A Letter to 343 from a longtime player

I just wanted to get my opinion out there to you guys. I am saying this is my opinion and im just stating how I feel about things with halo 4 and things that I think should be taken out or put in and the good and bad.

I think halo 4 will be a great game. It will be so sick and i know i will like it and will play it for a long time. But im gonna make some suggestions that i think will help the game overall.

I dont like the hologram or jetpack. I think it adds an unneeded aspect to the game thats just kind of annoying. In campaign they could help on different missions but I hope its out of match making.

I dont like sprint either. Im sorry to bring it up because everyone has complained about it, but i feel it needs to be stated that it adds just more unneeded crap to the game. A form of just a regular increased movement that is constantly moving would help all of that without breaking the gameplay.

I hope they bring back a 1-50 ranking system. One like halo 2 that takes a longer time to rank up. Social and ranked playlists that everyone loves, dont leave any out. I hope that they bring back the colors with the ranking it added something so cool looking to just a number. And when you get to 44 and up with some cool symbols. I like all of the commander ranks or whatever those would be cool.

One thing i dont understand is why dual wielding is gonna be taken out? I thought it was fine and not that big of a problem to be taken out of the game.

Things like sprint, hologram, and the jetpack I think personally should be taken out not things like dual wielding. Those 3 things add more unfairness to the game and put it on an unfair playing field. Especially when the games get tight.

But im just saying this again Halo 4 will be a great game either way it just will be so nasty if they take those 3 things out and I think when the game is played it will be greatly appreciated by the halo community. Especially the players since halo CE. Im not saying I dont want change or halo 3.5 I want change but just in the needed areas.

now that i think about i actually dont like any of the armour abilities.

> I just wanted to get my opinion out there to you guys. I am saying this is my opinion and im just stating how I feel about things with halo 4 and things that I think should be taken out or put in and the good and bad.
>
> I think halo 4 will be a great game. It will be so sick and i know i will like it and will play it for a long time. But im gonna make some suggestions that i think will help the game overall…

I stopped reading after that part. Sorry bro, but the game is pretty much finished. They might be tweaking things here and there, but nothing to the scale that a lot of people have hopes for.

For me, like I’ve said in other posts, this whole thing reminds me of Green eggs and Ham. People will act very childish because they are afraid of change, or to try new things. It happens with every Halo title.

Im not afraid of change, im just saying that those changes were unneeded for the game. Who quotes doctor seuss?

Sorry dude, you are too late. The game is in it’s crunch phase, and I definitely don’t expect for there to be any major changes to Halo 4 from now to the release.

Like I had said in my post, you can’t fix what isn’t broken.

And don’t break something to fix it later :stuck_out_tongue:

yah it probably is. But atleast i gave it a try and it sways anybody from 343 to atleast talk about it then i did my job.

The game is being finalized, so there is nothing anybody can do. For the time being, just trust 343. Until we actually see anything, don’t criticize their work. They just can’t cater the game to everybody; it’s just not possilbe.

> yah it probably is. But atleast i gave it a try and it sways anybody from 343 to atleast talk about it then i did my job.

this thread has been posted 1000 times if not more. frankie already said, we made this game the way we wanted to make it.

> Im not afraid of change, im just saying that those changes were unneeded for the game. Who quotes doctor seuss?

“Who quotes Doctor Seuss?”

As a matter of fact, Doctor Seuss books are read to young children, some of those books teach pretty important life lessons.

Green Eggs and Ham: try new things
One fish, two fish, red fish blue fish: you will see new and exciting things in your life.
The Lorax: Be environmentally conscious of what you do, there are consequences for our actions.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas: Be kind to those around you, and never let adversity or jealousy cloud your judgement.
Horton hears a Who: Everyone’s voice counts.

And the list goes on and on. I simply referred to Green eggs and Ham because it seems that a lot of KIDS on this forum have forgotten that lesson, and have developed Narcissistic Personality Disorders.

