A glimmer of hope for us worried fans

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content. This includes leaked content, real or fake.</mark>

Why do I feel like I’m the only person that knew the demo was at least four months old? And to be honest due to covid-19 I’d put money down to say it was even older and unfinished.

> 2533274800521306;2:
> Why do I feel like I’m the only person that knew the demo was at least four months old? And to be honest due to covid-19 I’d put money down to say it was even older and unfinished.

Yeah I know it was a demo but I still have so many doubts… experience with other games ending up a train wreck have left me with serious concerns, my faith in the game industry is very lacking. I hope my doubts are proven wrong and it’s amazing. But a lot irked me in the demo… the gimmicky grapple physics have wounded me the most hah

> 2533274813946507;3:
> > 2533274800521306;2:
> > Why do I feel like I’m the only person that knew the demo was at least four months old? And to be honest due to covid-19 I’d put money down to say it was even older and unfinished.
>
> Yeah I know it was a demo but I still have so many doubts… experience with other games ending up a train wreck have left me with serious concerns, my faith in the game industry is very lacking. I hope my doubts are proven wrong and it’s amazing. But a lot irked me in the demo… the gimmicky grapple physics have wounded me the most hah

When I was younger I studied game design briefly (ran out of money for college.) I can tell you that progress on games is quick and “polishing” before launch doesn’t take long at all. There is a least 4 months left before launch. That’s a ton of time and the improvement will be massive. Don’t worry. Halo will be just fine.

Thanks for the share.
This doesn’t put anyone at ease still tho.

4 months old? Great. But what about the 5 years that the game has been in development.

343 posted an article praising the graphical fidelity of the game. They are either trolling us, they don’t care, or they genuinely incompetent.

could be all 3

> 2533274822200673;5:
> 4 months old? Great. But what about the 5 years that the game has been in development.

Some of that time was spent building a new engine from the ground up. And 343 is doing a lot with this game. So I’m cutting them some slack. And frankly, when Chief stepped out of the pelican, I got chills. Only after rewatching it over and over did I realize that the graphics and rendering could be touched up.

I’m not the biggest fan of Rich, but meh, if what he is saying isn’t total bs for once then cool! I’m just hoping Infinite does us all proud, we have waited a very very long time, so I’m trying to stay positive.

There’s always some excuse for 343. Halo 5 released unfinished and people were saying it was because they had to like restart half way through so they were rushed. When MCC released people defended 343 saying it was intended to be only Halo2A and Microsoft wanted all Halo’s in 1 game. I hope 343 absolutely prove everyone wrong, and I hope Infinite is amazing.

I dont know who this guy is, but his presentation just doesnt seem trustworthy. I’m tired of all the speculation of how things might be fixed if at all. This may be my fault because I keep looking at forums and videos. You tube is like a battleground on halo infinite people be calling each other out going back and forth.
It’s only been 2 days, I feel like 343 is just waiting for us to calm down but waiting like that is only going to kill the mood for the game, for the people who liked the demo, it’s honestly so lame. Like they got to be straight up come monday.

> 2533274800521306;4:
> > 2533274813946507;3:
> > > 2533274800521306;2:
> > > Why do I feel like I’m the only person that knew the demo was at least four months old? And to be honest due to covid-19 I’d put money down to say it was even older and unfinished.
> >
> > Yeah I know it was a demo but I still have so many doubts… experience with other games ending up a train wreck have left me with serious concerns, my faith in the game industry is very lacking. I hope my doubts are proven wrong and it’s amazing. But a lot irked me in the demo… the gimmicky grapple physics have wounded me the most hah
>
> When I was younger I studied game design briefly (ran out of money for college.) I can tell you that progress on games is quick and “polishing” before launch doesn’t take long at all. There is a least 4 months left before launch. That’s a ton of time and the improvement will be massive. Don’t worry. Halo will be just fine.

Well this is good to know shame you ran out of money though. :frowning: but what’s your thoughts on the ray tracing being added after launch then?

> 2533274822200673;5:
> Thanks for the share.
> This doesn’t put anyone at ease still tho.
>
> 4 months old? Great. But what about the 5 years that the game has been in development.
>
> 343 posted an article praising the graphical fidelity of the game. They are either trolling us, they don’t care, or they genuinely incompetent.
>
> could be all 3

Let’s be real, it’s probably all 3. Certainly the first two.

