A Halo Gamer's Request

343, please remake more maps from Halo’s 1 and 2 as DLC for CEA! I mean, you couldn’t put the map on the disk because it’s full, but DLC is installed onto the hard drive, so I don’t think there would be a problem. Maps like Wizard, Derelict, Colossus, Burial Mounds, Waterworks, Backwash, Danger Canyon, Death Island and Rat Trap are great classic maps. I hope you consider it. If it comes down to only 3 maps, here are my favorites:

Death Island
Danger Canyon
Colossus

What do you guys think? List your favorites that you would like as future DLC that aren’t of course included in the CEA disk. Let’s make this popular so 343 sees this and considers the idea.

I’d be really sad if death island and danger canyon didnt make it in. Those are great vehicle maps, and I suspect AA’s like sprint would improve them because my only complaint in the original is that it took forever to cross them on foot.

343 Industries stated that while some maps such as Prisoner, Battle Creek and Damnation are perfect for use in both in Anniversary Reach and Vanilla Reach’s method of sandbox combat, others such as Chiron and Boarding would be imbalanced an unplayable in Vanilla Reach settings ala Jetpack and Active Camo while other ones such as Sidewinder and Chillout have been remade in Halo 3 (Avalanche & Cold Storage) so that makes it redundant for being re-made…

> 343 Industries stated that while some maps such as Prisoner, Battle Creek and Damnation are perfect for use in both in Anniversary Reach and Vanilla Reach’s method of sandbox combat, others such as Chiron and Boarding would be imbalanced an unplayable in Vanilla Reach settings ala Jetpack and Active Camo while other ones such as Sidewinder and Chillout have been remade in Halo 3 (Avalanche & Cold Storage) so that makes it redundant for being re-made…

Yes, but Death Island, Danger Canyon and Colossus were never remade. As well as the others I listed…

i say they should save maps like these for Halo 4, i’d like to see them run on a new engine with better gameplay (not reach’s)

Death Island would be perfect for reach, except that everybody’s going to run for the banshees.

Danger Canyon is a must though. I loved hiding across the bridge with the sniper rifle and the Fuel Rod Cannon.