I will like the game dont get me wrong. I just said the things I didnt like. They were all in reach and i hated them. So the chance of me liking them in halo 4 are slim. It just confused me how people even enjoyed those things.

> > yah it probably is. But atleast i gave it a try and it sways anybody from 343 to atleast talk about it then i did my job.
>
> this thread has been posted 1000 times if not more. frankie already said, we made this game the way we wanted to make it.

Which was a mantra that was no different then the way Bungie did things, and it worked out pretty well in their tenure with the Halo universe (aside the fact that they created it).

Ensemble studio’s did somewhat the same thing with Halo Wars, and Halo Wars is probably a good example of new things working out well. Nobody can argue that the cutscenes in Halo Wars were anything less than amazing.

I view H4 in that light.

EDIT: Oops, re-post.

> I will like the game dont get me wrong. I just said the things I didnt like. They were all in reach and i hated them. So the chance of me liking them in halo 4 are slim. It just confused me how people even enjoyed those things.

Different people like different things.

There is a huge portion of people out there that love the hell out of each armor ability.

I wasn’t too keen on them myself at first, but jetpack really grew on me, and so did sprint and even Armor Lock.

Armor Lock is especially useful against campers.

Jet pack is EXTREMELY effect against people who over use Nades.

Sprint negates opponents who insist on spamming their weapons at you.

Active Camo is effective for confusing people.

The bubble shield…rarely saw use. LMFAO.

Evade is just as effective at avoiding nades, spamming, and works to confusing people.

The DMR is a very effective weapon, but it does require SOME bloom in Reach because of how powerful it can be in the right hands. 100% bloom doesn’t work well, and zero bloom doesn’t either. 50-85% bloom is just right, and 343 knew this going in.

Reach just needed a little tweaking post launch, and Bungie couldn’t be bothered to do so because Halo was no longer their baby. They handed it off to capable hands, trust me.

hahaha bane your a clown i dont give a -Yoink- about dr seuss.

> hahaha bane your a clown i dont give a Yoink! about dr seuss.

ok, well when hordes of people disagree with you on stuff because of your narcissistic ways, don’t be surprised.

Seriously, go get Green eggs and Ham, re-read it. It literally takes five minutes. Then all you have to do is read between the lines and see the lesson that the book is conveying.

You do know that there are a lot of Colleges that have complete courses on Doctor Seuss’s works, right? It’s part of American Literature, just FYI.

:slight_smile:

But those points about AAs do make sense to some people who like them. They never grew on me. Im not the only one who thinks this but theres also a lot of people who like the stuff that reach brought but i was hoping they wouldnt be in the game but we will see when it comes out. Either the game will be good just hoping for great not good.

okay dude i dont really want to talk about dr seuss anymore. I get his lessons but there not supposed to be on the halo 4 forum.

> Im not afraid of change, im just saying that those changes were unneeded for the game. Who quotes doctor seuss?

He isn’t quoting Dr Seuss…

He’s making a point that the Green Eggs and Ham is a similar argument to those people who act childish when afraid of trying new things…

EDIT

Now that I’ve read through your post all I can see is you posting the letter “I” quite a lot. Now with that, I’ve looked at your other posts and you seem incredibly disrespectful to people giving you a simple example. Case in point, Dr Seuss who is renown for his works in collages both in the US and UK. Just sayin’ everything the man wrote meant something in some way or another.

Getting back to the “I’s” sad secret you’re going to learn the hard way is while you can hide behind the cover of opinion all you’re saying is what you don’t like and what you don’t want. Well lemmie break it to you the easy way, it’s not all about what you want. There are plenty of people out there who like the direction Halo 4 is currently going with. I’m personally iffy on it right now but I’m more focused on the story than the multiplayer at this point.

You’ve just come across as extremely arrogant and I’d advise you to fix your “opinion” as well as your incredibly disrespectful posts regarding Dr Seuss…

again

okay dude i dont really want to talk about dr seuss anymore. I get his lessons but there not supposed to be on the halo 4 forum.