A Forge Hope.

After seeing the Halo: Infinite gameplay the other day, one thing I was in awe of was how big the demo map was. Say what you will about the Halo games, but no one can deny that Forge has improved greatly with each title. If we got a Forge canvas map as big as what we saw in the demo, I could see myself spending a lot of time on it.

Oh boy imagine forge on an open world…

A forge mode on a forge world it could a very good thing

I’m so confident Forge World 2.0 is in the oven. Look at the terrain they’ve made so far for the ring, there’s no way they’ll hold back on the map they make.

I believe the forge mode on halo could be a forge world 2.0 and it should have all vehicles from every halo game made and weapons .

I expect Forge mode will be great when add it a year after launch, and after a year of drip feeding things to add to it or game modes to play.

> 2533274819683252;6:
> I expect Forge mode will be great when add it a year after launch, and after a year of drip feeding things to add to it or game modes to play.

Forge literally has its own unique development team, I would be very surprised to see it release post launch.

> 2533274882881665;7:
> > 2533274819683252;6:
> > I expect Forge mode will be great when add it a year after launch, and after a year of drip feeding things to add to it or game modes to play.
>
> Forge literally has its own unique development team, I would be very surprised to see it release post launch.

Admittingly I was being being very cynically and condescending, but much of that is based on the current look of the game and their history with their previous game.

Hopefully we get some huge canvases, especially if we can still choose the canvas (space, etc). I personally would like to build some massive spaceships.

> 2533274809226598;1:
> After seeing the Halo: Infinite gameplay the other day, one thing I was in awe of was how big the demo map was. Say what you will about the Halo games, but no one can deny that Forge has improved greatly with each title. If we got a Forge canvas map as big as what we saw in the demo, I could see myself spending a lot of time on it.

I really hope for a very big forge. I’ve always dreamed of driving every vehicle in Halo (Phantom, Pelican, Scarab etc.), having the ability to create real battles, both aerial and ground.

> 2533274851103144;9:
> Hopefully we get some huge canvases, especially if we can still choose the canvas (space, etc). I personally would like to build some massive spaceships.

I’m with you on that one, it would be really cool if they had a lot of different Skyboxes to choose from for space :milky_way:, or skyboxes or terrain levels just so we can change the atmosphere more.

Maybe forge world v2, or even a blank slate where we have tools comparable to developers to create maps.

> 2533274866906624;12:
> Maybe forge world v2, or even a blank slate where we have tools comparable to developers to create maps.

That would be truly amazing. Being able to alter the terrain without the use of objects would be a huge leap in Forge.

> 2533274819683252;8:
> > 2533274882881665;7:
> > > 2533274819683252;6:
> > > I expect Forge mode will be great when add it a year after launch, and after a year of drip feeding things to add to it or game modes to play.
> >
> > Forge literally has its own unique development team, I would be very surprised to see it release post launch.
>
> Admittingly I was being being very cynically and condescending, but much of that is based on the current look of the game and their history with their previous game.

Forge is also listed as its own section on the steam page along with campaign and multiplayer.

I just hope the controls/UI is a little more user friendly this time around.

> 2533274800521306;15:
> I just hope the controls/UI is a little more user friendly this time around.

Only if it doesn’t mean cutting out tools/features. If a simplified UI means a watered-down Forge (especially if it means a Forge with fewer options than H5), then I’m personally cool with a UI that’s similar to H5.

> 2533274851103144;16:
> > 2533274800521306;15:
> > I just hope the controls/UI is a little more user friendly this time around.
>
> Only if it doesn’t mean cutting out tools/features. If a simplified UI means a watered-down Forge (especially if it means a Forge with fewer options than H5), then I’m personally cool with a UI that’s similar to H5.

I agree with you, mate. Halo 5: Guardians’ Forge UI is tricky to navigate at first for beginners but once you have spent enough time in it, it is incredibly easy.

> 2533274809226598;17:
> > 2533274851103144;16:
> > > 2533274800521306;15:
> > > I just hope the controls/UI is a little more user friendly this time around.
> >
> > Only if it doesn’t mean cutting out tools/features. If a simplified UI means a watered-down Forge (especially if it means a Forge with fewer options than H5), then I’m personally cool with a UI that’s similar to H5.
>
> I agree with you, mate. Halo 5: Guardians’ Forge UI is tricky to navigate at first for beginners but once you have spent enough time in it, it is incredibly easy.

I agree with that. I tried going back to Reach Forge, and hated the UI.

I think I heard somewhere that Halo 5’s Forge lead is now the lead of the entire multiplayer suite for Infinite. So, yes, I have very high hopes for the mode and the multiplayer as a whole. Halo 5 Forge was unmatched.

> 2533274851103144;18:
> > 2533274809226598;17:
> > > 2533274851103144;16:
> > > > 2533274800521306;15:
> > > > I just hope the controls/UI is a little more user friendly this time around.
> > >
> > > Only if it doesn’t mean cutting out tools/features. If a simplified UI means a watered-down Forge (especially if it means a Forge with fewer options than H5), then I’m personally cool with a UI that’s similar to H5.
> >
> > I agree with you, mate. Halo 5: Guardians’ Forge UI is tricky to navigate at first for beginners but once you have spent enough time in it, it is incredibly easy.
>
> I agree with that. I tried going back to Reach Forge, and hated the UI.

Same here. After we got the new Forge objects I was so excited but over the years I had forgotten how horrible, unresponsive, and clunky Halo: Reach’s Forge is. Trying to get an object to turn 90⁰ is a nightmare.