A load of idiots

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other users, both in posts and thread titles.

Well, the original idea behind the time ban came from a Bungie.net forum ninja (ninjas are moderators for Bungies forums).

Yes, it is pathetic. And yes, in other games you dont need a time ban cauz the matchmaking settings have the right setup. Bungie actually blames loyal buyers of the game for their “we dont know how to fix problem XXXXX” situation. And this is a problem since Halo 2.

The time ban should be removed entirely cauz the banhammer is just a “robot” with no brain.
You paid money for that game, so it’s your right to play it online. You should only get banned if you use mods/hacks and other modifications.

The real pathetic thing is the actual theory behind this system. That you have to fear the banhammer even if your own connection is fine. I already encountered a situation like this two times in a row and I stopped playing for that day…And this CANT BE. Just because the game gives the ONLY mexican/japanese guy in room the host.
Most of the time it happens in BTB. “BTB Blackscreen” new gametype ^^

The quit ban needs to stay in place to get people to finish games, otherwise everyone did the least bit bad in the first 30 seconds of the game would quit out, ruining the match for everyone. Not banning people for lagging out would just result in people lagging out on purpose.

All your problems stem from the fact you’re playing an ocean away from most players. There’s only so much lag compensation that works that far away, and you have a smaller pool of good connections to choose from. The first thing I would do is party up with other Europeans so at the very least you pull host more often.

What solves the quit ban? Nothing. You can check my game history on B-net and in all of my BTB games (yes, each game!) we have half of the enemies quiting the game.

The quit ban solved NOTHING. The exact opposite is the case. In Halo 3 you lost XP, what seems more important to people. In Reach you lose nothing.

> You paid money for that game, so it’s your right to play it online.

“You have no rights, play nice.”

> What solves the quit ban? Nothing. You can check my game history on B-net and in all of my BTB games (yes, each game!) we have half of the enemies quiting the game.
>
>
> The quit ban solved NOTHING. The exact opposite is the case. In Halo 3 you lost XP, what seems more important to people. In Reach you lose nothing.

Well duh, if you’re going in with a full party of Reclaimers, you’re going to see people quit. The quit ban is not the most effective solution for sure, but its better than nothing.

Yeah, people are afraid of our ranks, but the problem remains.

Te bans are never harsh enough :confused: I want a 30 minute ban for a single quit! That would be great.

Only had 27 quit games in Halo 3 over 3750 games. Too many people quit and there is no excuse most of the time. Only REAL excuse is if everyone ELSE has already quit. the halo engine seemingly is not smart enough to detect it that precisely and act on it. Meh.

If you “have to do something” then you can afford to not be able to rejoin games. People just make up excuses because they don’t like admitting they quit for two main reasons. Either their parents demand it in some way, or they just don’t like the way the game is going.

Both are totally unacceptable and no punishment is good enough for quitters.