A good way for 343i to mess up halo 4

I have faith in 343i. I know that they’re working hard.
But there is one thing that would completely mess up Halo 4 and 343i’s credibility.
If Master Chief actually wakes up from cryo with the new suit on, it will just break Halo. With some awful explanation like “artistic license” or “it changed while the Chief was in cryo.”
So far there are ONLY two explanations for the new armor that fit with the canon:
-He wakes up with Mark VI and gets Mark VII armor after being rescued by the Infinity.
-He wakes up with Mark VI and Engineers in the Shield World repair and modify his armor.

From what I’ve seen in the latest installments in the franchise, it makes more sense for it to be Mark VII.

Now I would find it a bit cool to play with Mark VI for the first mission or so. Then you get the Mark VII with an all new HUD and abilities.

I don’t see why you think playing a first mission in Mark VI would even be necessary. The events could just be covered in the intro cutscene.

Um, artistic license is a pretty -Yoink!- good reason to change something. Specifically to avoid getting SUED!

> Um, artistic license is a pretty -Yoink!- good reason to change something. Specifically to avoid getting SUED!

even thought they own Halo

> > Um, artistic license is a pretty -Yoink!- good reason to change something. Specifically to avoid getting SUED!
>
> even thought they own Halo

Contracts and licensing is sometimes not that easy…

> > > Um, artistic license is a pretty -Yoink!- good reason to change something. Specifically to avoid getting SUED!
> >
> > even thought they own Halo
>
> Contracts and licensing is sometimes not that easy…

at times? yeah, but i’m sure that Microsoft owns every sinlge thing in Halo

I read somewhere in Xbox World a quote about how “while this is the first time players have seen the Chief since Halo 3, this isn’t the first time the Chief has been out of that tube…” or something to that effect. Interesting thought, but it probably would be a bit out of place, since this is supposed to be the Chief waking up adrift in space… but only after visiting a mechanic’s shop, of course.

I don’t see any slick way to explain it in a way that makes total sense, but regardless, the gameplay is more what I’m worried about.

Microsoft has owned Halo since 2001. They BOUGHT Halo. Bungie just made the games.

Minor changes like the physical appearance of the Elites in Reach is one thing. Completely changing up the armor is another.

Didn’t they say some nano chip in the armor can change it?

> Didn’t they say some nano chip in the armor can change it?

…wut?

I’m sure that 343 has made up a cutscene/explanation that makes sense, but they’ve already finished the basics of the campaign, it is probably already too late to make drastic changes to it.

Wait, what? This would ruin Halo? I’m sorry, I haven’t read the newest books, but it’s been made obvious that Mjolnir armor can be upgraded in cryo, soooo…

> > Didn’t they say some nano chip in the armor can change it?
>
> …wut?

> Wait, what? This would ruin Halo? I’m sorry, I haven’t read the newest books, but it’s been made obvious that Mjolnir armor can be upgraded in cryo, soooo…

Lets see…Glasslands…Naomi…Mark Vll Armor…now I remember:

One of the few remaining S-lls, post-Human-Covenant War, was outfitted with Mark Vll armor, supposedly not designed by the same people who made the other MJOLNIR, and that it has tiny nanobots that can perform basic repairs in cryo.

Artistic License is the perfect reason to upgrade: why not? We have new graphical capabilities, why not use them to our best advantages?

> > > Didn’t they say some nano chip in the armor can change it?
> >
> > …wut?
>
>
>
> > Wait, what? This would ruin Halo? I’m sorry, I haven’t read the newest books, but it’s been made obvious that Mjolnir armor can be upgraded in cryo, soooo…
>
> Lets see…Glasslands…Naomi…Mark Vll Armor…now I remember:
>
> One of the few remaining S-lls, post-Human-Covenant War, was outfitted with Mark Vll armor, supposedly not designed by the same people who made the other MJOLNIR, and that it has tiny nanobots that can perform basic repairs in cryo.
>
> Artistic License is the perfect reason to upgrade: why not? We have new graphical capabilities, why not use them to our best advantages?

Dats cray

The new suit looks like a steaming pile of crap.

1: Bicep pads have replaced the shoulder pads
2: Crouchless cover thing looks like crap only covering the lower most abdomen
3. Helmet looks like a cross between the Mark VI and Rogue from Halo 3

343i Fix Your -Yoink!-

I think we all need to consider the fact that we may not actually even see Chief wake up/acquire his new armor as part of the game introduction.

In Halo 3 everyone thought we’d open up on the Keyship. Instead, we got the intro being Chief crash landing on Earth, and a series of comics called “Halo: Uprising” that detailed the events on the Keyship.

I think it’s possible we see something like that in a bid from Microsoft to make some extra cash.

> Wait, what? This would ruin Halo? I’m sorry, I haven’t read the newest books, but it’s been made obvious that Mjolnir armor can be upgraded in cryo, soooo…

Partially true. Mark VII can, but the Chief is wearing Mark VI. Also it’s software upgrades and minor repairs. Not a whole new suit. Also I love the new suit. I’m not surprised to see haters of it already. This is just the beginning. When the game comes out, this forum is going to be flooded with haters.

> > Wait, what? This would ruin Halo? I’m sorry, I haven’t read the newest books, but it’s been made obvious that Mjolnir armor can be upgraded in cryo, soooo…
>
> Partially true. Mark VII can, but the Chief is wearing Mark VI. Also it’s software upgrades and minor repairs. Not a whole new suit. Also I love the new suit. I’m not surprised to see haters of it already. This is just the beginning. When the game comes out, this forum is going to be flooded with haters.

I’m sure the change from Mark VI to the new armor was one of the first things 343i thought about when they wanted to make a new look for him. As well as Mr ATCG, I like the new armor except the shoulders. They don’t bother me much, though.

>
> Partially true. Mark VII can, but the Chief is wearing Mark VI. Also it’s software upgrades and minor repairs. Not a whole new suit. Also I love the new suit. I’m not surprised to see haters of it already. This is just the beginning. When the game comes out, this forum is going to be flooded with haters.

Truth. No matter how good the game is, there will always be haters.

Once upon a time, the nearly universally revered Halo 2 had all kinds of haters. Some complaints will be legit, others will be ridiculous.

> Didn’t they say some nano chip in the armor can change it?

That’s in the MK-VII, not what John has on, in Halo 3, my biggest problem is that the plasma scarring is on the chest, from Halo 3. My guess is in the preview was just to show off the ugly -Yoink- armor, but he’ll wake up with the old armor on. All I’ve gotta say is I’d better be able to make my armor look nothing like that -Yoink-.