A long time Halo fan speaks

I’ve been playing Halo since the start, I’ve put thousands and thousands of hours into play, I read the books and I LOVE Halo wars. It has always disappointed me that the Halo games never truly reflected the storyline, and that several parts of the story were left out between the games. It disappoints me that the storyline of what happened after the cheif got stranded in space probably won’t be told either. Especially the story of Kilo-5.

I’m glad to see that 343 is going to bring more story to the game, But concerned about it at the same time. (Spoiler alert), For those of us who have read the books, we know who the enemy will be, It’s very obvious that it’s going to be the forerunners, It can’t be the precursors because they’re -Yoinking!- giants, and they’re long long gone. What has surprised me is that people keep saying “The forerunners are dead, It can’t be them”, Well they’re not dead. There are several ways they could have survived, and there has been several hints throughout the books that they’re still alive. I can’t wait to fight them.

Now, for those who haven’t read the books, The covenant will still undoubtedly be in Halo 4, as well as the flood. The flood is not dead, you did not kill them in Halo 3, The flood, Humans, and the forerunners were created by the precursors. The forerunners rose up and killed the precursors off and tried to do the same with Humans.

The forerunners aren’t evil, They protect life but do everything they must in order to stay in power, so 110,000 years ago when humans were very, very, very powerful (Even more so then the forerunners or precursors)the forerunners waged a massive war against them and won, They biologically modified humans to send them back to their primitive state. Anyhow, enough of story line…

Heres what I want from Halo 4, 5, and 6 gameplay:
MANY MANY maps, You guys over the years have been reducing the amount of maps that come with the game, This has been rather annoying, more annoying is the fact that you’ve forgotten some of the best Halo maps ever made. I want these maps to come with the game:

Turf (From Halo 2)
Battle creek (Halo 1)
Sidewinder (Halo 1)
Rat Race (Halo 1)
Uplift (From Halo 2)-SERIOUSLY- INCLUDE THIS MAP
District (From halo 2)-SERIOUSLY- INCLUDE THIS MAP
Relic (From Halo 2) -SERIOUSLY- INCLUDE THIS MAP
SandBox- NOT SANDTRAP (From Halo 3) -SERIOUSLY- INCLUDE THIS MAP
Forge World (Halo: Reach) -SERIOUSLY- INCLUDE THIS MAP

That’s really all that I can say, but I’m sure there are a few more maps that deserve to be added. There are a lot of Halo maps, The best ones came from Halo 2, Halo 3’s maps were…not very good… Halo reach’s maps were a graphic improvement, but still, very few hit the mark.

Halo fans have been asking for very simple things for a long time, and it’s about time they got it. I’ve always wanted to fly a pelican, never gotten to… It’s been in every halo game but never flyable, If your fans have been asking for over 10 years to simply get to fly this, Why the hell haven’t you allowed them to? Some ask to operate a skarab… I don’t think that’s feasible but it would be fun.

Halo 4’s maps all need to be very good force maps, With Halo reach I was pissed, Forge world was the ONLY map good to force on, every other map sucked for forging NOT because of the map it’self, but because of the tools we had to use on them. There should be a dam long list of forge objects to use, and that list should be usable on EVERY map.

The community should also be able to get more involved in what they can use in Halo, There should be a tool that you can use to create your own forge objects.

I want this from Halo 4:
MUCH improved firefight, with forunners AND the FLOOD, This is something players have been asking for since firefight was first seen, Fighting the flood in Halo 4 firefight would make my day. Firefight needs it’s own ranking system, and as much as I hate to say this, It needs to be like MW3’s survival mode in the sense that you can deploy things on the map to assist you like turrets and mines, and these items should be purchased with game currency you earn with kills, I hate MW3 (and COD in general) but they got their survival mode right. Vehicles and AI allies should also be purchasable.

Halo 4 needs a kick–Yoink- storyline and a kick–Yoink- co-op experience. I think Halo has always done well with this and it needs to stay that way.

Halo 4’s campaign needs to be long, Do you really want people beating your game in a day? really? It should have 14-15 campaign missions, and their should be room to add more in DLC.

INCREASE MULTIPLAYER PLAYER NUMBERS. This is far…far… overdue, You need to increase the numbers from 16 to AT LEAST 24 and even that is falling behind in the current game market, 24 at LEAST.

Deeper storyline, You need to show more UNSC bases, why? Well in the books, a lot of story can be found within the UNSC bases, I think you need to go farther into how the soldiers are feeling after the end of the war, and the new information that’s been revealed to the public about the spartan program and how that effects people’s views on spartans. You need to show cheif mendez and Dr. Halsey, After all, you already set that up in the Halo: Glasslands book.

More tactical team based multiplayer, Your adding perks to multiplayer, I think this is a HUGE HUGE mistake, Your trying to appeal to the COD fan base more and it’s going to backfire with you, your going to lose the fan base you already have. I think a approach more in the lines of Battlefield would be better. Using the pelican on huge maps like forgeworld (or any other that you add) would be a great thing to do.

SPACE COMBAT. SPACE COMBAT. SPACE COMBAT. SPACE COMBAT. SPACE COMBAT. SPACE COMBAT
LIGHT MACHINE GUN.LIGHT MACHINE GUN.LIGHT MACHINE GUN.LIGHT MACHINE GUN.LIGHT MACHINE GUN. PELICAN. PELICAN. PELICAN. PELICAN. PELICAN. PELICAN. PELICAN. PELICAN. PELICAN.

Agreed! The Firefight idea is my favorite part out of this though,I think you should be able to put up destroyable walls anywhere you want. Also, if sandbox returns I might explode from joy.

