A huge issue in need of adress

So seeing that there are many people getting copies of Halo 4 early, yes legit, then 343 needs to reset thwir ranks on Nov 6 because it would be the biggest BS ever that not everyone would get to start at the same starting point! Who’s with me?!

Yes, they need to do what Bungie did for Reach. Reset everyone’s ranks when the game comes out at midnight. Everyone should start at the same time.

Seriously after all of us playing Reach for so long do you really care who’s a Inheritor or not at this point?

It’ll be the same with Halo 4 by next January… but whatever, rank police gotta police.

When KOTOR came out they did that as well…its a Thing that ALWAYS happens…343 will be reseting everyone on Nov 6

When KOTOR came out they did that as well…its a Thing that ALWAYS happens…343 will be reseting everyone on Nov 6

They will I’m sure.

Well im glad, because yes I do care and its only fair, it is a status for some

Even so, they’ll still retain all their experience and intimate map knowledge. Besides, the weapons don’t cost a lot to unlock.

[deleted]

> So seeing that there are many people getting copies of Halo 4 early, yes legit, then 343 needs to reset thwir ranks on Nov 6 because it would be the biggest BS ever that not everyone would get to start at the same starting point! Who’s with me?!

Yes, as long as they do not reset the ranks according to American time. I live in Australia, got Halo: Reach at about 3pm on the day it came out, and after a few hours of multiplayer and campaign and leveling up a few times, my rank got reset, including the first weekly challenge of completing 9 mission on heroric. Had about 3/9 done(?).
Bad move by Bungie reseting ranks according to where they live.

I do support the reset of ranks, as long as it gets reset according to appropriate timezones, considering I got Reach the day it came out only to waste a few hours of my time leveling up and getting reset cause America isn’t patient enough.

EDIT: And also, I never get matched up with anyone that is on the other side of the planet, so it is very logical not to reset our ranks half way through the day of the game coming out here in Australia and any other closer countries as well. I don’t want to lose all of my unlocks half way through the day and I’m sure no other person would like to as well considering people like us get the game legit the day it comes out.

> Seriously after all of us playing Reach for so long do you really care who’s a Inheritor or not at this point?

Not what they’re saying, at all. What the issue is - and I agree with having ranks reset, by the way - is that people are legitimately playing Halo 4 right now. Meaning they’re able to rank up. Come November 6th, they would be a higher Spartan Rank than other players, which gives them a slight advantage in terms of weapons unlocked and the road towards Specializations.

The solution in this thread is that come November 6th, all ranks be reset back to SR1.

It wouldn’t mean anything. Chances are you won’t ever meet the people who got a review copy - let alone in the first few weeks.

DewXP should be a bigger problem for you. It effectively makes ranks worthless.

Coming from another forum of a game which is in dire need of lots of changes and where the entire community is working coherently together to argue certain points and create solutions.

Seeing “even ranks at launch” titled as “huge issue” just makes me laugh.

Halo community. You have lots of other “huge issues” in your game that needs discussed and argued over coherently. “lol who cares” and “videogames are for fun” aren’t valid arguments either.

Uhhhhh what? r u from the future?

> Seriously after all of us playing Reach for so long do you really care who’s a Inheritor or not at this point?
>
>
> It’ll be the same with Halo 4 by next January… but whatever, rank police gotta police.

I for one don’t really care but for fair play, the first few days matter for Halo 4. We can’t use AAs until we’re lv. 3, higher rank you are, you unlock better weapons and so on.

It’s been done throughout multiple game releases and I don’t see any reason why it won’t be happening this time. With the game being stolen already, I doubt 343 is considering anything less then that…

I honestly think 343 will Reboot the whole system! So along with resetting stats I believe thats when the True and still unannounced H4 Ranking system and matchmaking playlist will take affect.

Ranks will be reset a day before release day. Even though I don’t see this as a huge issue…Stop being a rank police.

We should reset them on Christmas too… no wait, every time a new player signs on to Halo 4 we should reset the ranks. You know, because it’s not fair that they have to start with nothing when everyone has high SRs.

It’s always something here…

>
>
> It’ll be the same with Halo 4 by next January… but whatever, rank police gotta police.

No I don’t but they didn’t get any benefit from being a high ranked Spartan. With Halo 4 they do. Tactical Packages, Support Upgrades, AAs and all that stuff.