A fix to mass banshee

This post is not meant to nerf banshees to the ground or leave them unusable. I think the banshees are perfectly balanced as a unit. This post is mainly oriented for team games, because in 1v1 it is not a big issue.

My problem is the mass banshees. When a player acquire a critical mass of them, the counter units become innefective (wolvs and reaver). They simply instantly melt under banshees torpedoes.

They can melt bases in seconds and are way more mobile than AA units. Leaving the base defense impossible.

I know it can be easily stopped by applying a lot of pressure early on the banshee builder, but this is not the point of this post. This post is about critical mass of banshees.

here are imo the two main problems with banshees:

• their build speed is too fast. You can attain that critical mass way too early in the game and replace the loss units almost instantly

• their pop count is only 3! (As a reference, reaver pop count is 5!) That means you can have a mass of theoretically 40 of them. No wonder why those bases gets destroyed so quickly. You also cannot have a good number of AA with your army since their pop count is a lot higher.

so my suggestion is a longer build time (maybe 50% more) and à pop count of 4. I feel that those changes should not have a big effect on other aspect of the game and should not be gamebreaking

I agree

I don’t know. The 4 pop nerf doesn’t sound too bad but it would punish both the people that spam and the people who don’t.

I need to start playing 3v3 more to see for myself what’s this banshee plague everyone is talking about.

Just make the reaver y ability useful by allowing them to jump much farther (at least the average distance between bases).

Also bring back the volley for wolverines so they can actually retaliate if unable to defend.

> 2533274900352955;1:
> This post is not meant to nerf banshees to the ground or leave them unusable. I think the banshees are perfectly balanced as a unit. This post is mainly oriented for team games, because in 1v1 it is not a big issue.
>
> My problem is the mass banshees. When a player acquire a critical mass of them, the counter units become innefective (wolvs and reaver). They simply instantly melt under banshees torpedoes.
>
> They can melt bases in seconds and are way more mobile than AA units. Leaving the base defense impossible.
>
> I know it can be easily stopped by applying a lot of pressure early on the banshee builder, but this is not the point of this post. This post is about critical mass of banshees.
>
> here are imo the two main problems with banshees:
> - their build speed is too fast. You can attain that critical mass way too early in the game and replace the loss units almost instantly
>
> - their pop count is only 3! (As a reference, reaver pop count is 5!) That means you can have a mass of theoretically 40 of them. No wonder why those bases gets destroyed so quickly. You also cannot have a good number of AA with your army since their pop count is a lot higher.
>
> so my suggestion is a longer build time (maybe 50% more) and à pop count of 4. I feel that those changes should not have a big effect on other aspect of the game and should not be gamebreaking

Banshees are bad and you want to make them worse? You can’t even do mass air in high level 1s. Send me a game invite and u try banshees

> 2535422421305993;5:
> > 2533274900352955;1:
> > This post is not meant to nerf banshees to the ground or leave them unusable. I think the banshees are perfectly balanced as a unit. This post is mainly oriented for team games, because in 1v1 it is not a big issue.
> >
> > My problem is the mass banshees. When a player acquire a critical mass of them, the counter units become innefective (wolvs and reaver). They simply instantly melt under banshees torpedoes.
> >
> > They can melt bases in seconds and are way more mobile than AA units. Leaving the base defense impossible.
> >
> > I know it can be easily stopped by applying a lot of pressure early on the banshee builder, but this is not the point of this post. This post is about critical mass of banshees.
> >
> > here are imo the two main problems with banshees:
> > - their build speed is too fast. You can attain that critical mass way too early in the game and replace the loss units almost instantly
> >
> > - their pop count is only 3! (As a reference, reaver pop count is 5!) That means you can have a mass of theoretically 40 of them. No wonder why those bases gets destroyed so quickly. You also cannot have a good number of AA with your army since their pop count is a lot higher.
> >
> > so my suggestion is a longer build time (maybe 50% more) and à pop count of 4. I feel that those changes should not have a big effect on other aspect of the game and should not be gamebreaking
>
> Banshees are bad and you want to make them worse? You can’t even do mass air in high level 1s. Send me a game invite and u try banshees

His post specifically states team games…

Theyre not a problem in team games. Actually detrimental to build them in 2s and kinda just alright in 3s.

> 2533274792014876;6:
> > 2535422421305993;5:
> > > 2533274900352955;1:
> > > This post is not meant to nerf banshees to the ground or leave them unusable. I think the banshees are perfectly balanced as a unit. This post is mainly oriented for team games, because in 1v1 it is not a big issue.
> > >
> > > My problem is the mass banshees. When a player acquire a critical mass of them, the counter units become innefective (wolvs and reaver). They simply instantly melt under banshees torpedoes.
> > >
> > > They can melt bases in seconds and are way more mobile than AA units. Leaving the base defense impossible.
> > >
> > > I know it can be easily stopped by applying a lot of pressure early on the banshee builder, but this is not the point of this post. This post is about critical mass of banshees.
> > >
> > > here are imo the two main problems with banshees:
> > > - their build speed is too fast. You can attain that critical mass way too early in the game and replace the loss units almost instantly
> > >
> > > - their pop count is only 3! (As a reference, reaver pop count is 5!) That means you can have a mass of theoretically 40 of them. No wonder why those bases gets destroyed so quickly. You also cannot have a good number of AA with your army since their pop count is a lot higher.
> > >
> > > so my suggestion is a longer build time (maybe 50% more) and à pop count of 4. I feel that those changes should not have a big effect on other aspect of the game and should not be gamebreaking
> >
> > Banshees are bad and you want to make them worse? You can’t even do mass air in high level 1s. Send me a game invite and u try banshees
>
> His post specifically states team games…

My bad… banshees are terrible in 1s 2s and 3s deathmatch. Better?