A Fresh start for 343

It took 343 a while to change any online features in Halo 4 which made game play dry because of like of game types. Hopefully they’ll learn from mistakes and bring back the fan base for Halo 5. I have faith, all the halo games have been amazing so far. Not saying Halo 4 wasn’t a good game because I thought it was great! Just saying hopefully 5 will have more game types right away and updates right away (It seems to be working for COD)… Hopefully 5 could be the next game changer and bring people back to halo. I know you all remember the classic Halo 2 that revolutionized online play for consoles, so I’m talking that level! What do you guys think?!

Sadly, I don’t foresee this happening. Personally, I’ve been pretty disappointed with the halo games after Halo 3. I can’t imagine 343i will scrap everything they planted in halo 4 that didn’t work. My expectations have been set rather low so if I am wrong I will be delightfully surprised but until then I will remain skeptical.

I wouldnt say that they just scrap the idea, but rather make more frequent updates. it was like a good 4 months before they added more gametypes and thats what made gameplay boring.

> Sadly, I don’t foresee this happening. Personally, I’ve been pretty disappointed with the halo games after Halo 3. <mark>I can’t imagine 343i will scrap everything they planted in halo 4 that didn’t work.</mark> My expectations have been set rather low so if I am wrong I will be delightfully surprised but until then I will remain skeptical.

If 343 continue to force Halo 4’s failed additions/changes they will pile drive this franchise into oblivion.

There was an article posted on this forum about a 343 multiplayer designer (I think) responding to player criticism, to which he conceded. If his word actually reflects any of 343’s attitude and commitment to improving the game then I think some hope remains.

I share your skepticism but it has been balanced out by the sheer fact that the only option Halo has is to get better.

> > Sadly, I don’t foresee this happening. Personally, I’ve been pretty disappointed with the halo games after Halo 3. <mark>I can’t imagine 343i will scrap everything they planted in halo 4 that didn’t work.</mark> My expectations have been set rather low so if I am wrong I will be delightfully surprised but until then I will remain skeptical.
>
> If 343 continue to force Halo 4’s failed additions/changes they will pile drive this franchise into oblivion.
>
> There was an article posted on this forum about a 343 multiplayer designer (I think) responding to player criticism, to which he conceded. If his word actually reflects any of 343’s attitude and commitment to improving the game then I think some hope remains.
>
> I share your skepticism but it has been balanced out by the sheer fact that the only option Halo has is to get better.

Do you have a link to this article? I would love to see it.

Halo doesn’t have to get better. We all would like it to, but the only thing that can make it better is 343i. Halo 4 was a game that was highly anticipated by many including myself and halo 4 was the first halo that I shelved within it’s first few months. Usually I pay each installment until the next comes out. At this point, the only thing that can settle my skepticism is proof which I won’t get for a while.

@Austin7934

“343 design director discusses Halo 4’s failings and the franchise’s future”

I was very surprised that we got even this much.

> @Austin7934
>
>
> “343 design director discusses Halo 4’s failings and the franchise’s future”
>
> I was very surprised that we got even this much.

“Going to make whatever future 60fps, dedi server Halo we may make as awesome as possible to as many fans as possible.”

Sounds good to me.

Wow.
Reading that makes me feel so much better about the future of Halo.

I hope Welsh keeps his position for many years to come, as he seems to now have the experience he needs to design a Halo game.

As any veteran Halo player knows, nothing makes you want to try harder than being put through a horrible failure.
Welch and 343i have experienced this failure.
Halo 5 will be the turning point.

Also, making a comeback will give Welch and 343i the confidence they need to truly shine through Halo 6.
Another thing veteran Halo players know well.

I will say, it is a nice change of pace to see someone acknowledge that Halo 4 didn’t live up to expectations. I hope things do take a turn for the better. Only time will tell.

That twitter convo made my day. Probably the next 11 months also, and beyond.

I hate to bust the bubble for Dedicated servers… gears of war 3 had them and it Didn’t WORK it was still host based so we will still have black screen because Dedicated servers will never work at all on Xbox or Playstation it will fail…