A critique from someone who loved the game...

Maybe a few pointers more than a full on critique…

• Locke failed as a framing device and UNIVERSALLY the split of the campaign has been decried…hint hint 343, less Locke more MC in halo 6. Yes I know he is your pet character but obviously he is not liked enough. And no we do not need to know more about him to like him…we just don’t…not enough. Hive him his spin off but leave the main games about chief. - Prometheans are not a bad enemies but they are not properly used and now they are being needlessly anthropomorphized…they are shock troops, keep them so. They are meant to be body horror like the flood was only synthetic and not organic, they are the punishment inflicted by the didactic…not robot soldiers. - It is more than OK to keep campaign at 30 fps and up the visual fidelity while doing 60 fps in MP to keep the pace of the competitive game. Halo campaign is about its story and splendor…keep it so, players want to be wowed. - Speaking of story…seriously…I am all for making a game for the fans and not catering to the lazy and the indolent newcomers (no really check my BSN account…) but for God’s sake SHOW us what we learned from the lore. Kelly’s inhuman speed…Linda’s amazing sniping skills. We KNOW about them but there is no display of them. It’s like watching a Batman movie but there is only Bruce Wayne…we know he is Batman…how about some shots of him kicking the cap out of thugs? - Collection quests SUCK. They force completionists to do what I call a “work playthrough” which turn out to be joyless chore. 1 terminal per level is more than enough thank you. Refocus that energy into a longer campaign. - Action Bubbles (to use a crysis term) or sandboxes are great…actual open levels (like the silent cartographer or Halo from CE) which contain action bubbles are better. You guys obviously can do it…then do it…the world will thank you. - This is halo…you do not need false advertisement or anti-marketing. Drop it, it is universally reviled.Just my 2 cents 343, do with it as you please.