A dear friend of mine got into a bad accident

So I just got word a little while ago that a friend of mine got into a terrible car crash and had to be airlifted out of his car. I’ve been told he has a very badly broken leg and will have to undergo surgery. I’m not making this up, this is him http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-33054350
If the sight of bad car crashes upsets anyone, don’t click this link. It’s just here to show you the extent of the damage The accident

He’s going to be hospital bound for a while, but he loves Halo and it’s one of his favourite games. Him and I have played more hours of Halo together than probably any other game. I don’t think he comes on waypoint so often but, he definitely lurks and likes to keep up with all the latest Halo news; his GamerTag is StLiam. So I’m not saying anyone must, but I’m sure it’d cheer him up if he got some support from the community which he has been a part of for a good number of years now. When I go see him I promise that I’ll show him this thread.

Now I don’t know if they let consoles in the hospital, but I do plan on trying to get something in for him to play Halo on. At this point I just hope the surgery and everything will go well. If I manage to get the console in his hospital room and connected to XBL, I maybe able to set up a custom game to help cheer him up. If I can do this and anyone here would like to join I’ll let you all know. If I can’t I’ll update the thread.

It’s okay if you don’t know him. I know that most people won’t. However it’d just be nice to show him that a community he’s been part of for a long time cares.

I sent you a PM. Maybe I can ship something your way to help cheer him up. :slight_smile:

> 2682054420944162;2:
> I sent you a PM. Maybe I can ship something your way to help cheer him up. :slight_smile:

I cannot thank you enough Greenskull. He’ll be chuffed to bits

Oh damn, I hope your friend recovers soon. Tell him that Section 3 passes their best wishses on and that I pass on wishes from Glasgow! Rest up Spartan :slight_smile:

edit That’s so kind of you Greenskull :smiley:

> 2533274813317074;4:
> Oh damn, I hope your friend recovers soon. Tell him that Section 3 passes their best wishses on and that I pass on wishes from Glasgow! Rest up Spartan :slight_smile:
>
> edit That’s so kind of you Greenskull :smiley:

I will do :). Thanks for wishing him well, I’m sure he’ll really appreciate it.

Hope he gets healed up soon! Is he a RvB fan? I know its a random question, but…come on

I hope he recovers, this is why I love the Halo community!!!

Hope he feel much better.

> 2533275007059966;6:
> Hope he gets healed up soon! Is he a RvB fan? I know its a random question, but…come on

Oh yes, he is a massive RvB fan. In fact that’s why our clan tag in MCC is Blue Team.

> 2533274883030212;7:
> I hope he recovers, this is why I love the Halo community!!!

It’s a great community, I’ve always been glad to be part of it and it really shines sometimes.

Also thank you all for wishing him well :slight_smile:

He’s now post OP. Had some complications that were a bit hairy but he’s finally awake. So now that the big one is out of the way, he should be on the road to recovery :slight_smile:

Thoughts and prayers for you and your friend, my friend.

Stliam our prayers are with you my friend. I hope you are able to recover quickly. In the meantime it is a great opportunity to get some good halo playing in while your leg heals. Good luck and cheers from your halo friends in the U.S.!

Our prayers are with him. I hope for a speedy recovery. It’s a good thing your doing here.

Thank you all so much. It might be a long road, but it is going to be a much better one with this support. Hopefully he’ll be in the wards very soon and I’ll finally get to see him. He’ll be thrilled :slight_smile:

He will be in my prayers and I wish him a speedy recovery!

So I’m here guys after a little repairs later and thanks to you all as I the halo community is the best I’m going to be on crutches for about a month maybe but yeah at least I’m here so I’m thankful. And yeah RvB fan church is my favourite as I make my Spartan as him for all halo games and “halo jumper 3” being caboose as the amount of times he has team killed me is uncountable. But anyways guys stay awesome.

> 2533274838000924;16:
> So I’m here guys after a little repairs later and thanks to you all as I the halo community is the best I’m going to be on crutches for about a month maybe but yeah at least I’m here so I’m thankful. And yeah RvB fan church is my favourite as I make my Spartan as him for all halo games and “halo jumper 3” being caboose as the amount of times he has team killed me is uncountable. But anyways guys stay awesome.

Hey, glad your doing better. Thanks for letting us know.

My favorite RvB character is probably Sarge or Grif, more likely Sarge and Grif.

See you in the game. Get those crutches off soon.

> 2533274838000924;16:
> So I’m here guys after a little repairs later and thanks to you all as I the halo community is the best I’m going to be on crutches for about a month maybe but yeah at least I’m here so I’m thankful. And yeah RvB fan church is my favourite as I make my Spartan as him for all halo games and “halo jumper 3” being caboose as the amount of times he has team killed me is uncountable. But anyways guys stay awesome.

Awesome to hear you are doing well! :slight_smile: