a halo ce remake is what millions of us vets been...

waiting for. 10 years and it looks like we finally will get. i know me and my friends are very excited even if just a rumor still it makes to much sense!

I don’t get the reason behind people wanting remakes so much. I mean do you want archaic game play?

we dont want a remake all these years we wanted h1 on xbl and hopefully we will finally get it.

> we dont want a remake all these years we wanted h1 on xbl and hopefully we will finally get it.

Halo: Combat Evolved is already available on XBLM. It’s been there a while.

Also, I think your number of millions is slightly off. It’s probably more like thousands. Maybe tens of thousands.

I honestly hope that a CE remake is never made. Except under the condition that after at least 5 years from now a very comprehensive remake-compilation of the Halo Trilogy is made with the gameplay to be changed as though it were a completely new Halo game (though I would support the idea of a “classic mode” for the campaigns).

> > we dont want a remake all these years we wanted h1 on xbl and hopefully we will finally get it.
>
> Halo: Combat Evolved is already available on XBLM. It’s been there a while.
>
> Also, I think your number of millions is slightly off. It’s probably more like thousands. Maybe tens of thousands.

He boviously wants Halo: CE to be playable online. Why would anyone care if it was available for download? Getting the game isnt a problem obviously, but playing it online is. I remember GameSpy arcading it back in day.

Also, I know at least hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people will play Halo: CE online. How could you only say tens of thousands when hundreds of thousands and sometimes millions play Halo games everyday?

> > > we dont want a remake all these years we wanted h1 on xbl and hopefully we will finally get it.
> >
> > Halo: Combat Evolved is already available on XBLM. It’s been there a while.
> >
> > Also, I think your number of millions is slightly off. It’s probably more like thousands. Maybe tens of thousands.
>
> He boviously wants Halo: CE to be playable online. Why would anyone care if it was available for download? Getting the game isnt a problem obviously, but playing it online is. I remember GameSpy arcading it back in day.
>
> Also, I know at least hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people will play Halo: CE online. How could you only say tens of thousands when hundreds of thousands and sometimes millions play Halo games everyday?

Out of those big numbers that play every day, most of them want a new game, not a remake.

> I honestly hope that a CE remake is never made. Except under the condition that after at least 5 years from now a very comprehensive remake-compilation of the Halo Trilogy is made with the gameplay to be changed as though it were a completely new Halo game (though I would support the idea of a “classic mode” for the campaigns).

^^ This. ^^ Plus perhaps a sandbox/open world Halo game.

I’d REALLY like to see Halo Wars 2.

I don’t really want a CE remake. There are two reasons behind this:

1. I would prefer to play something new and exciting. As much as i love Halo: CE, i think a new Halo game would be better. If i want to play CE, i can play it right now.

2. I have great memories of playing CE, and i don’t want these new memories of playing the new CE to overtake those. No matter how it is made, it won’t be the same as CE. It will never feel the same, because it won’t be as groundbreaking and unfamiliar.

I’d buy any game they make.

> I don’t really want a CE remake. There are two reasons behind this:
>
> 1. I would prefer to play something new and exciting. As much as i love Halo: CE, i think a new Halo game would be better. If i want to play CE, i can play it right now.
>
> 2. I have great memories of playing CE, and i don’t want these new memories of playing the new CE to overtake those. No matter how it is made, it won’t be the same as CE. It will never feel the same, because it won’t be as groundbreaking and unfamiliar.

Pretty much sums up my opinion of this topic!

> I don’t get the reason behind people wanting remakes so much. I mean do you want archaic game play?

because halo CE and 2 are better than halo 3 and Reach.

i’m confused as to why people wouldn’t.

I wouldn’t want to pay full price but I’d buy a reasonably priced Halo:CE remake that had:
– updated graphics
– SAME GAMEPLAY in campaign and MP [at least as an option]
– Being able to play in various modes over XBox Live instead of just system link or split screen
– The option to have different Gameplay / AI based on some other version of Halo would be nice …

Im tired of people calling themselves Halo veterans as if that gives any more credit to the fact that a Halo CE or 2 remake should be done.

First, which is it? Halo CE or Halo 2? They are very different games. Very different

Second, The reason Halo CE and Halo 2 felt so awesome and so glorious is because Halo CE was the launch title for the XBox, and the Xbox was at that time the most powerful gaming system, so obviously wow. Halo 2 was the next step in both the Halo and Xbox world: incredible game moved to online play. Of course Halo 3 and reach dont feel the same, but its not because of their gameplay, its because they didnt have the shock value going in.

Well im a halo veteran too, if you even care (to be honest I dont care about anyone who says it), and I can say there was never a “golden era” of halo. Halo as always been halo, and it has always been great.