you’re right they aren’t, but they ARE what is best to keep this franchise alive Thank you for your time.

And here, you seal the deal of my disappointment. You apparently don’t care about looking past your own biases to see what is up with the community. Are some Bungie fanboys/girls? Sure, but not all. Does that somehow make the criticism and negativity displayed towards 343 Industries somehow invalid? No. I gave you more reasons why people didn’t like Halo 4 besides your egregious claim that people didn’t like it because it wasn’t like Halo 2. Of course, attacking an opponent whose behaviors and attitudes and opinions are in your head than something that is actually there. Seems to be a common trope in complaints about complaining threads, they don’t bother to understand WHY things are the way they are.

> ZackS11099
>
> PS: I expect a lot of negativity towards this post that will call me a fanboy, or other negative opinions, but let’s all be mature and respectful shall we?

Maybe don’t slander and misrepresent people you don’t agree with then? That would be the mature thing to do.

> PPS: An excellent point was made below, I am not bashing constructive criticism, I am talking about people that are complaining with no valid points or just to complain [I myself acknowledge that the Halo games are not perfect, but people go to an extreme to find any little detail to tear it apart.]

I certainly hope they tear apart every little detail. Why not? If it roots out a flaw, it roots out a flaw.

> but a majority of the community cried in nostalgic agony “We want Halo 2.5”

Oh lord it is one of you again, is this 2010? Please don’t start in with “adapt” and making CoD comparisons now.

CoD stays the same because it is what the fans want.

Halo didnt stay the same and now look at how the population levels have went down since Halo 3. Halo 4 and the new style of gameplay has failed and this isn’t nostalgia. Get over it.

Now, I am willing to bet that I am not even close to the only one that had given up 100% on Halo. I would also bet that I am not even close to the only one that had no intention of ever owning an XBone until this collection surfaced. If you honestly still believe in your ridiculous, 4 year old, “it’s just nostalgia” argument, then you are just in denial. CE - 3 were 10x anything that Reach and H4 ever were.

Although, I do agree that quite a few of the complaints are unwarranted and just silly half the time. But things like a good ranking system actually matter. If 343i grows a backbone and implements a ranking system that isnt some “feel good, everybody wins” type like Reach and H4, then they will have 100% redeemed themselves.

I bought an Xbone just for this collection. I’m an avid pc gamer too.

Are there any major franchises out there on the internet who aren’t plagued by constant complaints?

I have no idea how any one could complain about the MCC. It’s an amazing package.

The only thing I’m slightly concerned about are the Elite models. I want them to keep them true to the Halo 2 ones. I loved those lights on their arms and legs. Looked so badass