A letter from a gamer

I agree with some of what your saying

Halo 2 was basically the only thing to play, and was awesome, CoD 4 was the first BIG CoD, and im not sure if it came out before or after halo 3, but i do know they both came out close to each other, For me Halo 3 dominated, though CoD 4 was not far behind, With W@W coming out a year later, it basically had the same concept of CoD 4, but set in the WW2 era, so still, Halo 3 was still my preferred game, but i did play a lot of zombies, with mw2 coming out a year later, I couldnt help myself, it had so many new things, it just felt awesome earning a high killstreak, and getting multi kills, i basically let halo 3 collect dust, but after about 5 or 6 months of MW2, i grew sick of it, so i went back to my beloved halo 3, and enjoyed it up till the release of Halo reach… What halo reach came out, i didnt feel the same way when playing halo 3, it didnt have that lasting effect of Halo 3, I played reach up till the release of Black Ops, where the same thing happened, i grew sick of it, so instead of going back to Reach, I went back to MW2, because i couldnt enjoy reach like i enjoyed MW2, by this time i was pretty much a Call of Duty fan boy, when MW3 came out, i experienced so much dissapointment, after 4 or 5 months of MW3, i found myself lost, i picked up BF3, but that was not my type game, so i went back to Reach, and had a blast, these days im playing reach, i took my over a year and a half for me to enjoy it, but yes i love reach.

The point im making in this, is that the reason the Halo population is not as great as it once was is because these “one year games” , people look at games as being outdated after a year, this is all thanks to the Call of Duty Franchise.

I believe Halo 4 will be great, and think the population will be as strong as it once was… for a limited time though, Halo will never be the biggest game, because it doesnt release games annually

#rant

Edited by Moderator - Please do not bump/necropost threads.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

bump

Halo games have been released in a non-linear fashion but there tends to be a release almost every year.
2001 Halo: Combat Evolved
2004 Halo 2
2007 Halo 3
2009 ODST
2009 Halo Wars
2010 Halo: Reach
2012 Halo 4
Not to mention the numerous books, graphic novels and anime released on many mediums.
In eleven years, we have played 7 games. That’s a lot of Halo and for some people.

"Speaking about the upcoming Halo 4 and Halo: CE remake, Microsoft Game Studio boss Phil Spencer discussed the huge Xbox franchise and lessons learned from past releases. To Spencer, Microsoft had simply lost the magic inherent with Halo thanks to releases like ODST and Reach.

To Spencer, Halo is all about Master Chief. “What does that mean? Playing Master Chief. We kind of lost our way a little bit, I’ll say. And that’s why I wanted to make sure that at the unveiling of Halo 4, you knew you were playing Master Chief, that John was back. Because Master Chief is the John Wayne character of that universe, and that’s who you want to play,” he said to OXM." an article by Ben Strauss from industrygamers.com