A H5G Forge Idea: Drop Pods and how they work

As I took a walk earlier, an idea hit on how Drop Pods could possibly work in the next Halo. I know there are people who would like this feature introduced in the next game. Possibly a feature used in Forge and can be used in most gametypes. Now of course this wont replace the simple spawn in system but this could be used as another form of access to a match whenever it begins.

Basically here is a breakdown on how it works:

You start up Forge on whatever map, something similar to that of Forge World, Impact, Ravine, etc. As you look through the selection of items (Drop Pods could be under Gadgets), you build your ship, base, whatever it is in the sky. You setup the Drop Pods in in the corners of your structure. You save your map and load it up in Custom Games.

You spawn in and head over to one of the Drop Pods (Drop Pods only drop vertically), as your approach the pod, it will ask to enter by pressing the action button, whichever button you use. As you press the button, the players Spartan or Elite will go into an animation (it will be shown through 1st person view on their screen). They jump in the Drop Pod and turn around, facing the exit as they prepare to drop holstering their weapon within the Drop Pod, similar to what the Rookie did in ODST. The door close and initiates a 3 second countdown before it projects itself to the surface below.

As it hits the ground, the door will either blow off or simply open, allowing the player’s Spartan or Elite to exit. The player’s will simply get out of the Drop Pods automatically of course and proceed to beginning the match.

Feedback would be accepted guys.

The drop pod thread you created two hours ago isn’t even off the front page yet.

> The drop pod thread you created two hours ago isn’t even off the front page yet.

There is a difference between them, if you haven’t read it clearly yet. The other thread was simply a request to add it in Halo 5. This thread is in regards to showing how it could work IF it is added.

Please read before posting. Because a lot seem not to.

> > The drop pod thread you created two hours ago isn’t even off the front page yet.
>
> There is a difference between them, if you haven’t read it clearly yet. The other thread was simply a request to add it in Halo 5. This thread is in regards to showing how it could work IF it is added.
>
> Please read before posting. Because a lot seem not to.

All your OP says is that we should be able to place drop pods in forge then you go on to describe how a drop pod works. I think I am failing to see the original idea here.

You could sum your OP up with “let us place drop pods in forge” which is exactly what your other thread said.

> > > The drop pod thread you created two hours ago isn’t even off the front page yet.
> >
> > There is a difference between them, if you haven’t read it clearly yet. The other thread was simply a request to add it in Halo 5. This thread is in regards to showing how it could work IF it is added.
> >
> > Please read before posting. Because a lot seem not to.
>
> All your OP says is that we should be able to place drop pods in forge then you go on to describe how a drop pod works. I think I am failing to see the original idea here.
>
> You could sum your OP up with “let us place drop pods in forge” which is exactly what your other thread said.

Well good for you, adding in the feature to Forge would make things interesting for those who Forge maps. Simply having it built in would restrict it to specific maps and gametypes. Adding the feature to Forge would easily give players the ability to drop in the match a little differently, rather than the simple spawn in system.

The idea is clear and quite easy to understand. Sure the other thread was more directed as a request, but if players wanted to take advantage of the feature, it would have to be added to Forge and I clearly explained how it could possibly work.

What’s not to understand?

Gimmick.

The post above me isn’t terribly constructive, but he has a point. It’s like calling in your Titan in Titanfall, or simply waiting until you die to spawn in it. The first couple times watching the Titan re-enter from orbit is pretty sweet, but unless you’re playing in an IMAX theater every day, it tends to distract from gameplay.

Would it be cool in maybe one game mode, like tie it in with Invasion and buddy spawning somehow? Yes. In every one? No thank you.

> The post above me isn’t terribly constructive, but he has a point. It’s like calling in your Titan in Titanfall, or simply waiting until you die to spawn in it. The first couple times watching the Titan re-enter from orbit is pretty sweet, but unless you’re playing in an IMAX theater every day, it tends to distract from gameplay.
>
> Would it be cool in maybe one game mode, like tie it in with Invasion and buddy spawning somehow? Yes. In every one? No thank you.

