A huge problem I've noticed with 'Mdama's Covenant

Ok, so Jul 'Mdama was separated from the rest of the Covenant during the Great Schism, so he never witnessed the betrayal of the Prophets and how the Great Journey was all a lie, so when he returned, he found that everything has changed so he started his own faction and basically adopted the ways of the Covenant, right? If I am correct on this, then shouldn’t his Covenant faction be using Covenant designs, like the ones used during Halo CE-Reach?

Im not saying completely throw out the new Elite armor and covie vehicle designs, because that also wouldn’t make much sense. All the new designs used in Halo 5 really should be used by the Swords of Sangheilios, because they completely threw out all the old Covenant ideals and adopted a new culture, so they can’t really use the classic designs.

What I’m saying is that Jul 'Mdama’s Covenant did not do all that. They adopted the old Covenant ideals and culture if I’m correct, so they should use the classic designs.

I don’t quite follow. I don’t see how them finding out the great journey was a lie would effect weapon or vehicle design.

> 2533274816788253;2:
> I don’t quite follow. I don’t see how them finding out the great journey was a lie would effect weapon or vehicle design.

The Covenant designs were the way they were because they were heavily influenced by the Prophets, so when the Elites learned the truth about the Great Journey and how the Prophets had betrayed them, they threw out everything that the Prophets had done, which includes armor and vehicle design.

No. First of all, the Sangheili he recruited primarily came from the colony of Hesduros, and the armor designs follow their design philosphy. Second, following the Human-Covenant War, especially six years after its end, the equipment used throughout would gradually become more scarce. This would lead to them being replaced with contemporary models, such as the transition from Type-26 Banshees to Type-54s. They adopted their version of the original Covenant’s ideals and culture, yes, but not their equipment due to dwindling supplies and technological advancements.

As for their beliefs… well, they aren’t the same as those of the old Covenant. Their beliefs still center around worship of the Forerunners, but they didn’t believe in the Great Journey.

> 2535440120215345;3:
> > 2533274816788253;2:
> > I don’t quite follow. I don’t see how them finding out the great journey was a lie would effect weapon or vehicle design.
>
> The Covenant designs were the way they were because they were heavily influenced by the Prophets, so when the Elites learned the truth about the Great Journey and how the Prophets had betrayed them, they threw out everything that the Prophets had done, which includes armor and vehicle design.

I don’t know about all that.

> 2535437652903765;4:
> No. First of all, the Sangheili he recruited primarily came from the colony of Hesduros, and the armor designs follow their design philosphy. Second, following the Human-Covenant War, especially six years after its end, the equipment used throughout would gradually become more scarce. This would lead to them being replaced with contemporary models, such as the transition from Type-26 Banshees to Type-54s. They adopted their version of the original Covenant’s ideals and culture, yes, but not their equipment due to dwindling supplies and technological advancements.
>
> As for their beliefs… well, they aren’t the same as those of the old Covenant. Their beliefs still center around worship of the Forerunners, but they didn’t believe in the Great Journey.

Ah ok this makes sense. But then why are the Swords of Sangheilios using the exact same designs?

EDIT: Forgive me if I seem really stupid right now

> 2535440120215345;6:
> > 2535437652903765;4:
> > No. First of all, the Sangheili he recruited primarily came from the colony of Hesduros, and the armor designs follow their design philosphy. Second, following the Human-Covenant War, especially six years after its end, the equipment used throughout would gradually become more scarce. This would lead to them being replaced with contemporary models, such as the transition from Type-26 Banshees to Type-54s. They adopted their version of the original Covenant’s ideals and culture, yes, but not their equipment due to dwindling supplies and technological advancements.
> >
> > As for their beliefs… well, they aren’t the same as those of the old Covenant. Their beliefs still center around worship of the Forerunners, but they didn’t believe in the Great Journey.
>
> Ah ok this makes sense. But then why are the Swords of Sangheilios using the exact same designs?
>
> EDIT: Forgive me if I seem really stupid right now

Probably for the same reasons as Jul’s Covenant. The conflicts of the Blooding Years are running through stocks of Covenant vehicles and weapons, so pre- and post-Covenant stuff is being used by both factions. Plus, they are superior in terms of performance. For example, the new Type-54 Banshee, with its new energy shield.

> 2535440120215345;6:
> > 2535437652903765;4:
> > No. First of all, the Sangheili he recruited primarily came from the colony of Hesduros, and the armor designs follow their design philosphy. Second, following the Human-Covenant War, especially six years after its end, the equipment used throughout would gradually become more scarce. This would lead to them being replaced with contemporary models, such as the transition from Type-26 Banshees to Type-54s. They adopted their version of the original Covenant’s ideals and culture, yes, but not their equipment due to dwindling supplies and technological advancements.
> >
> > As for their beliefs… well, they aren’t the same as those of the old Covenant. Their beliefs still center around worship of the Forerunners, but they didn’t believe in the Great Journey.
>
> Ah ok this makes sense. But then why are the Swords of Sangheilios using the exact same designs?
>
> EDIT: Forgive me if I seem really stupid right now

Sangheili manufacturers are responsible for quite a bit of the equipment used by both sides. The comic Escalation shows different models of vehicles being used however. Just harder to portray in-game due to technical limits.