A few REQ points for custom games

Hello people,
After perusing through the forums for a couple of days, and sifting through all the fanboys, rageboys, and mehboys posts. I have noticed two common things. 1. Everyone seems to have forgotten that you DO NOT have to spend real money to buy REQ packs, you can just grind the points out. 2. Alot of people seem to be mad at the randomness of the REQ packs, and lack if things that earn you REQ points.

After noticing this I came up with an idea.

Yes I will acknowledge that 343i kinda messed up in how they applied the whole REQ system. It does remind alot of the system that was used in Halo: Reach, but in that system (unlike this one) almost everything you did earned you points (even if it was a small amount) you still got a “reward” for just playing the game. This is where I think the the REQ system in Halo5 has screwed up. 343i has made it that you can only get REQ points in arena and Warzone.

In Halo: Reach you earned points for playing the campaign, custom games, and even a small amount for when you made things in forge.

I think that 343i should implement that same thing for the REQ points in Halo5. I think it would at least ease some of the tension and some of the matchmaking only grinding that has to be done for REQS

Other suggestions, ideas, and reply are welcome.

I agree, im so addicted to the req points i feel like it’s a waste of time playing a custom game.

They would have to make it so it’s not a lot and a certain time has to be played or else people will just start farming by starting and ending custom games almost immediately. Or, make it so it’s not even worth playing custom games for REQ points if you only play for a short time.

> 2727626560040591;3:
> They would have to make it so it’s not a lot and a certain time has to be played or else people will just start farming by starting and ending custom games almost immediately. Or, make it so it’s not even worth playing custom games for REQ points if you only play for a short time.

Well I know that they put a cap per game in Halo: Reach and it was a pretty low cap for custom games and forge. So why not just do that?

> 2535405481100234;2:
> I agree, im so addicted to the req points i feel like it’s a waste of time playing a custom game.

What if REQs at a cap limit for custom games and it was pretty low? Would you play more customs then?

I feel the same way,it makes you almost not want to play custom or campaign as it feels like a waste of time that could be used earning points lol.

I think reach had it right what with the challenges and everything. Atm the req system feels like there’s to much risk for very little reward.

Well, you can play custom games as much as you want. But you won’t get REQ points.
You can play and have fun with friends instead of working your butt off in Arena or Warzone… So yeah, it’d be unfair if you’d get REQ points in custom games…

I am beginning to think that the point is being missed. I am not saying you earn REQS the same as you would in the Arena or Warzone.

Here is an example. For a custom game the max amount of REQ you can earn is 100 REQ points and in order to get that max you have to play at the very least a 15 min game. Kills,deaths,medals,and boost do not (and cannot) influence your REQ points.

And for forge the max you earn is 50 REQS and again you have to spend at least 15 min in forge

And for campaign you could say you could earn 5 REQS for each mission completed on easy (every 24 hour period) 10 on normal, 25 on heroic and 50 on legendary. Also once you complete a set mission on a certain difficulty you CANNOT go back and do it on a higher (or lower difficulty) you have to wait at least 24 hours.

I liked how it was with Reach - that you still gotten points for doing campaign.
If they did it like you said - for campaign AND custom games. HELL YES.