A Current View On The Halo Community. *Positive*LONG*

Halo. A Video game. A Community. A Lifestyle. People, I can proudly say that when I was six years old I was with my cousin Alex when he went to pick up his Xbox and his copy of Halo: Combat Evolved. I have been a fan for all ten and a half years. I can happily say that I have been an active member, whether it be lurking (which it mostly was) or correcting people’s grammar, I have enjoyed the past three years of my life. Being amongst you, the fans of the game that has sold way more than 50 million copies and racked up over 100000 years of play time, has been incredible.
But, this raises a point. I fear that the quality of the community might be slowly declining. It is not anyone’s fault, its not because this person said that, or that person did this, its because its a natural occurrence when something that is as loved as Halo is.
Guys, we really need to take a step back from the rage inflamed edge, take a breath of fresh air and say "What is the best thing for Halo to do to stay on top?’ You know? Like, what is really that bad about the Grunts not having their breathing apparatuses on their mouths and instead on their noses? I understand that it is the identification of that faction, but after ten years of shooting at these guys, you’d thing that maybe its okay for a make over. Or you could look at it from a fiction stand point. Its been four years, seven months, and ten days since the Master Chief has gone into cryo, maybe the Unggoy have made advancements in their systems, and a nose tube works better.(I’m starting to get to far into that, so I’ll stop.)
If we can reevaluate ourselves then we can take back what is ours; A game we all love to sit around and play and laugh about and joke with our friends about at the office the next day to say “I can’t believe I got a killing spree with a sniper when you had rockets the whole game!” We need to make Halo fun again. Yes, of course there’s room for that competitive community as well, hell, Its probably half of our players, but that’s not the point. The point is, lets give 343 our blessing. Lets let these Halo players, and fans, and Industry Veterans have a go at the thing we all love. Halo.
My hats literally off to you, 343. I hope you make something you’re proud to give us, and in return, I’ll be proud to play it.
And, remember: BELI343

> Halo. A Video game. A Community. A Lifestyle. People, I can proudly say that when I was six years old I was with my cousin Alex when he went to pick up his Xbox and his copy of Halo: Combat Evolved. I have been a fan for all ten and a half years. I can happily say that I have been an active member, whether it be lurking (which it mostly was) or correcting people’s grammar, I have enjoyed the past three years of my life. Being amongst you, the fans of the game that has sold way more than 50 million copies and racked up over 100000 years of play time, has been incredible.
> But, this raises a point. I fear that the quality of the community might be slowly declining. It is not anyone’s fault, its not because this person said that, or that person did this, its because its a natural occurrence when something that is as loved as Halo is.
> Guys, we really need to take a step back from the rage inflamed edge, take a breath of fresh air and say "What is the best thing for Halo to do to stay on top?’ You know? Like, what is really that bad about the Grunts not having their breathing apparatuses on their mouths and instead on their noses? I understand that it is the identification of that faction, but after ten years of shooting at these guys, you’d thing that maybe its okay for a make over. Or you could look at it from a fiction stand point. Its been four years, seven months, and ten days since the Master Chief has gone into cryo, maybe the Unggoy have made advancements in their systems, and a nose tube works better.(I’m starting to get to far into that, so I’ll stop.)
> If we can reevaluate ourselves then we can take back what is ours; A game we all love to sit around and play and laugh about and joke with our friends about at the office the next day to say “I can’t believe I got a killing spree with a sniper when you had rockets the whole game!” We need to make Halo fun again. Yes, of course there’s room for that competitive community as well, hell, Its probably half of our players, but that’s not the point. The point is, lets give 343 our blessing. Lets let these Halo players, and fans, and Industry Veterans have a go at the thing we all love. Halo.
> My hats literally off to you, 343. I hope you make something you’re proud to give us, and in return, I’ll be proud to play it.
> And, remember: BELI343

The game really comes down to how they handle AAs, the Armor perks, and ranks.

if one of those things are bad the game will be another failo reach AKA the game drops 4 or 5 ranks on teh XBL charts

I don’t like it based on the fact that they have made gameplay un balanced by adding perks and classes to Halo 4.

> The game really comes down to how they handle AAs, the Armor perks, and ranks.
>
>
> if one of those things are bad the game will be another failo reach AKA the game drops 4 or 5 ranks on teh XBL charts

No! Yes, my post is in the Halo 4 thread, and yes my main concern is how people are reacting to Halo 4 but, It was more of hey guys, I love the community and I want us to be more accepting. Not what makes me mad about the game.

4=V?

Seems legit.

OT: Half the community are rage kids and squeakers. You wont get through to them.
The other half are people who care(25% care too much and are overreacting, the other 25% are calm)

I think it’s best if we just let 343 filter out the non-supportive ones.

> I don’t like it based on the fact that they have made gameplay un balanced by adding perks and classes to Halo 4.

When did you play the game? and at that, for more than 5 or 6 matches? because it would require that amount of time AT LEAST to make that assumption. So please, Re-read the OP. This is EXACTLY what we need to stop doing. come on, man.

343 is really, REALLY stressing on balance. Hell, they even did something Bungie never did: ditched the one-weapon-rules-all sandbox. I’m sure perks and AA’s will be perfectly balanced.

> 343 is really, REALLY stressing on balance. Hell, they even did something Bungie never did: ditched the one-weapon-rules-all sandbox. I’m sure perks and AA’s will be perfectly balanced.

exactly. Now, is the best time to take risks. No matter what, there will be a Halo 5. If 343 does do something that really is THAT bad cough-ARMOR LOCK-cough then 343 will fix it. but, I seriously doubt that that 343 will mess up that bad.

> Guys, we really need to take a step back from the rage inflamed edge, take a breath of fresh air and say "What is the best thing for Halo to do to stay on top?’ Y

What we need is a game that is both fun and competitive at the same time. A game can have a huge skill gap and still be fun for lesser-skilled players, and I don’t understand why all game companies seem to have forgotten this. Unfortunately, 343i has ruined what otherwise could have been an awesome game by adding in gameplay-affecting upgrades, bringing back armor abilities, adding join-mid-match, and not having a 1-50 ranking system. From what I’ve seen, the core mechanics of H4 looks awesome, but all of the added “casual” junk is ruining the game.

Look, I’m not trying to be one of those kids who is like “omg Halo is only fun with MLG settings blah blah blah,” because I’m not. I just want a game that doesn’t have to add in tons of pointless fluff. I remember back when I was a noob at H2, and I had tons of fun even when I got destroyed every match.

Also, I wouldn’t really say that the community has gone downhill. It’s always been pretty bad.

> 343 is really, REALLY stressing on balance. Hell, they even did something Bungie never did: ditched the one-weapon-rules-all sandbox. I’m sure perks and AA’s will be perfectly balanced.

Saying that perks could be balanced is just silly. If I have a good perk because I’ve played a lot, and you don’t because you are a new player, then that is NOT fair and it is NOT balanced. H1, H2, and H3 didn’t add any of this ridiculous customization, and they facilitated an “even” playing field.

> > I don’t like it based on the fact that they have made gameplay un balanced by adding perks and classes to Halo 4.
>
> When did you play the game? and at that, for more than 5 or 6 matches? because it would require that amount of time AT LEAST to make that assumption. So please, Re-read the OP. This is EXACTLY what we need to stop doing. come on, man.

Lone Wolf doesn’t need to have played the game to speculate that point. His conclusion was logical.