A Halo reboot??

Has 343 admitted that they are not working on Halo 5 and are instead rebooting the series? If so, please point me to it, cuz I must have missed it.

Anyways, all info presented thus far indicates to me that there will not be a Halo 5 on Xbox One. Instead, it looks like they are going to reboot the whole franchise and begin anew with a game titled simply “Halo.”

[/li]- They have never stated they are working on Halo 5 - only that they are working on “the next Halo game.”

• The teaser shown at E3 shows only the title Halo. All other teasers have shown the number as well. (Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4)

• The teaser proclaims “2014 - Your journey BEGINS”

I guess I’m ok with a reboot. I mean, why not? They do it all the time with movies and TV shows, so why not with a game?

What do you think?

We really knows right now, we’re still unsure whether it’s Halo 5 or a sort of spin off bridge game between Halo 4 and Halo 5 with Master Chief. We’ll know what it is in the near future.

They Infested way too much in the story now just to reboot it.

So they are rebooting the Halo series by continuing with Halo 4?

This is halo 5, they just dont wana call it that, like how terminator 4 was called terminator salvation, or how matrix 2 is called matrix reloaded.

They’re not doing a reboot. I have no doubt in my mind that this game is Halo 5.

On twitter, one of the people who works at 343 called it Halo 5. Not only that, but the trailer makes it obvious that the game takes place after the events of Halo 4. It wouldn’t be a re-boot if the story still follows from the point they left off. That’s called a sequel. Therefore this is Halo 5 in nature. Whether they want to call it that or not is up to them, but I’ll always call it Halo 5, even if they give it a different name.

Why would they start a new trilogy just to give up and do a reboot after the first game? Makes no sense.

> We really knows right now, we’re still unsure whether it’s Halo 5 or a sort of spin off bridge game between Halo 4 and Halo 5 with Master Chief. We’ll know what it is in the near future.

a bridge game? Isn’t that what spops is for? To continue the story?

no reboots because the books

> Has 343 admitted that they are not working on Halo 5 and are instead rebooting the series? If so, please point me to it, cuz I must have missed it.
>
> Anyways, all info presented thus far indicates to me that there will not be a Halo 5 on Xbox One. Instead, it looks like they are going to reboot the whole franchise and begin anew with a game titled simply “Halo.”
>
> [/li]- They have never stated they are working on Halo 5 - only that they are working on “the next Halo game.”
>
> - The teaser shown at E3 shows only the title Halo. All other teasers have shown the number as well. (Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4)
>
> - The teaser proclaims “2014 - Your journey BEGINS”
>
> I guess I’m ok with a reboot. I mean, why not? They do it all the time with movies and TV shows, so why not with a game?
>
> What do you think?

Dude… Cortanas chip tells you… :slight_smile:

is it just me who wants some evidence to support the Re boot idea? I highly doubt they will, maybe they are just going to re write the codes and try and get a better gaming interface, and ultimately just fix the things that people didnt like with Halo 4.

This is clearly Halo 5… Why else would Chief be holding Cortana’s AI chip.

I think Chief is on The Ark searching for Mendicant Bias, by the looks of the teaser Chief found him.

The story will probably be about Chief finding away to get Cortana back, either way Cortana will 100& return either good or evil she will be back.

For The Didact… He will probably be back as well… 343 Industries pumped the excitement so much for The Didact just to kill him off in Halo 4, The Didact is coming back and probably really really pissed with Chief… you know grenade to the chest and all. :3