A few ways to alter PV.

Just came up with a couple Ideas that could be used to nerf/ alter PV so it isn’t as Over powered as the E3 version.

1: When in use, it short-circuits/scrambles your Radar

2: instead of allowing you to see the enemies movements when using it, it takes a quick snapshot of where they are at that second of time when PV hits them, like actual sonar.

3: make it’s use faster so instead of it taking 6-8 seconds for it to scope out half the map, it only takes 3 seconds to do so, which also increases the drain rate of it’s energy bar. Which would make the player use is wisely, instead of just blanketing everything per charge.

4: make enemies, allies, grenades, and vehicles appear white instead of Red, or green so it actually makes everything confusing, which was the goal in the first place.

5: Have it distort the ambient, and combat sounds around you when using it.

6: when in use, have it so it removes the waypoints over allies’ heads so it adds to the confusion.

7: have two different types of PV. One the way it is now, and is only used in Campaign, and one that’s been balanced out/ altered for MM.

Thoughts?

it could work

I like one and two, the rest are just too much. How about making it so that grenades aren’t red anymore? Also, I’m pretty sure Hologram tricks promethean vision.

all terrible ideas.

> Just came up with a couple Ideas that could be used to nerf/ alter PV so it isn’t as Over powered as the E3 version.
>
> 1: When in use, it short-circuits/scrambles your Radar
>
> 2: instead of allowing you to see the enemies movements when using it, it takes a quick snapshot of where they are at that second of time when PV hits them, like actual sonar.
>
> 3: make it’s use faster so instead of it taking 6-8 seconds for it to scope out half the map, it only takes 3 seconds to do so, which also increases the drain rate of it’s energy bar. Which would make the player use is wisely, instead of just blanketing everything per charge.
>
> 4: make enemies, allies, grenades, and vehicles appear white instead of Red, or green so it actually makes everything confusing, which was the goal in the first place.
>
> 5: Have it distort the ambient, and combat sounds around you when using it.
>
> 6: when in use, have it so it removes the waypoints over allies’ heads so it adds to the confusion.
>
> 7: have two different types of PV. One the way it is now, and is only used in Campaign, and one that’s been balanced out/ altered for MM.
>
>
> Thoughts?

I would like every idea but #3, as I think the third idea is unnecessary if the other nerfs you suggested are made, and the ability at least has to seem useful to inexperienced players.

> Just came up with a couple Ideas that could be used to nerf/ alter PV so it isn’t as Over powered as the E3 version.
>
> 1: When in use, it short-circuits/scrambles your Radar
>
> 2: instead of allowing you to see the enemies movements when using it, it takes a quick snapshot of where they are at that second of time when PV hits them, like actual sonar.
>
> 3: make it’s use faster so instead of it taking 6-8 seconds for it to scope out half the map, it only takes 3 seconds to do so, which also increases the drain rate of it’s energy bar. Which would make the player use is wisely, instead of just blanketing everything per charge.
>
> 4: make enemies, allies, grenades, and vehicles appear white instead of Red, or green so it actually makes everything confusing, which was the goal in the first place.
>
> 5: Have it distort the ambient, and combat sounds around you when using it.
>
> 6: when in use, have it so it removes the waypoints over allies’ heads so it adds to the confusion.
>
> 7: have two different types of PV. One the way it is now, and is only used in Campaign, and one that’s been balanced out/ altered for MM.
>
>
> Thoughts?

I would like every idea but #3, as I think the third idea is unnecessary if the other nerfs you suggested are made, and the ability at least has to seem useful to inexperienced players.

why would MC get AAs?

From what I’ve seen in the gameplay footage, PV definitely needs to be reduced. The methods in the OP could work.

Is ProVis usable in every playlist? Just wondering. Because if it is, it should be taken out for snipers. Especially when it’s on not-so-Blood-Gulch-y maps where finding a hiding spot is more important.

> Is ProVis usable in every playlist? Just wondering. Because if it is, it should be taken out for snipers. Especially when it’s on not-so-Blood-Gulch-y maps where finding a hiding spot is more important.

Snipers is awesome but I don’t think Pvis would really matter because there isn’t really ever a time where finding a hiding place

• is all that necessary like on reflection you just run around and no scope everyone :slight_smile:

> > Is ProVis usable in every playlist? Just wondering. Because if it is, it should be taken out for snipers. Especially when it’s on not-so-Blood-Gulch-y maps where finding a hiding spot is more important.
>
> Snipers is awesome but I don’t think Pvis would really matter because there isn’t really ever a time where finding a hiding place
> + is all that necessary like on reflection you just run around and no scope everyone :slight_smile:

Well I meant if you have snipers on a map like… hmm… High Ground. Half of it is nice and open, but has hiding spots that would be vulnerable to exposure as well as on the “Base”-side. I feel like part of the fun of snipers is finding someone hid away somewhere, and ProVis’d take that away. I have no problem finding a sniper hidden in Team Slayer, but when everyone’s a sniper I feel like you should be expecting to have to look for people anyway.