A Grunt Leader and Would It Make Sense?

Okay so just going to start this out, this is a post something from a forum that I can’t find now that was talking about new leaders for the coming DLC and a lot of people said Grunt. And understandably a lot of people said why a grunt they are cowards and aren’t really leaders.

Well for me I look back at the lore and want to being up the fact that the Grunts had a full blown Rebellion against the covenant. Not only did they revolt but they came with a vengeance and it took the covenants full military involvement and the creation of an Arbiter to put it down. And they only put it down through threatening to destroy the grunts home world.

How it would relate to the game? Well the Banished are the only ones to have a rebellion that the covenant couldn’t handle that we know of by lore. The next closest thing is the grunts. So this isn’t a post on me saying ‘yes’ or ‘no’ on a grunt leader but more me saying give the little -Yoinks!- a chance before you say they would be too weak or cowardly to hold a commanding position.

> 2533274835060803;1:
> Okay so just going to start this out, this is a post something from a forum that I can’t find now that was talking about new leaders for the coming DLC and a lot of people said Grunt. And understandably a lot of people said why a grunt they are cowards and aren’t really leaders.
>
> Well for me I look back at the lore and want to being up the fact that the Grunts had a full blown Rebellion against the covenant. Not only did they revolt but they came with a vengeance and it took the covenants full military involvement and the creation of an Arbiter to put it down. And they only put it down through threatening to destroy the grunts home world.
>
> How it would relate to the game? Well the Banished are the only ones to have a rebellion that the covenant couldn’t handle that we know of by lore. The next closest thing is the grunts. So this isn’t a post on me saying ‘yes’ or ‘no’ on a grunt leader but more me saying give the little -Yoinks!- a chance before you say they would be too weak or cowardly to hold a commanding position.

There where a number of Unggoy rebellions in the covenant but the one you mentioned is by far the largest. In the Swords of Sangheilios there are two grunts that have command AND respect from elites so its entirely plausible if not humourous.

> 2533274969455749;2:
> > 2533274835060803;1:
> > Okay so just going to start this out, this is a post something from a forum that I can’t find now that was talking about new leaders for the coming DLC and a lot of people said Grunt. And understandably a lot of people said why a grunt they are cowards and aren’t really leaders.
> >
> > Well for me I look back at the lore and want to being up the fact that the Grunts had a full blown Rebellion against the covenant. Not only did they revolt but they came with a vengeance and it took the covenants full military involvement and the creation of an Arbiter to put it down. And they only put it down through threatening to destroy the grunts home world.
> >
> > How it would relate to the game? Well the Banished are the only ones to have a rebellion that the covenant couldn’t handle that we know of by lore. The next closest thing is the grunts. So this isn’t a post on me saying ‘yes’ or ‘no’ on a grunt leader but more me saying give the little -Yoinks!- a chance before you say they would be too weak or cowardly to hold a commanding position.
>
> There where a number of Unggoy rebellions in the covenant but the one you mentioned is by far the largest. In the Swords of Sangheilios there are two grunts that have command AND respect from elites so its entirely plausible if not humourous.

Exactly, it wouldn’t be impossible for the banished to see them as a worthy species for command. It would probably bring in some great dialogue too.

I believe it was said the next DLC leader is on the UNSC side. But that would seem kinda cool. Maybe have the mech in 5 be like the hero or something like that.

I’d love a grunt leader. The grunt’s from halo 1-3 and hw1 and 2 always amuse me, to the point in the main games I tried to keep them alive and avoid killing them if possible.

> 2535406661860137;4:
> I believe it was said the next DLC leader is on the UNSC side. But that would seem kinda cool. Maybe have the mech in 5 be like the hero or something like that.

Who wouldn’t like a grunt mech on their side?.

I love the idea of a grunt.
But I want a Jackel leader.

> 2533275006811498;7:
> I love the idea of a grunt.
> But I want a Jackel leader.

I’m all on for a jackel leader honestly. I’ve always loved jackals AND feel they need some love, what better way than a leader dlc.

Well I mean, they said the multiplayer wouldn’t be canon so i guess anything’s possible.

> 2533274854751003;9:
> Well I mean, they said the multiplayer wouldn’t be canon so i guess anything’s possible.

They said that? Link?

> 2533274835060803;8:
> > 2533275006811498;7:
> > I love the idea of a grunt.
> > But I want a Jackel leader.
>
> I’m all on for a jackel leader honestly. I’ve always loved jackals AND feel they need some love, what better way than a leader dlc.

Right! They were once space pirates if i remember right. Hero could be a Jackel sniper or something that eats infantry.

A Grunt with a custom Goblin seems like a no-brainer to me.

> 2533275006811498;11:
> > 2533274835060803;8:
> > > 2533275006811498;7:
> > > I love the idea of a grunt.
> > > But I want a Jackel leader.
> >
> > I’m all on for a jackel leader honestly. I’ve always loved jackals AND feel they need some love, what better way than a leader dlc.
>
> Right! They were once space pirates if i remember right. Hero could be a Jackel sniper or something that eats infantry.

Honestly jackals that eat infantry would be terrifying and awesome!

i think it would be cool if they had a grunt squad with only grunts but take less population so you can have more of them.

> 2533274835060803;6:
> > 2535406661860137;4:
> > I believe it was said the next DLC leader is on the UNSC side. But that would seem kinda cool. Maybe have the mech in 5 be like the hero or something like that.
>
> Who wouldn’t like a grunt mech on their side?.

Me. Ill go make some toast brb

> 2533274968042384;14:
> i think it would be cool if they had a grunt squad with only grunts but take less population so you can have more of them.

He would definitely have to be a mob/rush type leader in my opinion.

> 2533274835060803;16:
> > 2533274968042384;14:
> > i think it would be cool if they had a grunt squad with only grunts but take less population so you can have more of them.
>
> He would definitely have to be a mob/rush type leader in my opinion.

yeah its the most logical option for a grunt leader. They may not be that tactically smart but with enough numbers you can overwhelm smarter enemies which is exactly what a grunt would do.

> 2533274968042384;17:
> > 2533274835060803;16:
> > > 2533274968042384;14:
> > > i think it would be cool if they had a grunt squad with only grunts but take less population so you can have more of them.
> >
> > He would definitely have to be a mob/rush type leader in my opinion.
>
> yeah its the most logical option for a grunt leader. They may not be that tactically smart but with enough numbers you can overwhelm smarter enemies which is exactly what a grunt would do.

Honestly like if your facing 30 grunt squads and with like 3 tanks your probably gonna lose or at the least walk away with loses. Grunts have always won by overwhelming numbers.

> 2749742451072143;12:
> A Grunt with a custom Goblin seems like a no-brainer to me.

Would it be a hero unit? Or a drop, sort of like a super unit on a shorter cooldown.