A little survey

Ok, “survey” might be overstating things a bit. But I’m curious about what kind(s) of maps people prefer, and also features on that map.

So, if you’ve got the time, please answer the questions below. It’s 15 questions in total, and they’re all multiple-choice.

1. Do you prefer to play on maps where you can see the sky above you or where you can not see it?

• Sky.
  • No sky.
  • Indifferent.

2. Do you prefer it if parts of Forge World’s basic geometry like the grass/beach or cliffs/rocks are part of the map (e.g. Paradiso, Asylum), or if it isn’t and everything you run around at is made of Forge objects (e.g. The Cage/Uncaged, Affinity)?

• Basic geometry.
  • Forge objects.
  • Indifferent.

3. Do you like maps inside the Coliseum?

• Yes.
  • No.
  • Indifferent.

4. Do you prefer symmetrical (e.g. Asylum) or asymmetrical maps (e.g. Pinnacle) in team games?

• Symmetrical.
  • Asymmetrical.
  • Indifferent.

5. Do you prefer symmetrical (e.g. Asylum) or asymmetrical maps (e.g. Pinnacle) in FFA games?

• Symmetrical.
  • Asymmetrical.
  • Indifferent.

6. As for objective games, do you prefer one-sided gametypes where teams take turns attacking/defending, two-sided where both teams go for the opponent’s objective while defending their own, or neutral gametypes where there’s only one objective both teams fight over?

• One-sided.
  • Two-sided.
  • Neutral.
  • Indifferent.

7. Do you prefer to play on symmetrical or asymmetrical maps in one-sided objective games?

• Symmetrical.
  • Asymmetrical.
  • Indifferent.

8. Do you generally prefer slayer or objective games when playing with a team?

• Slayer.
  • Objective.
  • Indifferent.

8a. If the answer to question 8 was “objective”, do you prefer these games because you can get more kills than in a slayer game or because you actually like going after the objective? And please, be honest - there is no shame in admitting that you don’t care about the objective and just like to kill stuff. =)

• Kills.
  • Objective.

9. Do you generally prefer slayer or objective games when playing FFA games?

• Slayer.
  • Objective.

9a. If the answer to question 9 was “objective”, do you prefer these games because you can get more kills than in a slayer game or because you actually like going after the objective? And please, be honest (again). =)

• Kills.
  • Objective.

10. In BTB, what is your preferred “mode of operation”?

• Use vehicles.
  • Use power weapons.
  • Use neither but rely on DMR/common weapons.

11. In BTB, do you prefer if there are lots of vehicles or just a few of them per team?

• Lots.
  • Few.
  • Indifferent.

12. In BTB, do you like or dislike if there are “neutral” vehicles, i.e. vehicles that spawn at neither red nor blue base but somewhere else on the map where it’s equally easy/hard for both teams to get them?

• Like.
  • Dislike.
  • Indifferent.

13. Do you prefer if a map is or at least looks “natural” by having only comparatively few Forerunner-themed structures/objects like on Hemorrhage and Cliffhanger even if there actually are quite a few objects that just happen to be rocks, or do you prefer the Forerunner look?

• Natural.
  • Forerunner.
  • Indifferent.

14. Do you generally like or dislike maps that use special FX to make them look darker/brighter or more/less colorful, assuming it’s all within reason and it doesn’t become harder to see in general and spot your opponents?

• Like.
  • Dislike.
  • Indifferent.

15. Do you generally prefer maps that have only one or maybe two levels, or do you prefer multi-level maps like Countdown or H3’s Construct?

• One or two levels.
  • Multi-level.
  • Indifferent.

Thank you! =)

1. indifferent
  2. indifferent (i like a mix of both)
  3. indifferent (i like any map as long as its good, i don’t really care where it is)
  4. indifferent (not to sure what you mean here, i like hemmorage if that helps?)
  5. indifferent
  6. all! (its fun to have a change, but if i could pick one it would be two sided, that means the other team cannot camp at there objective)
  7. indifferent (pointless question)
  8. i prefer slayer when working with a team i do not know because nobody communicates, but when with freind’s i play hard core objective, normally BTB AND Invasion.
    8a. depends on how i feel, i like getting kills sometimes, i like playing to win other times.
  9. slayer
  10. i like to use vehicles and power weapons
  11. few
  12. like (makes it more of a challenge to aquire that vehicle
  13. natural
  14. depends so i will go indifferent
  15. indifferent

oh also i don’t like it when power weapons are able to destroy vehicles with ease, ruins the game for me, should be balanced.

oh and i really really want a space forge map, now since i helped u could ya comment on my disscussion, forge 3.o in space! thanks

1. Sky
  2. Basic Geometry
  3. No
  4. Symmetrical
  5. Asymmetrical
  6. Two-Sided
  7. Asymmetrical
  8. Objective
  9. Objective
  10. Use Vehicles
  11. Lots
  12. Like