Well it would be at game start only, once you do it, it’s done. After you use the Drop Pod and land on the surface below and lets say you die 30 seconds afterwards then you would simply respawn by a simple spawn point that was laying down somewhere else. You won’t be using the drop pod everytime you die.

> As I took a walk earlier, an idea hit on how Drop Pods could possibly work in the next Halo. I know there are people who would like this feature introduced in the next game. Possibly a feature used in Forge and can be used in most gametypes. Now of course this wont replace the simple spawn in system but this could be used as another form of access to a match whenever it begins.
>
> Basically here is a breakdown on how it works:
>
> You start up Forge on whatever map, something similar to that of Forge World, Impact, Ravine, etc. As you look through the selection of items (Drop Pods could be under Gadgets), you build your ship, base, whatever it is in the sky. You setup the Drop Pods in in the corners of your structure. You save your map and load it up in Custom Games.
>
> You spawn in and head over to one of the Drop Pods (Drop Pods only drop vertically), as your approach the pod, it will ask to enter by pressing the action button, whichever button you use. As you press the button, the players Spartan or Elite will go into an animation (it will be shown through 1st person view on their screen). They jump in the Drop Pod and turn around, facing the exit as they prepare to drop holstering their weapon within the Drop Pod, similar to what the Rookie did in ODST. The door close and initiates a 3 second countdown before it projects itself to the surface below.
>
> As it hits the ground, the door will either blow off or simply open, allowing the player’s Spartan or Elite to exit. The player’s will simply get out of the Drop Pods automatically of course and proceed to beginning the match.
>
> Feedback would be accepted guys.

I like your idea, and I like how it could be a sort of intro to maps, such as a Spartan vs. Elite Invasion style map: The Spartans and Elites do their drop pod animation, fall into battle, and the match starts, like you said. It gives it a sort of " special mission-ey" feel to the game.
But, it would have to be certain gametypes. Not every single one.

> > As I took a walk earlier, an idea hit on how Drop Pods could possibly work in the next Halo. I know there are people who would like this feature introduced in the next game. Possibly a feature used in Forge and can be used in most gametypes. Now of course this wont replace the simple spawn in system but this could be used as another form of access to a match whenever it begins.
> >
> > Basically here is a breakdown on how it works:
> >
> > You start up Forge on whatever map, something similar to that of Forge World, Impact, Ravine, etc. As you look through the selection of items (Drop Pods could be under Gadgets), you build your ship, base, whatever it is in the sky. You setup the Drop Pods in in the corners of your structure. You save your map and load it up in Custom Games.
> >
> > You spawn in and head over to one of the Drop Pods (Drop Pods only drop vertically), as your approach the pod, it will ask to enter by pressing the action button, whichever button you use. As you press the button, the players Spartan or Elite will go into an animation (it will be shown through 1st person view on their screen). They jump in the Drop Pod and turn around, facing the exit as they prepare to drop holstering their weapon within the Drop Pod, similar to what the Rookie did in ODST. The door close and initiates a 3 second countdown before it projects itself to the surface below.
> >
> > As it hits the ground, the door will either blow off or simply open, allowing the player’s Spartan or Elite to exit. The player’s will simply get out of the Drop Pods automatically of course and proceed to beginning the match.
> >
> > Feedback would be accepted guys.
>
> I like your idea, and I like how it could be a sort of intro to maps, such as a Spartan vs. Elite Invasion style map: The Spartans and Elites do their drop pod animation, fall into battle, and the match starts, like you said. It gives it a sort of " special mission-ey" feel to the game.
> But, it would have to be certain gametypes. Not every single one.

Well it can work in Invasion, Spartan vs Elites, Spartan vs Spartan, Elites vs Elites. It doesnt have to be just be Spartan vs Elites, add variety. As for gametypes, it could work for Invasion, Big Team Battle, CTF, Assault, etc, possibly for Objective gametypes but if you want to do so for Machinima then hell it can be. Customs would be amazing with these in Halo. Its just a new feature that I think would be interesting to add in.

Hell a good new gametype could be called infiltrate where players use the drop pods.