A few questions about Halo 4 (spoilerzzz)

So in the final battle, the Didact uses his gravity emitter to levitate and squeeze the Chief. I noticed that after the cutscene the shields wont recharge. Does this mean that the shielding systems in the armor were damaged/destroyed?

My other question is, how did the Didact manage to retain his normal form after 100.000 years spent in his Cryptum? I mean it didnt take him days to recover like in
Halo: Cryptum…

I don’t think the MC’s shields were damaged, I think they were so much under stress by the Didact’s force grip that they just took a lot longer to recharge. Similar to how Kat’s shield were taking a long time to recharge after the nuke goes of in the city in Halo Reach. The Cryptums I think allows for the user to go into a state of re-animation that allows them to be suspended in form for thousands of years; similar to the cryo-chambers used by humans but much more technologically advanced duet o their construction by Forerunners.

I think the reason why the didact wasn’t all shriveled up was because he was still wearing his armor when he got placed in the cryptum. In the book he wasn’t wearing his armor which would explain why he was shriveled up in that.

> I think the reason why the didact wasn’t all shriveled up was because he was still wearing his armor when he got placed in the cryptum. In the book he wasn’t wearing his armor which would explain why he was shriveled up in that.

That and or they slowed down time for him.