A familiar progression system people will enjoy

Greetings Spartans,

I wanted to put some ideas out that I believe many of you will agree with and would love to see on halo infinite. I want to propose to 343i to add an additional experience progression system besides the battle pass. I’m talking about the same system we saw in Halo Reach where we would rank our profile from recruit → inheritor! I believe this would provide a rewarding experience for those who complete the battle pass and would like to continue their gameplay in social games knowing their time spent is going into a progression system. I hope someone from 343i sees this post because I truly believe this will help enhance the halo community and longevity of the game. What do you guys think?

4 Likes

They could easily add something like this(and it should have been added from the get-go), but they need players to focus on their Battle Pass progression, not free stuff.

If Free Players are given a free progression system then that means they don’t necessarily have to worry about the BattlePass anymore and then 343/Microsoft might miss out on a possible consumer wasting money on cosmetics.

2 Likes

First off thank you for this interesting feedback! I agree this is one way of looking at it from a business perspective, but what I would like to say is that this free progression system will still not reward people with customization options. Ultimately, gamers will still have to spend money in order to buy the battle pass and items at the shop. I think this option won’t necessarily affect the battle pass because the exclusive items from the battle pass will still persuade people to want the opportunity to acquire these items to show off. The progression system I am proposing will help keep players engaged and avoid players leaving the game after finishing the battle pass, which most will only return for either playing ranked or when a new season begins. Some might not even return at all when they feel this battle pass is the only thing they offer for a progression system, which resets every season… Players want a progression system that represents their commitment to this game since the initial release right?

2 Likes

Trust me dude, I want that too. The ONLY reason I kept playing Halo 5 was to try and reach 152… they would give out Platinum Packs that gave Legendary XP boosts and I would collect as many as I could and try to level up. Unfortunately, they made the grind wayyyy too long, and I could only make it up to 149 about a year or so ago and I still have 2 million XP before I become 150… so I gave up on that grind factory.

If Infinite had more of a ranking system similar to passed Halo games(maybe not as grindy as Halo 5), then I would have probably played Multiplayer recently, because I haven’t touched the MP since the Campaign launched and have no urge to want to play MP right now.

1 Like

I would absolutely love this as well. Even if we just get the old ranks instead of the generic silver gold plat etc. (for example: instead of plat 5, mythic). Such a small change would add so much to the game, hoping 343 either understands this or sees this.

1 Like

Vanguard and Modern warfare had something similar where you go from 1-55 any further levels are towards weapon xp and emblems I believe. And with every season pass it starts you from 55 again and you get different emblems. Would be cool in this game. So a reach themed pass could have you reach inheritor and have something show on your stats that you made it to that level (when they add records of course)

1 Like

Given the time I have spent since my last reply to this post, I can easily say this game is indeed already losing players, which some will not be returning despite what 343i plans to bring along in the near future. Unfortunately, this is the phenomenon that occurs with most gaming industries when they take too long to add these simple additions, then just modify them along the way. I also dealt with some cheaters on ranked, and the aimbotter had 2981 onyx rp! I reported him via Xbox live because there is no reporting system on halo (is there?)

This is a solid idea! I believe anything that adds a spice of creativity and makes players feel they can continue to show their progress besides a ranked mode would be awesome. Adding an experience point system as Halo Reach did would be a great start. Halo 3 did something similar however they were mainly based on numbers rather than medals or emblems.

1 Like

The only motivation I have playing MP right now is ranked, but sometimes I still face cheaters and there is no easy reporting system either, so 343i really needs to get a grip, so to speak, and address this issue immediately.

1 Like

I think that the Battle Pass should take notes from Gears 5

1 Like

That’s another cool idea I think would easily benefit halo infinite. I believe the main idea here is that 343i needs to think about focusing less on microtransactions and more on other things that can be done sooner before the end of season 1. They did announce most of their content will arrive after season 1, but there is simply not enough time for them if they want to keep a large and sustainable community. Right now they need to add something like a reporting system for cheaters, a social progression system, and bug fixes. Of course one can say that they are easily making cash on microtransactions, so why should they care? Well this cash they are making is only short-term and when this game dies, the microtransaction store will too. Unless they sponsor a big streamer to play their game on season 2 I doubt a lot of players will come back by then if nothing is done sooner.

just copy either reach or the MCC their should be progressing separate from the battel pass or even like what halo 3 did honestly anything is better then this

2 Likes

I wouldn’t throw in the towel just yet. I’m about 40 million XP from 152 and getting to the end of the honeymoon period with Halo Infinite. Gonna get back into a grind this month so that I can hopefully have SR152 by the time Forge releases in August

3 Likes

40 million XP… that’s a lot of games.

1 Like

Approximately 2,000 Warzone Firefight matches, but I’m not in the biggest rush. Especially since the retail Watchdog armor coating looks nothing like what was advertised and through generous return policies I’m currently using the closest thing possible to my Halo 2 color setup while not giving 343 a dime.

https://imgur.com/a/a7KCEgP

2 Likes

im 106 with 10 blue boosts left at this point i play halo 5 because im having fun and halo infinite is slow

1 Like

Definitely a far cry from 152 but you’ll at least be able to get a gold pack every game at about SR 137. I’m just hoping the servers don’t die before I get the last thing Halo 5 has to offer

1 Like