A little perspective...

I know there is a lot of negativity here but that is common on the internet so I looked for a site that showed ratings from actual users. I would rather have a random sample of 1,000 users for each title but I think this gives us a good general idea. A lot of people here think Halo 4 is the worst Halo ever created but from the data I’m seeing it seems to be holding it’s own.

Halo CE Anniversary (Original wasn’t available)
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo Reach
Halo 4
Halo Wars (Just for kicks & giggles)

Everything changes over time. If the first video game ever created was perfect for everyone then all of us would be playing Pong on an oscilloscope.

1. Those reviews aren’t in chronological order.
  2. There’s only a handful.

From these I gather they only showed some of the highest rated reviews.

Even still, very, very few people are going to take the time to make an account on a single commercial website just to leave a review of a game.

Rigest’s survey is more appropriate.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst191691_Halo-4-suvey--The-months-after.aspx

1. I didn’t say they were in chronological order & I left out ODST.

2. I noted that.

I wanted reviews that weren’t part of Halo forums since even fewer people would make an account here & type a review. Most of the people here are hardcore fans. A lot of them come here to complain. I’m sure the numbers would be extremely different if we compared the negative posts to the positive posts on this site.

I’ve been playing Halo since CE. Until 4 came out the only forum I used for Halo involved modding (CE) on the PC. That doesn’t mean I didn’t have an opinion until 4 came out. It just means I didn’t bother researching 2, 3, Reach, & ODST online.