A gamemode from COD and Battlefield .......

Needs to be in this game.What gamemode you ask?Well,to put it simply:Hardcore.
Yep that’s right.
Hardcore mode.
Why?You’re wondering?
Well…to be simple…it’ll be fun!Halo will be more realsitic with this gamemode,and even harder,perhaps to the level of the commpetive e-sport gamekotes like MLG/Goldpro.

Hardcore mode,for the unitiated;
-decreases health(we’re talking 30% to 50% here)
-no health/shield regen
-removes all HUD(maybe one or two hud for objective ,modes)

That’s the main things of the Hardcore gamemode(in the other games)
I truly belive that if implented in Halo,many Halo palyers will soon to discover that this will be a fun ,challenging,and engaging game mode.
But enough about my opinoun of this.
What’s your?

How is this even more realistic?

> How is this even more realistic?

People in real life can’t heal their wounds automatically during combat, nor do they have a HUD or noticeable bullet resistance. The mode that the OP proposes wouldn’t be realistic (in that Spartans would still be able to take multiple bullet wounds without reacting, among other things), but I suppose it’d be more realistic than Halo 4’s default settings.

@erickyboo
Well,if the books/anime canon is correct,then even without shields,spartans aren’t mobile tanks.They can only take a few hits(unlike in multiplayer) .
And BOOM.They’re dead.I think the Legendary in Story mode is a good example of releasic.

Halo cant be realistic. Why? Because it Halo is futuristic. You can not tell how Warfare will be in the past 500 years. So this is crap

You have SWAT already. What more do you want?

As said, this is a futuristic game with futuristic weapons and armor, armor that can take more than a few hits and still do fine…just like SWAT represents! The only wrong thing is that a headshot shouldn’t kill with a single shot; these are closed helms that are equally as armored. You’re also forgetting genetic modification, auto-biofoam injectors, and all the other nitty gritty details about the armor that keep the soldier alive long after a regular marine.

Spartans can heal their wounds (limitedly) and do have a HUD (in the helmet). Nothing unrealistic about that at all.

If anything, your “realistic” gametype should allow Spartans to take more hits, not less.

I think that it only makes sense for Spartans to have a HUD on their visor that at least displays ammo, a motion tracker/radar/minimap, and shield indicator. Already with 2013 technology, that’s possible, albeit not efficient, with technologies like Google Glass and Bluetooth used together. Imagine if modern day guns had a built-in computer chip that counted number of shots fired since the last reload to keep track of current ammo, and then fed that information wirelessly via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi direct to a central device in a soldier’s armor, which then displayed that information on a transparent screen attached to the inside of a pair of goggles. Seems pretty realistic to me. If it’s doable now, it’d be standard in 500 years.

> I think that it only makes sense for Spartans to have a HUD on their visor that at least displays ammo, a motion tracker/radar/minimap, and shield indicator. Already with 2013 technology, that’s possible, albeit not efficient, with technologies like Google Glass and Bluetooth used together. Imagine if modern day guns had a built-in computer chip that counted number of shots fired since the last reload to keep track of current ammo, and then fed that information wirelessly via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi direct to a central device in a soldier’s armor, which then displayed that information on a transparent screen attached to the inside of a pair of goggles. Seems pretty realistic to me. If it’s doable now, it’d be standard in 500 years.

> You have SWAT already. What more do you want?
>
> As said, this is a futuristic game with futuristic weapons and armor, armor that can take more than a few hits and still do fine…just like SWAT represents! The only wrong thing is that a headshot shouldn’t kill with a single shot; these are closed helms that are equally as armored. You’re also forgetting genetic modification, auto-biofoam injectors, and all the other nitty gritty details about the armor that keep the soldier alive long after a regular marine.
>
> Spartans can heal their wounds (limitedly) and do have a HUD (in the helmet). Nothing unrealistic about that at all.
>
> If anything, your “realistic” gametype should allow Spartans to take more hits, not less.

Okay,lets all just forget about what I just said about this being realistic.Less health,no regen,and little to no hud with still be the backbone of this gamemode,and all those features combined will still present a
challenging mode.
Now please,tell me what"s wrong on having a challenging gamemode?

I think this is a horrible idea. I don’t play video games for realism, I play for fun. Halo has always been a game about shooting aliens its not meant to be realistic. SWAT is pretty much what your talking about (my personally least favorite playlist) and it has a good population of dedicated players.

edit: any game mode and playlist can be challenging against the right competition. I know with CSR and the current ranking system it can be hard to find a consistently challenging playlist, but it seems like COD or battlefield suits what your looking for more than halo does.

What part exactly would be removed from the HUD? Ammo wouldn’t make much of a difference since most human weapons have a counter on it.

> I think this is a horrible idea. I don’t play video games for realism, I play for fun. Halo has always been a game about shooting aliens its not meant to be realistic. SWAT is pretty much what your talking about (my personally least favorite playlist) and it has a good population of dedicated players.

No,It isn’t what I’m talking about.(even though I admit that I do like it )
This is like comparing CTF to Assualt.They"'re different,but if you look closer,you can see some similarities.
With Hardcore and Swat,they share some designs,but they"'re still alot different

> edit: any game mode and playlist can be challenging against the right competition. I know with CSR and the current ranking system it can be hard to find a consistently challenging playlist, but it seems like COD or battlefield suits what your looking for more than halo does.

