A ill something from other games

I feel that adding certain aspects from other games such as bf and gears and maybe even the horror tone from dead space would make halo 5 great the problem with 4 besides the obvious was not adding a lot of things that felt like it was a halo game it was just exact copies of other games if u add a ill bit of something from each of those other games while maintaining the halo feel I think it could work

I disagree. In my opinion, Halo should go back being original, rather than copying some game-changing mechanics from other games.

> I disagree. In my opinion, Halo should go back being original, rather than copying some game-changing mechanics from other games.

Halo was never “original”. It borrowed and adapted a TON from other franchises. Everything does this.
It won’t hurt to borrow and adapt some ideas from other franchise to breathe fresh life into the game. For example: Larger maps/sections of gameplay focusing on vehicles. Halo has a ton of vehicles that haven’t been used outside of Halo Wars and the expansive fiction. I for one would LOVE to pilot a Covenant Locust. And the Flood would DEFINITELY benefit from borrowing ideas from Dead Space such as atmosphere and suspense.

> > I disagree. In my opinion, Halo should go back being original, rather than copying some game-changing mechanics from other games.
>
> Halo was never “original”. It borrowed and adapted a TON from other franchises. Everything does this.

So, once more these forums and the world has lied to me about Halo being full of original things.

Im not saying you are wrong, but i do have mixed feelings right now about this ‘‘originality’’ thing.

> > > I disagree. In my opinion, Halo should go back being original, rather than copying some game-changing mechanics from other games.
> >
> > Halo was never “original”. It borrowed and adapted a TON from other franchises. Everything does this.
>
> So, once more these forums and the world has lied to me about Halo being full of original things.
>
> Im not saying you are wrong, but i do have mixed feelings right now about this ‘‘originality’’ thing.

Halo: Combat Evolved took a lot from Aliens (the movie).

Everything from the opening scene, to the characters to the dialogue were largely taken from the movie. It was hardly original by any stretch of the imagination.

Now that’s not to say it was a complete ripoff or entirely unoriginal, but it’s not as inventive as people think.

OT: Yeah how about no? Don’t get me wrong, I love battlefield (in fact I’ve been playing the Beta instead of Halo 4 since it released) but I love battlefield for battlefield, and Halo for Halo.

I like the game for separate reasons and the fact that they offer different game styles and settings. It’s the unique differences between them that make them stand out and enjoyable. If I wanted to play a Sci-Fi version of Battlefield, I’ll just wait until the new Star Wars: Battlefront releases in 2015.

I would argue Halo 4 strayed too far from what people had fallen in love with in the first place, and if we keep changing it into something that isn’t Halo, then what are we left with? People fell in love with Halo for what it was, so why change so drastically what it is? Why make it like other series, if we can play those series anyway and enjoy the gameplay they’ve been building on for years?

In the end I’m all for changes, but changing for the sake of change to appeal to a broader audience, and inevitably make a game that doesn’t appeal to many of those who loved it in the first place is the exact opposite of what they should do.

They should find things that feel like Halo, that add on to the game as opposed to drastically changing the formula people fell in love with.

When people say they want original Halo they mean Halo 1-3 style Halo. No one is saying Halo didnt originally borrow from other games.

That being said, they hit gold on their first try. They had a formula that worked and was loved. Every shooter that hit that formula and is still successful is because they kept the same formula with just small tweaks.

Call of Duty, Counter-Strike and Battlefield are good examples of that. Sure some iterations were better than others but for the most part they have seen continued success.

Then you look at franchises like Halo, SOCOM, Gears, Unreal Tournament ect that drastically changed their formula and in turn destroyed their community.

I’m not saying it isn’t possible to completely change a games mechanics and have it be successful but in a time where the community is struggling to stay relevant… why take such a risk when you know there is already a formula that works?

I feel like people took this a lil too far I mean like boss waves in ff like from gears or destructible environments like bf orsuspenseful and horrifying flood kinda like dead space have that horror scary tone that’s alli meant I’m not talking bout overhauling halo completely just these 3 things