A lot of disconnects today

Anyone else getting disconnected every 3 or 4 games today? I don’t even get an error message or anything, I just get booted to the main menu which tells me I’m offline for about 10 seconds.

Most likely the result of some low-lifes having a joke by DDoS-ing on Christmas. Heard a group wanted to repeat what happened to Xbox Live and PSN last year. Seems that Microsoft’s servers have either been upgraded to handle insane traffic, or they aren’t being hit as hard as last year. Either way, expect this to continue for another day or two.

I had been for almost 2 weeks, but with everyone getting an Xbox and Halo 5 for Christmas, I could imagine the servers are dealing with a little extra traffic right now.

I would think with dedicated servers more traffic wouldn’t be a huge issue, unless I’m misunderstanding their meaning. And they should be prepared the Christmas traffic. As far as the “hackers” go, they said they’re not gonna do it this year on Twitter. (A.K.A. They couldn’t)

Not trying to sound like a whiner, but jeezo it’s getting old.

> 2533274822645190;2:
> Most likely the result of some low-lifes having a joke by DDoS-ing on Christmas. Heard a group wanted to repeat what happened to Xbox Live and PSN last year. Seems that Microsoft’s servers have either been upgraded to handle insane traffic, or they aren’t being hit as hard as last year. Either way, expect this to continue for another day or two.

I haven’t been on today but this could be the reason for it. Of course it could be that a bunch of people are downloading their games that they got today.