Mind the user name(it’s a joke),I"'ve been a fan of Halo since 3.Griffball had opened my eyes to reconfigurable Halo is and how many light years it"s ahead of the competition in that department.With being said,Halo 4 already has done challenging playlists,but just like What hardcore did for bf and cod, it’ll just add another challenging experience to the mix

> MenuWhat part exactly would be removed from the HUD? Ammo wouldn’t make much of a difference since most human weapons have a counter on it.

ALL.Except an icon to where the objective I"s if hardcore is in an objective gametype.Perhaps,I’m still kind of thinking about that.

If you have a serious problem with this gamemode I have an extremely simple solution for you.

Don’t play it

Hardcore works in CoD because players already have low and non-recharging health (translate that to shields in Halo). If you reduce health by 50%, that’s basically only reducing bullets-to-kill from 4 to 2. Not a big difference. The same change in Halo would make a 4-shot BR a 2-shot, and an AR kills in 6 bullets instead of 11. Huge difference.

One of the elements core to Halo gameplay is the ability to retreat and recoup if you’re getting shot so you can “live to fight another day.” The “hardcore” settings above would ruin this.

Halo 4 already has a hardcore mode called Team Throwdown. Halo 3 had the MLG playlist. It’s as hardcore as you can get without trying to turn Halo into something that it’s not.

> ALL.Except an icon to where the objective I"s if hardcore is in an objective gametype.Perhaps,I’m still kind of thinking about that.

Yeah, Halo’s aiming system makes this a bit difficult for this mode. Either eliminate it completely and make it similar to the blind skull (though people can just put a piece of tape to mark where the aimer should be, or leave it in and have insane killtimes.

No, just -Yoinking!- NO!

We don’t want more COD stuff in this game!

> > ALL.Except an icon to where the objective I"s if hardcore is in an objective gametype.Perhaps,I’m still kind of thinking about that.
>
> Yeah, Halo’s aiming system makes this a bit difficult for this mode. Either eliminate it completely and make it similar to the blind skull (though people can just put a piece of tape to mark where the aimer should be, or leave it in and have insane killtimes.

Hmm,I was not thinking of that when I made the OP.Good Point.
It was extremely hard in bf and cod because of this.However they both had ads which balances that

I think in this game mode,because not every weapon had. zoom,each soldier should at least get a pistol/precision weapon.Automtics could be used as secondaries fir quick cqc spray.
For the actual zooming of the weapons,perhaps the hud be allowed there to compensate for no ads aimpoint.
Now as fir the duct tape thing,well let those idiots ruin their tv /monitor fir all I care

> Hardcore works in CoD because players already have low and non-recharging health (translate that to shields in Halo). If you reduce health by 50%, that’s basically only reducing bullets-to-kill from 4 to 2. Not a big differenc
> e
> . The same change in Halo would make a 4-shot BR a 2-shot, and
> an AR kills in 6 bullets instead of 11. Huge difference.
>
> One of the elements core to Halo gameplay is the ability to retreat and recoup if you’re getting shot so you can “live to fight another day.” The “hardcore” settings above would ruin this.
>
> Halo 4 already has a hardcore mode called Team Throwdown. Halo 3 had the MLG playlist. It’s as hardcore as you can get without trying to turn Halo into something that it’s not.

The "dont turn halo into something its not argument"has already been proven wrong with gamemodes like Griffball,Invasion,Battleship,SWAT,SUMO,etc Name one,just one,current gen shooter that’s as versatile in gamemode creation as halo

Now ad fir the damage and such,Iyou are correct about that.Cod already has a low TTK(time to kill) and hardcore mode makes it almost like a milism shooter like ghost recon/rainbow six.Battlefield with its vehicles decided to lower its no like cod(30%)not as much as cod,as their reasoning is as with the super low Healy of cod, vehicles would be too op(and they would)
Halo could do the same thing.It’s health is lowered all right,but to the point gameplay is still challenging and rewarding,especially with vehicles.I"m thinking along the lines of 50% and 75%

> No, just -Yoinking!- NO!
>
>
>
> We don’t want more COD stuff in this game!

What do you mean by…“more COD stuff”??

Halo already has hardcore. It’s called SWAT. If that doesn’t do it for you then sorry but implamenting another gametype that would probably die within a week is a bad idea.

I like the idea of realism with big map’s from Battlefield but Halo 4 is not realistic or remotely big so maybe it’s time 343i took some advice from Dice

This is Halo, not COD and BattleField

> This is Halo, not COD and BattleField

Well with that logic,halo was Quake and Unreal tournament before it was even made

> I like the idea of realism with big map’s from Battlefield but Halo 4 is not realistic or remotely big so maybe it’s time 343i took some advice from Dice

Invasion is basically Halo plus battlefield.Which was the primary reason why I played it so long,and still play it to this day:it shows the base of a perfectly good crossover between the two series :slight_smile:
If not hardcore mode had been on that game sigh

Well,While Halo 4 can’t reach that status with its cqc-centered designs,hopefully halo 5 can do so.I’ve heard from source that halo 5 might actually be more like battlefield so maybe there sone real hope