A Cure for the Flood?

What if some Forerunners already had a cure for the Flood? Why would they not share with the rest of themselves, you might ask? I think that perhaps some remnant of Forerunners might currently exist, and the were part of group completely opposing the Librarians plan and have some sort of hatred towards the council/ other leaders? Would it be make sense to think that they might somehow be in control of the Flood, know all about the Flood, and could they be some sort of antagonist in Halo 4?

9000 sentinels?
lol

chief could maybe find away to reprogram the remaining Halo’s to make sure that they can’t hurt humanity/saghelli and THEN fire the last ones somehow…

The Forerunners, as far as I know, didn’t have a cure for the flood, hence why they used the Halo rings. If I remember correctly, 343GS stated that the enemy’s of the Forerunners had a cure for the flood but that died with them. I may be wrong.

> The Forerunners, as far as I know, didn’t have a cure for the flood, hence why they used the Halo rings. If I remember correctly, 343GS stated that the enemy’s of the Forerunners had a cure for the flood but that died with them. I may be wrong.

I think you’re right, and that ‘enemy’ apparently is ancient humanity. Which would make for an interesting confrotation with -Yoink!- Sapien’s. Especially a seven foot tall, smart–Yoink- green super soldier -Yoink!- Sapien.

Halo 4 is gonna be so OWESUM!

> The Forerunners, as far as I know, didn’t have a cure for the flood, hence why they used the Halo rings. If I remember correctly, 343GS stated that the enemy’s of the Forerunners had a cure for the flood but that died with them. I may be wrong.

You’re correct, and I would guess those enemies would be Precursors. My guess is that they [the Forerunners with a cure] would be hiding out on the edge of society.

> > The Forerunners, as far as I know, didn’t have a cure for the flood, hence why they used the Halo rings. If I remember correctly, 343GS stated that the enemy’s of the Forerunners had a cure for the flood but that died with them. I may be wrong.
>
> You’re correct, and I would guess those enemies would be Precursors.

Nope, ancient humans, who then destroyed it. That among other factors led to the Forerunners devolving the humans.

> > > The Forerunners, as far as I know, didn’t have a cure for the flood, hence why they used the Halo rings. If I remember correctly, 343GS stated that the enemy’s of the Forerunners had a cure for the flood but that died with them. I may be wrong.
> >
> > You’re correct, and I would guess those enemies would be Precursors.
>
> Nope, ancient humans, who then destroyed it. That among other factors led to the Forerunners devolving the humans.

Wait, where does it say that this ancient enemy that had the cure WAS actually humanity??

Edit: Just re-watched the Terminal vid, all it says is their ancient enemy held the knowledge but it was denied to the Forerunner.

You seem to be Suprised. I would be too if I just learned that there was an ancient humanity. This is all explained and elaborated upon in Cryptum, which is a very good read. Anyway, as it turns out, there were 3 species at the same technicological level at the time of the forerunner ecumene’s [empire] height. The first were the forerunners, and the other two we’ve already met. It seems that they one may be holding secrets of their past, and the other is clueless of their past greatness. That’s right, Prophets, Humans, and Forerunners all coexisted at the same time. When the Flood arrived to the galaxy, it infected many human worlds (about 1/3 of the total population), Pushed to levels of unexcelled brilliance, ancient humans develpoed a cure. It was a set of destructive genes that, when infected by flood, caused the hive to die. Because it was in fact, not invulnerability, humanity had to sacrifice another 1/3 of our population to the flood. At the same time, we needed new, uninfected worlds. We too some forerunner occupied ones, and they went to war with us, effectively killing what was left of the population. Any humans that survived, became captives, devolved, and shipped back to Earth. A similar fated became of the Prophets as well, but they seem to remember at least parts of their great Empire, and recovered forerunner technology.

The Humans that developed the curekilled themselves rather than give their conqurers their final, greatest achievement. Thus the forerunners never got their cure from their “ancient enemy”