A Menu idea+customisation

What would you think of having cutscenes from your unlocked missions shown behind your menu? For instance, it would start with the opening cutscene repeating if you don’t do campaign, and by the end there are 30+ cutscenes playing in randomness on your menu.

Customisation: Record up to 10 clips in theatre, and then have them play on the menu (without HUD elements, of course).
You can choose either option.

Coloured film: You would be able to choose what film (colour) plays over the scenes/clips (red, blue, green, black, none etc.)

What do you think?

No, it would be annoying to try and focus on menu elements and have constant explosions/movement of recorded footage in the background.

Put short: I want a simple static background loop like Halo 3 had, something that isn’t distracting. Thank you.

I like the idea but doubt it’ll be in any Halo game for a long time. I think 343 should let us choose to use a Reach styled menu and the new one of course.

> No, it would be annoying to try and focus on menu elements and have constant explosions/movement of recorded footage in the background.
>
> Put short: I want a simple static background loop like Halo 3 had, something that isn’t distracting. Thank you.

What?

Ahem. I disagree. I like this idea, but I only want to see little snippets, not a whole cutscene happening. Like in Halo Wars, where you saw little cutscene pieces here and there.

I’d rather the menu was a menu, not a trailer. Something like that would be better suited for pre-start menu or if you leave the start menu idle for too long. If you unlock cutscenes, I’d rather it was just in a cutscene viewer.

> > No, it would be annoying to try and focus on menu elements and have constant explosions/movement of recorded footage in the background.
> >
> > Put short: I want a simple static background loop like Halo 3 had, something that isn’t distracting. Thank you.
>
> What?

I posted an opinion as to why I have a preference to a simple background.

It sounds cool in theory, but in practice it would probably be distracting.

Keep. It. Clean.

> What would you think of having cutscenes from your unlocked missions shown behind your menu? For instance, it would start with the opening cutscene repeating if you don’t do campaign, and by the end there are 30+ cutscenes playing in randomness on your menu.
>
> Customisation: Record up to 10 clips in theatre, and then have them play on the menu (without HUD elements, of course).
> You can choose either option.
>
> Coloured film: You would be able to choose what film (colour) plays over the scenes/clips (red, blue, green, black, none etc.)
>
> What do you think?

Half Life 2 had something like this.

> What would you think of having cutscenes from your unlocked missions shown behind your menu? For instance, it would start with the opening cutscene repeating if you don’t do campaign, and by the end there are 30+ cutscenes playing in randomness on your menu.
>
> Customisation: Record up to 10 clips in theatre, and then have them play on the menu (without HUD elements, of course).
> You can choose either option.
>
> Coloured film: You would be able to choose what film (colour) plays over the scenes/clips (red, blue, green, black, none etc.)
>
> What do you think?

I had a similar thought about this a few days ago, but instead of being your menu, id rather have the menu be the normal static looping thing, and then, after waiting awhile it come up with several random clips of you playing halo, kinda like it did in halo 3, except, all the clips would be of you and your games

Well, that’s not a bad idea at all. How about something like Reach’s background? If you play certain mission, the artwork will show up on the menu. My favorite is menu New Alexandria. My idea is to play the campaign to unlock the artwork to put on the menu manually instead of playing the mission/level to put the artwork on.