A few words directly meant for 343

Dear, 343 Industries

I am aware that you may not see or care for this but today I was playing Halo 4 Matchmaking. When it first came out I didn’t entirely a fan of Halo 4, it grew on me. I played Halo 4 and loved the campaign and the matchmaking gametypes are incredible.

BUT:
You extended the time of the quitting penalty to 60 minutes (That’s a full hour)
I don’t like this. I almost understand that you “Punish your fans” for having the freedom to quit games but could you make it the length it was in Halo: Reach?

I was busy today and instead of having my Spartan stand at spawn and get killed while I wasn’t controlling it so the Enemy team wouldn’t get easy kills I simply clicked start went down to “Leave” where you obviously put it when designing the game and clicked it. it then asked if I really wanted to quit, I did so I clicked “yes” and it brought me to the menu. I thought I was being the smart one and decided to quit instead of being the AFK player I often don’t like.

343i I give you the benefit of the doubt because this is your first game if I’m not mistaken, but please listen more to the fans.

Thank you.

-C0nner 114 a loyal Halo player.

First of all, you only get a temporary matchmaking ban for quitting several games in a short amount of time. So you didn’t quit just once; you quit multiple times. Stop quitting and you won’t get banned.

Second, why did you start a game if you were going to be “busy”? Whatever it was you were doing, you should’ve taken care of it before you started a matchmaking game. If it was sudden and couldn’t have waited (for example, someone chokes on food), then by all means quit, but you won’t get a quit ban if you don’t quit multiple other games.

In short, if you get a quit ban, it’s all on you.

Quitting is better than AFKing, but only just. 343 did the right thing, habitual quitters need consequences.

Yes, habitual quitters do need penalized for leaving their team short a player quite often.

I do agree that a hour is quite extensive compared to Halo: Reach but at the same time it is also true that you shouldn’t have started the match knowing that you will end up busy but… at that same time things do come up out of the blue at total randomness.

> Yes, habitual quitters do need penalized for leaving their team short a player quite often.
>
> I do agree that a hour is quite extensive compared to Halo: Reach but at the same time it is also true that you shouldn’t have started the match knowing that you will end up busy but… at that same time things do come up out of the blue at total randomness.

In my experience random interruptions don’t come up often enough to prompt a ban.

I hate to say it but if it’s your time management, it’s your own responsibility. Quitting several games is more than enough chances before someone is temporarily banned from Halo 4 Matchmaking. I don’t wan’t to go too far with this so I’ll leave it with that.

I generally agree that there should be a penalty for habitual quitters but I wish there was a way the game could pick up on why you left. I only thought of this when I got a ban since I kept leaving because half my team kept leaving and I didn’t feel the need to have my -Yoink- handed to me. A string of bad luck in matchmaking for me basically but it made me think on very rare occasions people may have a case for it, luckily I work from home so I just got some work done =P

In all honesty never even knew Halo 4 had a quit ban. Never gotten even a notice about one before.

> 2533274805712917;2:
> First of all, you only get a temporary matchmaking ban for quitting several games in a short amount of time. So you didn’t quit just once; you quit multiple times. Stop quitting and you won’t get banned.
>
> Second, why did you start a game if you were going to be “busy”? Whatever it was you were doing, you should’ve taken care of it before you started a matchmaking game. If it was sudden and couldn’t have waited (for example, someone chokes on food), then by all means quit, but you won’t get a quit ban if you don’t quit multiple other games.
>
> In short, if you get a quit ban, it’s all on you.

hes has a point but when if you are in the middle of the game and you have to leave for some reason and you just quit then you get banned because this happened to me in reac when i havent quit like an 3 days and i quit once and i get banned to thats your downfall there

I liked his comment for the part about 343 needs to listen to fans more, but I totally agree that quitting multiple games should get you banned. Maybe not an hour, but a short ban for sure.

A suggestion to 343 would be this:

“Hey 343! Since u got so many fans can’t u listen to our opinions and views and act accordingly? Why are u so inactive and continue to do what u wish, often not sparing a thought for ur fans’ opinions?”

Although u knew ur fans wanted Arby and added him into Halo 5, please do make sure u use Arby to fit in with the story.

> 2533274941937791;11:
> A suggestion to 343 would be this:
>
> “Hey 343! Since u got so many fans can’t u listen to our opinions and views and act accordingly? Why are u so inactive and continue to do what u wish, often not sparing a thought for ur fans’ opinions?”
>
> Although u knew ur fans wanted Arby and added him into Halo 5, please do make sure u use Arby to fit in with the story.

What?

I never knew about a ban time limit. just dont quit matches and you wont have that problem.