A different take on Halo 4

Hey community! Pretty great day for anyone that got their codes (not so much if you haven’t or live in the UK…) I’m posting to bring a fresh take on Halo 4. I’m not here to critique it, just here to share.

For those of you who prefer the way Halo used to be player, and by that I mean Weapons on Map, Arena Maps, and Teamwork intense matches, I encourage you to check out this video:

Now I’m not an MLG fanboy by any means but I do respect the players and their views on the game and I cannot thank them enough for what they’ve produced in these videos. If you don’t have time to watch they’ve simply tweaked the settings to provide an old school feel to the game. The video is nice if you have time because it shows their features in action in Oddball, CTF, and Extraction (which is AWESOME) and the reasoning behind their changes.

For those that like what they saw you can go to your file share ->Game Types -> File Share Search-> Gamertag: DLESEL

You can download the Competitive Infinity Slayer there.

If you do the same process but under Map Variants you can find Lockout as well as the other two featured in the videos, Station 9 and Simplex.

For a player that was dissatisfied with certain changes in Halo 4, nothing has put a bigger smile on my face than finding this Game Type and I wanted to share with anyone else who may feel the same. And while it’s unfortunate we’re limited to custom games, hopefully these are the settings we can expect if an MLG playlist is added to the hopper.

So watch, download, and enjoy. I’m not affiliated with any of this work but I thought it was great none the less. Feel free to add me on Live because me and my group are always looking to fill a custom with a good old fashion 4v4 on some old school maps.

Also credit for the maps needs to go to “Big Papa Salot”

Search his Gamer tag for some great maps.

I’ve played these settings, instant re spawn kills it.
Aside from that, it’s a huge shame we have to rely on MLG to give us what we want.

> I’ve played these settings, instant re spawn kills it.
> Aside from that, it’s a huge shame we have to rely on MLG to give us what we want.

Yeah, really the only gripe I have with it, which unfortunately is nothing they can do about it. Really hope this is something 343 can patch later but I wouldn’t necessarily say it kills it. Oddball is a pain in the -Yoink- and can only be viable on certain maps…