A long WARTHOG drive: Yes/No

THE MAW in CE, HALO in H3 and COASTAL HIGHWAY in ODST were some of my favourite levels. THE MAW more though, because it had a timer, whereas in H3 if you stayed still too long you fell. I think a HALO style run, with a timer, would be great for HALO 4, but I reckon that it will lose the WARTHOG touch like in REACH (long mongoose drive) and use ghosts or a new vehicle.

So. It’s time to vote. Yes or no for a long vehicle ride at the end of the game?

Forerunner War Sphinx run. Hell yeah.

The setting & action of the run in ODST was awesome. I just hated coming to a stop at each gate. I wish the highway was longer though & that we were able to choose between driving or the gunner seat instead of just having to take the wheel.

But for Halo 4 if there’s gonna be an epic run, I don’t want it to be in the ending of the game this time.

Personally I say NO THANK YOU. I hated the Halo CE one and Halo 3 one. ODST’s was fun. But since we will have all new vehicles to begin with…dont have to worry about a warthog anyway. Personally a Plane escaping level I would like more. For example if it was Reach you would be flying a Falcon while banshees were chasing you and you had you co-op friend in the side seat with a Spartan Laser and such.

O like reach?

I don’t think vehicles will have a big role in campaign.

Have you seen the Bright Red Gas Tanks at the back of the Halo 4 Hog. That thing would blow up in a couple shots.

> Have you seen the Bright Red Gas Tanks at the back of the Halo 4 Hog. That thing would blow up in a couple shots.

Shooting bullets at a tank of gas does not cause it to explode.

I have a feeling Mythbusters is your proof lol? I remember they tested that and it caught fire I believe but didnt explode…

> > Have you seen the Bright Red Gas Tanks at the back of the Halo 4 Hog. That thing would blow up in a couple shots.
>
> Shooting bullets at a tank of gas does not cause it to explode.

The 3 Warthog Run was the best, hands down. I would have liked Reach to have featured one, perhaps driving through a crumbling nighttime city (New Alexandria) while it is being glassed behind and around you? But Reach failed.

Well we better pray that it is in there, because the campaign is playable start to finish. I have my doubts they’ll be redoing any levels this late in development.

I hope so. And yes with a timer! Halo CE run was the only time I approve a timer in a video game. Usually I hate it when it makes you rush in a game and you want to take your time but because the idea is that you have to rush in the first place, timer or not, having a timer adds more suspense. Coastal Highway was sweet, even though it wasn’t a run I loved seeing all the Covenant ships fly low and fast.

Halo 3 run was fun too, despite no timer, much more explosive and pretty. Loved seeing the Ark off in the distance and the Dawn too. I hope every game has a Hog run at the end that keeps upping the last with awesomeness.

I’d like a Frigate Run at the end of Halo 4. Just controlling a UNSC ship and flying bast baddies.

I would love a lone Warthog run, where we go around this massive environment exploring everything.

But no Warthog runs at the ending, it is now too cliche IMO.

New game. The Maw run was the best because it was the first, and from there it has gotten staler and staler.

So we should atleast get a different vehicle. Flying a Pelican perhaps? Or if sprint returns then a on-foot run, or possibly thruster pack space run.

I would like a multi-vehicle, multi-staged gauntlet run to return, but perhaps not as the end of the game as that has already been done a few times.

What I mean by multi-vehicle and multi-stage is that you start of the run, say with a Warthog, and need to get to a certain area within a certain amount of time. You get there, clear out the enemies and shutdown whatever it is you had to get their for. Then you need to muscle your way to the next area so you have something like a Scorpion at your disposal to press your way on. Then at the end of that segment perhaps you need to escape that area fast, say by air, so you have some type of fighter like the Longsword that you actually get to pilot and get away. I’m imagining something like escaping the Deathstar in Return of the Jedi, having to cut through narrow structures to safety. That’s just my idea anyways.

> I’d like a Frigate Run at the end of Halo 4. Just controlling a UNSC ship and flying bast baddies.

I was going to post this. :slight_smile:

I’d like to see a run where you’re in control of a Frigate and you have to get out of the planet within a certain amount of time. Probably because it’s going to blow up or some crazy stuff. Right as you’re nearing the end the very opening the let you into the planet slowly starts to close (Cortana: I don’t think were gonna make it!) and you make it out just in time. And if you don’t beat the timer a little lolz cutscene pops up where you crash and blow up. I don’t know if I’d want it to be frigate view or first person view. First person would probably be preferable.

In my opinion there should be a vehicle run at the end of every halo it is just so classic. In my opinion though the finale should have you using 3 or 4 vehicles with a sprinting section and a final warthog run at the very end.

I didn’t really like the CE run. It felt poorly designed, I spent more time slowly manoeuvring my way round obstacles that racing and half the jumps led straight into a wall, plus the bland grey scenery didn’t help. Halo 3 was much more like it - massive scale, massive pace, the whole atmosphere was far more dramatic. ODST brought it down again, a coastal highway isn’t quite as exciting.

I’m hoping Halo 4’s run manage to blow what Halo 3 offered out the water. So far, that mission ending is my favourite campaign moment of all time, I’ll be seriously impressed if 343 can top it.

Long mongoose run? It was barely a minute! Disgraceful to consider it.

Since Warthog runs or driving missions are a halo tradition then i dont see why not it cant be in halo 4