A fun, new idea for a CEA multiplayer map...

I love the fact we are getting remakes of classic maps. But I also think there are possibilities in creating new maps from the campaign. One map that I think would be awesome for objective gametypes is the reactor core room in on The Maw. CTF would be fun, as well as Assault. Detonating the other team’s side would be an interesting twist to a multiplayer experience. What do you guys think?

Bit late, dontcha think?

Not at all. I’m referring to DLC. There are plenty of maps they could give us.

Don’t remake section of campaign maps. Thats what Bungie did for Reach and it was dissapointing.

Are you talking about original maps based on the CE campaign?

> Are you talking about original maps based on the CE campaign?

Yes. It would also be a fun firefight map with Flood and Sentinels. But for normal matchmaking, the 3 levels of the map would enhance the gameplay. Of course, jet packs wouldn’t be allowed, because that would kind of ruin the overall experience.

Taking maps from the campaign only works in Firefight (and even that seems boring after Unearthed). They should never take MP maps from the campaign.

> Don’t remake section of campaign maps. Thats what Bungie did for Reach and it was dissapointing.

no, they created the multiplayer maps, then inserted them into campaign.

> I love the fact we are getting remakes of classic maps. But I also think there are possibilities in creating new maps from the campaign. One map that I think would be awesome for objective gametypes is the reactor core room in on The Maw. CTF would be fun, as well as Assault. Detonating the other team’s side would be an interesting twist to a multiplayer experience. What do you guys think?

I’ve played a MP map like that, and it wasn’t that fun as it may sound, maybe as a Fire Fight map, but as a straight up MP map, it’s all wrong, it wasn’t designed for MP action beyond 2 people.
There are way better campaign levels in Halo CE and Halo 2 for MP map designs than the Reactor Core Room, to name one the out side of the SC level, the general shape of that map is fun for vehicle combat, and to prove it, there’s a PC only map called Death Island, the basic shape of the island is the same as the campaign level, but it has two bases that are the same, and a few extra things.
I really wish we’d see more classic maps that was in the PC version of Halo CE remade later down the road.

> > Don’t remake section of campaign maps. Thats what Bungie did for Reach and it was dissapointing.
>
> no, they created the multiplayer maps, then inserted them into campaign.

Stop fooling yourself with that BS argument. If you want to create map that will fit into the campaign, you have to know what the campaign is about. Thus, they make the map with the campaigns in mind and here is the result. Apart from this the only other thing is they say they did multiplayer before campaign but that was a lie. Take your poison.

> > > Don’t remake section of campaign maps. Thats what Bungie did for Reach and it was dissapointing.
> >
> > no, they created the multiplayer maps, then inserted them into campaign.
>
> Stop fooling yourself with that BS argument. If you want to create map that will fit into the campaign, you have to know what the campaign is about. Thus, they make the map with the campaigns in mind and here is the result. Apart from this the only other thing is they say they did multiplayer before campaign but that was a lie. Take your poison.

:confused: Yeah DonShetLand you got that backwords, they made the Campaign maps firsts, and then they made the multiplayer maps, it’s some times easier to make a single player map into a multiplayer map than the other way around.

I have no idea where you get your sources from, but it is clearly stated through various weekly updates from bungie that the multiplayer maps were developed seperately from the campaign levels. And since multiplayer maps obviously take much shorter time to make, they were completed first, and were put into the campaign levels as cameos. I think what you were thinking of was firefight; they took spaces from campaign and put them into firefight.

The reason why multiplayer maps were put into the campaign was to just act as cameos, to give the player the “Oh cool I played this map in the beta!” feeling when they played through the campaign.

Get your sources right and make cohesive arguments before attempting at some sort of misinformed, incoherent, poorly supported argument.

But in response to the Original Poster’s thread: yes, I agree that they could have actually created new maps (such as more fightfight maps!) from the original CE campaign. However, this is unlikely as 343 has stated in a past bulletin that the Anniversary map pack was probably going to be the last map pack coming out for Reach until Halo 4 releases next year.

> I have no idea where you get your sources from, but it is clearly stated through various weekly updates from bungie that the multiplayer maps were developed seperately from the campaign levels. And since multiplayer maps obviously take much shorter time to make, they were completed first, and were put into the campaign levels as cameos. I think what you were thinking of was firefight; they took spaces from campaign and put them into firefight.
>
> The reason why multiplayer maps were put into the campaign was to just act as cameos, to give the player the “Oh cool I played this map in the beta!” feeling when they played through the campaign.
>
> Get your sources right and make cohesive arguments before attempting at some sort of misinformed, incoherent, poorly supported argument.
>
> But in response to the Original Poster’s thread: yes, I agree that they could have actually created new maps (such as more fightfight maps!) from the original CE campaign. However, this is unlikely as 343 has stated in a past bulletin that the Anniversary map pack was probably going to be the last map pack coming out for Reach until Halo 4 releases next year.

This is correct. It’s a known fact that Bungie made the multiplayer maps and then inserted them into the campaign. That said, I personally feel that it still made them feel less than brilliant as MP maps. You could see where the area continued and it felt as though you should be able to move over there. It also made things feel rushed, even if it wasn’t. Halo maps had always had a variety but it felt as though it was gone. In my opinion MP maps should not be in the campaign and vice versa.