A different way to stop people Quitting

So last night I started playing slayer. I decided that at the beginning of the match I would ask the question- “Ok, so who is going to be the A hole that quits this match?” And Something happened. Nobody quit. I thought, hymm, ok maybe this is coincidence. So next match same thing. Here was the real test, it was the map Overgrowth. I thought ok now we will see what happens. Beginning of the match I made the same announcement. NOBODY QUIT. I think that is the first time ever playing that map when nobody quit. I then played Coliseum. Made the same announcement. Nobody quit. Then Plaza came up. Again another real test. I made the same announcement. Nobody quit. Now I will also say when I have made these announcements. Nobody is talking saying anything. Sometimes I could tell people had mics other times not really. I feel like by me making that announcement nd pointing out what they will be if they quit, it makes them stay in the game because they don’t want to be that A Hole. I would strongly recommend making that announcement and see how it works.

wow. I wouldnt quit if someone said that. ur right.

Your “evidence” is known as anecdotal. I can go 10 games in a row without quitters, then have 3 in a row with quitters. There’s no set pattern.

And tbh I’m not sure it’s a great idea to start every game by insulting your team mates.

I highly doubt that people who would ditch their teammates would stay in the game, just because one person said something about it :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274792641480;3:
> Your “evidence” is known as anecdotal. I can go 10 games in a row without quitters, then have 3 in a row with quitters. There’s no set pattern.
>
> And tbh I’m not sure it’s a great idea to start every game by insulting your team mates.

yes, of course I know that, I’m just saying it doesn’t hurt to try. I’m going to continue to do so. And its not an insult to them if they don’t quit.

If you feel like it works, do it. I think this is ridiculous.

> 2533274818521550;6:
> If you feel like it works, do it. I think this is ridiculous.

I consider it a social experiment. I’m sure some people have the mind set to quit regardless of what is said or done. I’ll give another update in a week or so.

I highly doubt it has any measurable effect. It’s more likely that it’s just coincidence.

I can believe that it works. Kind of reminds me of Back to the Future.

Every time he was trying to leave and was called a chicken, he stopped and actually fought back.

Now I’m not saying a movie is good proof for the tactic working, but it is true that people get intimidated easily by simple comments that reflect on themselves and their behavioral output.

This…post…is…so…dumb.

> 2533274852660538;9:
> I can believe that it works. Kind of reminds me of Back to the Future.
>
> Every time he was trying to leave and was called a chicken, he stopped and actually fought back.
>
> Now I’m not saying a movie is good proof for the tactic working, but it is true that people get intimidated easily by simple comments that reflect on themselves and their behavioral output.

It was real cool in one match , one guy spoke up and said “Don’t worry dude, I got your back”. We played well, but still lost by I think 3 points.