A Forge 3.0 Idea: Ammo

Don’t worry guys, I’ll make this short, swift, easy, and to the point.

Remember those days in Halo 1 where you were out of that sniper rifle ammo and desperately needed more? You searched the fallen life boats and VOILA, ammo! Remember those days in Forge where you made a rocket launcher on both team’s bases and put a rocket launcher in the middle, but really you didn’t want anybody to pick it up but rather, use it as ammo? LOOK NO FURTHER!

INTRODUCING: Ammo! Yes, they were there in previous Halos, but they were never implemented into Forge. It’s too late for Forge 2.0, but that doesn’t mean it’s too late for Forge 3.0! And it’d be real simple! We would have an “Ammo” category followed by Weapons’s respective ammo types. Place 'em down, “press x” to show and change how much ammo really is there, and voila, you’ve got a weaponless pile of ammo.

Short post, but agree with me, it’s all that was needed. Be sure to keep alive the thread! Thanks!

Reserved just in case

If only…

Before halo 3 came out, I was excited for forge and I was hoping for ammo. I was disapointed.

Great idea!

> Before halo 3 came out, I was excited for forge and I was hoping for ammo. I was disapointed.

Same!

This is a great idea. We should have it.

Awesome Idea.

Oh look a cool bump.

I like this idea, it’s simple, doable so why not. It kind of opens a few more possibilities. For example you can make no weapon pick up but, still get ammo for it so your not doomed. A few other good things but, I support the idea.

They already have this. If you press “X” while holding a weapon you can go down to spare clips to chose how much ammo is in it

I like this so far, how about that you could attach in weapon drop pods the plausible ammo too?
& i would like to see different looking ammo for different weapons, like rocket launcher having rocket shaped ammo, pistol having pistol clips, rounds and Covenant weapons like fuel rod having those green (radioactive) rod batteries, etc.
And for plasma weapons would be filled in Covenant plasma batteries, etc.

And when your character (Spartan or Elite) reaches the ammo, there would be short sort of picking up & reloading animation.

(note: Any idea what kind of ammo/battery would Spartan Laser use?)

> They already have this. If you press “X” while holding a weapon you can go down to spare clips to chose how much ammo is in it

I think you need to read the post again.

> note: Any idea what kind of ammo/battery would Spartan Laser use?

A 230V wall socket. :slight_smile:

a very good idea sir.

> Don’t worry guys, I’ll make this short, swift, easy, and to the point.
>
> Remember those days in Halo 1 where you were out of that sniper rifle ammo and desperately needed more? You searched the fallen life boats and VOILA, ammo! Remember those days in Forge where you made a rocket launcher on both team’s bases and put a rocket launcher in the middle, but really you didn’t want anybody to pick it up but rather, use it as ammo? LOOK NO FURTHER!
>
> INTRODUCING: Ammo! Yes, they were there in previous Halos, but they were never implemented into Forge. It’s too late for Forge 2.0, but that doesn’t mean it’s too late for Forge 3.0! And it’d be real simple! We would have an “Ammo” category followed by Weapons’s respective ammo types. Place 'em down, “press x” to show and change how much ammo really is there, and voila, you’ve got a weaponless pile of ammo.
>
> Short post, but agree with me, it’s all that was needed. Be sure to keep alive the thread! Thanks!

how about those crates resupply your ammo

Ammo would be nice. I could scatter worthless SMG ammo again :smiley: