A Halo Reach question

I know, 343 didn’t have a hand in creating Reach but I’m sure they have some sort of insight on what I’m going to ask.

Question: How did Noble 6 survive his impact when he was dropped from the Covenant cruiser in lower orbit?

What we see: Jorge’s grabbing Noble 6 by the collar, walks him to and past the energy shields and let’s go. There’s nothing but a few hundred miles of space between Noble 6 and Reach. On the next stage we see Noble shrugging off what’s assumed is a sore shoulder, and back into action he goes.

Wait, what?

Possible explanations: Jet pack? No. he’s not wearing one when he left and there’s not one on his back when the next mission starts. And he wasn’t picked up by anyone from the UNSC picked him up on his way down either. Armor Lock right before impact? Again, he’s not equipped with it at the beginning of his next mission. Please don’t suggest his armor and shields absorbed his fall either, not when my Spartan can die from a 30-foot fall in any game type.

Normally I’d just ask this at B.Net but no one official ever answers any questions, and the only response from the community are trolls and idiots. I don’t expect to get a solid answer but I just wanted to bring this up since it always bugs me when I play Campaign.

Any thoughts?

> Possible explanations: Jet pack? No. he’s not wearing one when he left and there’s not one on his back when the next mission starts.

Six actually is wearing a jetpack when he gets thrown out by Jorge. You even can see it in the cutscene. Here is a youtube video of that cutscene; as Jorge picks up Six at 0:55, you can actually read “RE-ENTRY UNIT” written on Six’s jetpack.

He is wearing some sort of re-entry pack I think.

EDIT: read the post above mine - it has the answer for you together with video evidence.

his armor locked up the same way chiefs did in the opening cutscene of halo 3

> > Possible explanations: Jet pack? No. he’s not wearing one when he left and there’s not one on his back when the next mission starts.
>
> Six actually is wearing a jetpack when he gets thrown out by Jorge. You even can see it in the cutscene. Here is a youtube video of that cutscene; as Jorge picks up Six at 0:55, you can actually read “RE-ENTRY UNIT” written on Six’s jetpack.

Seriously? I’ve watched that cut scene several times and I’ve never noticed the jet pack before.

I really gotta get my eyes checked. >_<

he had a re-entry pack. Now don’t start asking if jun is the chief.