> 2533274813946507;10:
> > 2533274800521306;4:
> > > 2533274813946507;3:
> > > > 2533274800521306;2:
> > > > Why do I feel like I’m the only person that knew the demo was at least four months old? And to be honest due to covid-19 I’d put money down to say it was even older and unfinished.
> > >
> > > Yeah I know it was a demo but I still have so many doubts… experience with other games ending up a train wreck have left me with serious concerns, my faith in the game industry is very lacking. I hope my doubts are proven wrong and it’s amazing. But a lot irked me in the demo… the gimmicky grapple physics have wounded me the most hah
> >
> > When I was younger I studied game design briefly (ran out of money for college.) I can tell you that progress on games is quick and “polishing” before launch doesn’t take long at all. There is a least 4 months left before launch. That’s a ton of time and the improvement will be massive. Don’t worry. Halo will be just fine.
>
> Well this is good to know shame you ran out of money though. :frowning: but what’s your thoughts on the ray tracing being added after launch then?

Ray tracing is a somewhat new technology that isn’t even taken advantage of on most PC games at the moment. It’s complex and will take a lot of learning and updates to game engines before we fully see it utilized. I’d be okay with seeing it in a later update. One thing people need to keep in mind is new consoles go through many different changes through the build process. The early dev kits that 343 probably got when they first started building Halo Infinite are most likely way different then what we will be getting this holiday. It’s a very unreal expectation to expect a launch title to be a full representation of a new console or even take full advantage of some new technologies.

It definitely looked like an older build which is why I was never worried to begin with.

> 2533274826612929;8:
> There’s always some excuse for 343. Halo 5 released unfinished and people were saying it was because they had to like restart half way through so they were rushed. When MCC released people defended 343 saying it was intended to be only Halo2A and Microsoft wanted all Halo’s in 1 game. I hope 343 absolutely prove everyone wrong, and I hope Infinite is amazing.

I mean, them having to restart Halo still reflects badly on them - just as Bungie having to redo Destiny’s story so late in the game is their fault for bad project management. I wouldn’t count that as an excuse for them, just as whilst I think the graphical issues in the trailer can be fixed it shouldn’t have been shown in that state to start with and I think that reflects badly on 343i.

With that said the Halo releases that were smooth are about 50/50 with the messes. Halo CE and 2 were messy devs, as was MCC and 5. 3, Reach, 4 & ODST are the ones which seem to be the smoothest and ODST is just a campaign mode.

> 2533274822200673;5:
> Thanks for the share.
> This doesn’t put anyone at ease still tho.
>
>
> 343 posted an article praising the graphical fidelity of the game. They are either trolling us, they don’t care, or they genuinely incompetent.
>
> could be all 3

During the build process of a new console you’ll see thousands of changes in both hardware and software. It’s very unlikely that the first XSX dev kit that 343i received is even remotely close to being the same XSX we will receive this holiday. With that being said the 5 year development process is not a great way to judge what a “next game” will be like just based off the XSX hardware/software development process.

I do not not work for 343i nor do I have any insider information. But I would be willing to bet that there came a point when covid-19 first arrived and companies, states, CDC, and federal government where scrambling to figure out a game plan and that a discussion was had among 343i heads and Xbox heads about completely scraping a demo and focusing all manpower on the actual build of the game. Especially during the chaotic transition to working from home. The fact that Halo Infinite is not delayed is a testament to the hard work these developers put in on a daily basis. I would take an educated guess and say the demo we saw on Thursday was meant to be shown at E3 and that it was unfinished due to the timing of covid-19. (March-May particularly.)

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

what a great way to sell halo games and the new xbox!!!
guys 343 is just making excuses to sell their product. the game will look like the demo at launch.

> 2533274800521306;15:
> > 2533274822200673;5:
> > Thanks for the share.
> > This doesn’t put anyone at ease still tho.
> >
> > 4 months old? Great. But what about the 5 years that the game has been in development.
> >
> > 343 posted an article praising the graphical fidelity of the game. They are either trolling us, they don’t care, or they genuinely incompetent.
> >
> > could be all 3
>
> During the build process of a new console you’ll see thousands of changes in both hardware and software. It’s very unlikely that the first XSX dev kit that 343i received is even remotely close to being the same XSX we will receive this holiday. With that being said the 5 year development process is not a great way to judge what a “next game” will be like just based off the XSX hardware/software development process.
>
> I do not not work for 343i nor do I have any insider information. But I would be willing to bet that there came a point when covid-19 first arrived and companies, states, CDC, and federal government where scrambling to figure out a game plan and that a discussion was had among 343i heads and Xbox heads about completely scraping a demo and focusing all manpower on the actual build of the game. Especially during the chaotic transition to working from home. The fact that Halo Infinite is not delayed is a testament to the hard work these developers put in on a daily basis. I would take an educated guess and say the demo we saw on Thursday was meant to be shown at E3 and that it was unfinished due to the timing of covid-19. (March-May particularly.)

Great thoughts, I hope your assumption prove to be true.

Either way, 343 NEEDS to make statement soon. Forbes, BBC, & many high profile channels on youtube have all given the graphics some major backlash.