A Forge 3.0 Idea: Original Creator

Look, it’s NO secret that people make really good maps. But it’s also no secret that there are thieves in the community! This is a quick and simple idea that definitely needs to be implemented.

“Original Creator: Insert Name”
“New Creator: Insert Name”

See? Not so hard. This system would show who originially made a map and who overidded it. Simple.

I agree. Until it happened to a map I made, I never cared. My original Space Station map has over 86000 downloads, but a guy who stole it from me six days after I posted it, has over 95000 downloads! All he did was re-name it from Space Station to Death Star. What’s worse, is that I’ve found 7 people who have also stolen it or said they made it (fileshares or youtube vids), and most of them credit the other guy for the map! lol, it makes me mad. Twice Bungie halted this file for review (probably from the many “report” hits his map got), but they keep it going. And the guy even sent me messages mocking me about it!
In short, I fully agree with this idea. In the HUGE scheme of things, does it matter? No. But it would calm me down! lol

> I agree. Until it happened to a map I made, I never cared. My original Space Station map has over 86000 downloads, but a guy who stole it from me six days after I posted it, has over 95000 downloads! All he did was re-name it from Space Station to Death Star. What’s worse, is that I’ve found 7 people who have also stolen it or said they made it (fileshares or youtube vids), and most of them credit the other guy for the map! lol, it makes me mad. Twice Bungie halted this file for review (probably from the many “report” hits his map got), but they keep it going. And the guy even sent me messages mocking me about it!
> In short, I fully agree with this idea. In the HUGE scheme of things, does it matter? No. But it would calm me down! lol

I am sorry to hear that.

You have a lot of great ideas. Seems like you’ve thought a lot about this stuff…

> You have a lot of great ideas. Seems like you’ve thought a lot about this stuff…

I try. I wish for my ideas to be heard, to make forge a better thing.

This is a must have!
people who download maps should not be allowed to edit them in any way without permission from the original creator, and yet not to have their own name on it!

I support this idea.

There is no reason for 343 not to implement this idea.