You are out of your mind, half the stuff you’re asking for isn’t technically feasible, or required.

24 max players? no, BTB barely holds up with 16 much less 24 people lagging all over the place, and that won’t happen especially now since Halo 4 is taking more priority in graphics, can’t and won’t happen on current tech. Even if it could, this is simply not a large scale warfare game.

Sitting around and saying you want a good campaign and awesome multiplayer is redundant, who doesn’t want those things?

Also, half the maps that you listed I enjoyed…in their respective games. But with new design changes comes new maps, you can’t just copy paste old maps into a new game because they don’t fit with the new gameplay mechanics. Look at Reflection in Reach, it’s utterly worsened/destroyed by Sprint and all the other unnecessary BS.

Half the stuff you’re asking for in campaign would not be possible. Where do you think all this is going to fit? I personally don’t see why devs don’t split campaign and MP on 2 disks, but they don’t see to want to. Also, the type of full scale campaign you’re asking for would be a massive undertaking in and of itself, much less making a MP with that. Where in the design is it going to allow for space combat, in depth character development for marines and walking around random UNSC bases for contextual information? You’re trying to mix sandbox gaming, with linear narrative and a lot of other themes, this will just end up feeling tacked on and poorly thought out.

Your enthusiasm is greatly appreciated, and it’s good to see you hoping for a better Halo, but you have to look within the scope of realism, you’re just pandering for a whole lot of stuff that is easy to say, but seldom easily done. It’s like when people say, Geez why can’t Halo just be 1080p and run at 60 frames per second? Because in order to do that many other things you enjoy would likely be sacrificed.

> I’m glad to see that 343 is going to bring more story to the game, But concerned about it at the same time. (Spoiler alert), For those of us who have read the books, we know who the enemy will be, It’s very obvious that it’s going to be the forerunners, <mark>It can’t be the precursors because they’re -Yoinking!- giants, and they’re long long gone.</mark> What has surprised me is that people keep saying “The forerunners are dead, It can’t be them”, Well they’re not dead. There are several ways they could have survived, and there has been several hints throughout the books that they’re still alive. I can’t wait to fight them.

Yeah, you forget the part where the Precursors can create new races and the Flood and could’ve made new enemies for us to fight while they act as the antagonists lurking in the background like the Prophets intially did for most of the Halo lore.

> > I’m glad to see that 343 is going to bring more story to the game, But concerned about it at the same time. (Spoiler alert), For those of us who have read the books, we know who the enemy will be, It’s very obvious that it’s going to be the forerunners, <mark>It can’t be the precursors because they’re -Yoinking!- giants, and they’re long long gone.</mark> What has surprised me is that people keep saying “The forerunners are dead, It can’t be them”, Well they’re not dead. There are several ways they could have survived, and there has been several hints throughout the books that they’re still alive. I can’t wait to fight them.
>
> Yeah, you forget the part where the Precursors can create new races and the Flood and could’ve made new enemies for us to fight while they act as the antagonists lurking in the background like the Prophets intially did for most of the Halo lore.

Somebody needs to go over to NeoGAF and ask Frankie if that magazine’s headline for the enemy being the Forerunners was true.

> > > I’m glad to see that 343 is going to bring more story to the game, But concerned about it at the same time. (Spoiler alert), For those of us who have read the books, we know who the enemy will be, It’s very obvious that it’s going to be the forerunners, <mark>It can’t be the precursors because they’re -Yoinking!- giants, and they’re long long gone.</mark> What has surprised me is that people keep saying “The forerunners are dead, It can’t be them”, Well they’re not dead. There are several ways they could have survived, and there has been several hints throughout the books that they’re still alive. I can’t wait to fight them.
> >
> > Yeah, you forget the part where the Precursors can create new races and the Flood and could’ve made new enemies for us to fight while they act as the antagonists lurking in the background like the Prophets intially did for most of the Halo lore.
>
> Somebody needs to go over to NeoGAF and ask Frankie if that magazine’s headline for the enemy being the Forerunners was true.

I sure hope not because it’s such a stupid idea. I could make a much better enemy than the Forerunners.

> > > > I’m glad to see that 343 is going to bring more story to the game, But concerned about it at the same time. (Spoiler alert), For those of us who have read the books, we know who the enemy will be, It’s very obvious that it’s going to be the forerunners, <mark>It can’t be the precursors because they’re -Yoinking!- giants, and they’re long long gone.</mark> What has surprised me is that people keep saying “The forerunners are dead, It can’t be them”, Well they’re not dead. There are several ways they could have survived, and there has been several hints throughout the books that they’re still alive. I can’t wait to fight them.
> > >
> > > Yeah, you forget the part where the Precursors can create new races and the Flood and could’ve made new enemies for us to fight while they act as the antagonists lurking in the background like the Prophets intially did for most of the Halo lore.
> >
> > Somebody needs to go over to NeoGAF and ask Frankie if that magazine’s headline for the enemy being the Forerunners was true.
>
> I sure hope not because it’s such a stupid idea. I could make a much better enemy than the Forerunners.

I’m pretty sure there can be more than one antagonist, and more than one faction in a species. The (bad) Forerunners would make great secondary enemies, in my opinion. On the other hand, the good Forerunners would make great allies.

“A long time halo player speaks”

As if they ever do anything else.

All of that would be awesome but as said before it may not be possible.
and you can fly a pelican in reach, and a phantom as well. no hacks mods or cheats
there are walk throughs on youtube. It’s in my opinion the best easter egg in halo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30agPMN6nfw

24 PLAYERS!!!