A little confused on the Storm Rifle.

I’m a little confused on what the Storm Rifle is. Is it the replacement for the Plasma Rifle? Or something completely different. Also has it been shown in any videos?

a combo of the Plasma repeater and the Plasma rifle apparently

He is a user on the waypoint forums, recruit-silver.

I hope that helped.

> a combo of the <mark>Plasma repeater</mark> and the <mark>Plasma rifle</mark> apparently

Isn’t that the same thing?

> > a combo of the <mark>Plasma repeater</mark> and the <mark>Plasma rifle</mark> apparently
>
> Isn’t that the same thing?

no…

> a combo of the Plasma repeater and the Plasma rifle apparently

Wow really? Ok that’s interesting.

> I’m a little confused on what the Storm Rifle is. Is it the replacement for the Plasma Rifle? Or something completely different. Also has it been shown in any videos?

Here. Check out these videos. I can’t remember which one it was, but the guy was using the storm rifle.

There is also this one, where the last clip the guy is using the Storm Rifle to great effect.

Its a replacement as far as I can tell. I thought it was stupid in Reach you had the standard rifle and then the repeater. This weapon looks good though. Its described as the evolution of the plasma rifle here. Just scroll down a bit.

Wait, Storm Rifle?

What’s that!?

> Wait, Storm Rifle?
>
> What’s that!?

XD I see what you did there.

Looks like a more useful covenant equivalent of the assault rifle.

> Wait, Storm Rifle?
>
> What’s that!?

icwutudidthair XD

It’s an upgrade over the standard plasma rifle with a longer barrel and a longer firing period before overheating (supposedly) and will act as the replacement.

Is it the weapon shown here?

> Is it the weapon shown here?

Yes it is. Great find.

I am glad that there is now a decent Covenant AR equivalent but I think its a shame that the PR has now been laid to rest. The Storm Rifle just doesn’t look very good to me, especially when compared to the PR from old games or the other weapons from H4 like the BR or Carbine.

What a shame… the Plasma Rifle has always been my favourite looking weapon from any Halo game because it looks alien, smooth, hefty and unique. The Storm Rifle looks like a Carbine variant which is why so many of us thought it was the Carbine in old shots of H4.

> > Is it the weapon shown here?
>
> Yes it is. Great find.

Ok awesome! And thanks!

looks like an accurate plasma repeater

accurate

plasma

repeater

dear god give me that gun!