A Fun Alternative to Halo 4

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

If you dislike Halo 4 for one reason or another and are looking for a fun game that requires teamwork then i recommend getting Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier. This games forces you to play as a team , and there are no killsteaks , ordinance drops or anything like that. It’s pretty cheap to now.

Isn’t that a 3rd person shooter? I’m sure its still fun though. I play a lot of Far Cry 3 when I’m not Forging in Halo 4. I wish Halo’s Forge and FC3’s map editor could mate and have a baby.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

> Isn’t that a 3rd person shooter? I’m sure its still fun though. I play a lot of Far Cry 3 when I’m not Forging in Halo 4. I wish Halo’s Forge and FC3’s map editor could mate and have a baby.

Yh its a 3rd person shooter, and that would be very good especially after the disappointment of halo 4’s forge

I can vouch for it because I played the beta. Going off on your own ends up with you dieing in less then a minute.

> I can vouch for it because I played the beta. Going off on your own ends up with you dieing in less then a minute.

Yh it does, such a good strategy game . You dont get rewarded with ordinance drops or anything to which makes the game much more skill based

I loved Future Soldier’s multiplayer. I played it so much my disc cracked. I just think it’s kind of ironic to name that as an alternative to Halo 4, because there was just as much bellyaching on the Ghost Recon forums for the changes made to that game as well. Just an observation.

> I loved Future Soldier’s multiplayer. I played it so much my disc cracked. I just think it’s kind of ironic to name that as an alternative to Halo 4, because there was just as much bellyaching on the Ghost Recon forums for the changes made to that game as well. Just an observation.

I’ll go and check their forums out then lol .

Tried so hard to like that game but constant unplayable lag killed it. Now the only mode you’re likely to find a game in is conflict. Great potential destroyed by constant code rewrites until the multiplayer’s netcode became an unfixable mess. Great campaign mode though.

While I don’t agree with the complaints about H4 (mostly), I do agree that if you find H4 to be not your cup of tea, you should try some quality games you wouldn’t have played otherwise.
Why not broaden your horizon a bit, play some games that went under the radar for instance?

Ghost Recon: FW is a good example of that. But what about quality, commercially underrated games like Alan Wake, Rayman: Origins or Alan Wake’s American Nightmare for instance? Why not immerse yourself in the Walking Dead game series? Why not delve into some 2nd hand games you can find for cheap like The Orange Box, Turok, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Bioshock 1/2 or Maffia 2 or Sleeping Dogs? Or what about FarCry 3, Forza Horizon, or AC3?
Plenty of smaller XBLA games you can play as well. Plenty of older games I bet a lot of people didn’t play yet.

How about, instead of keep of complaining, you spend some money on some cheaper, older games and try and find something cool you wasn’t aware of at first?
You could have a good time AND play something great for just a few bucks and not bother ruining your mood by complaining about something.

> Tried so hard to like that game but constant unplayable lag killed it. Now the only mode you’re likely to find a game in is conflict. Great potential destroyed by constant code rewrites until the multiplayer’s netcode became an unfixable mess. Great campaign mode though.

True , aint many people playing this but heck aint many people playing Halo 4 for a game that sold 7 + million copies and is a AAA Xbox exclusive. I enjoy conflict though , a nice bit of variety. There is lag yes , but it’s in every game. When this game dont lag it plays well IMO.

> While I don’t agree with the complaints about H4 (mostly), I do agree that if you find H4 to be not your cup of tea, you should try some quality games you wouldn’t have played otherwise.
> Why not broaden your horizon a bit, play some games that went under the radar for instance?
>
> Ghost Recon: FW is a good example of that. But what about quality, commercially underrated games like Alan Wake, Rayman: Origins or Alan Wake’s American Nightmare for instance? Why not immerse yourself in the Walking Dead game series? Why not delve into some 2nd hand games you can find for cheap like The Orange Box, Turok, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Bioshock 1/2 or Maffia 2 or Sleeping Dogs? Or what about FarCry 3, Forza Horizon, or AC3?
> Plenty of smaller XBLA games you can play as well. Plenty of older games I bet a lot of people didn’t play yet.
>
> How about, instead of keep of complaining, you spend some money on some cheaper, older games and try and find something cool you wasn’t aware of at first?
> You could have a good time AND play something great for just a few bucks and not bother ruining your mood by complaining about something.

The complaints are all valid though to be honest. None of them are stupid or outrageous . It isn’t most complaining either to be honest its constructive feedback from a large group of people .You make a good point but we have already paid for this game and It has changed so much people ain’t gonna like it. Halo has become a shell of what it used to be for most people and the population shows how many people dont like this game and i aint just talking about peak.

> Isn’t that a 3rd person shooter? I’m sure its still fun though. I play a lot of Far Cry 3 when I’m not Forging in Halo 4. I wish Halo’s Forge and FC3’s map editor could mate and have a baby.

With the current development team I doubt that will ever happen.

ot: to the op Farcry 3 is a better alternative to Halo 4.

GRFS is too easy. It took about a week before I could get top of the leaderboards…