A Couple Changes That Could Balance Isabel

1. The classic disruption bomb from Halo Wars 1.
    Having this ability be specific to Isabel would make her a much more desired character, and make here even more valuable as a support character, which is what she is meant to be.

2. After ghost in the machine runs out, all affected units are destroyed.
    I think that this will be a very good change. I can see this change causing Isabel to become one of the better leaders in the game. To balance this out, they would need to reduce the time of ghost in the machine again, or it may be overpowered. You could take over half of someones army, kill the other half with it, and then the half that you took over would self destruct. This would be a very good change but could still be countered by making infantry. Overall, I think this would be one of the better changes to Isabel, and would make her a much more viable leader.

So if I hit 3 scarabs with ghost in the machine, or 3 condors they should all die after? This is waayyyyyyy to OP sounding. Maybe a reduction of health for GITM, but not completely destroy. Disruption bomb has no place here in HW2 it was good in 1 when everyone had it but giving it to one leader would make them super OP. You are basically trying to make Isabel invincible lol If you know how to use Isabel she is already a great leader, fully upgraded Mac Blast, GITM, The best offense are amazing abilities. Hologram decoy really needs a huge buff somewhere though it is useless since the enemy can focus fire on one unit at a time anyways and still be able to realize which ones are decoys and which ones are the real ones. They should make it so the opponent can’t tell the difference between the decoys and the real units.

I got one idea…
how about fixing the tank ?

> 2533274799872358;3:
> I got one idea…
> how about fixing the tank ?

What’s wrong with it now? I thought they fixed it.

> 2533274823797102;2:
> So if I hit 3 scarabs with ghost in the machine, or 3 condors they should all die after? This is waayyyyyyy to OP sounding. Maybe a reduction of health for GITM, but not completely destroy. Disruption bomb has no place here in HW2 it was good in 1 when everyone had it but giving it to one leader would make them super OP. You are basically trying to make Isabel invincible lol If you know how to use Isabel she is already a great leader, fully upgraded Mac Blast, GITM, The best offense are amazing abilities. Hologram decoy really needs a huge buff somewhere though it is useless since the enemy can focus fire on one unit at a time anyways and still be able to realize which ones are decoys and which ones are the real ones. They should make it so the opponent can’t tell the difference between the decoys and the real units.

1. I was also thinking disruption bomb would be a good ability. However with Heavy Metal and Drones, Isabel can defend against most huge drops so maybe not good idea

2. Ghost in the machine shouldn’t kill enemy units and especially not super units… That would be too OP especially since there is no way to stop Ghost in the machine and there is no countdown so troops can’t evade. I would rather it last longer than damage the troops that are taken over.

3. Hologram decoy needs a buff, Enemies should not be able to tell the difference between the holograms and real units (Turrents cant why should the player)

4. I would like to see Freeze bomb for Isabel… Her Tanks are slow which means most players can run away. A freeze for a certain radius that last 5-10 seconds would be extremely helpful… Wouldn’t be enough time to kill a super unit but enough time to run away or hit an enemy army hard. Eradicate and Inferno cause a advancing army to retreat or get slaughtered… Freeze bomb would have a similar effect (without the initial damage)

I would like to see hologram become stupid cheap and it’s cool down ungodly fast. Reason being is I don’t think this leader power can be OP. They do no damage and can be spotted super quick. IMO this should be something Izi can use at all times

> 2533275001759937;4:
> > 2533274799872358;3:
> > I got one idea…
> > how about fixing the tank ?
>
> What’s wrong with it now? I thought they fixed it.

Canister shell still doesn’t work

> 2533274823797102;2:
> So if I hit 3 scarabs with ghost in the machine, or 3 condors they should all die after? This is waayyyyyyy to OP sounding. Maybe a reduction of health for GITM, but not completely destroy. Disruption bomb has no place here in HW2 it was good in 1 when everyone had it but giving it to one leader would make them super OP. You are basically trying to make Isabel invincible lol If you know how to use Isabel she is already a great leader, fully upgraded Mac Blast, GITM, The best offense are amazing abilities. Hologram decoy really needs a huge buff somewhere though it is useless since the enemy can focus fire on one unit at a time anyways and still be able to realize which ones are decoys and which ones are the real ones. They should make it so the opponent can’t tell the difference between the decoys and the real units.

You do know that Ghost in the machine does not take control of super units right? I understand that this would be a huge change and could be OP if everything else about the ability stays the same. It would need an increased cost, smaller radius, and less control time. Isabel is definitely not a strong character right now by any means. If you are a good player, then you can do well with every leader, but the skill cap is much higher on pretty much every other leader. Also, the disruption bomb would not make her OP by any means. It would transform a very weak leader into a top tier support leader.

Also, considering you can already obliterate someones entire army with the eradication beam, I don’t think that this ghost in the machine change would be insane.

GITM can take over super units

> 2533274847916490;9:
> GITM can take over super units

I truly believed it did not, everywhere I look it says it does not take over super units. If you are right, then that completely throws out my idea. Sorry for the misinformation.

Isabell is a trash tier leader, plain and simple. I have seen maybe 2/3 Isabells out of my 308 played games. Her pick rate is totally unserstandable as, again, she is garbage. Why? Because every other UNSC leader does it better than her.

Old man cutter, high school -Yoink- Forge, and angry black lady Kinsano all do everything better.

Her only real winner perks here are “Combat Salvage,” and “The best offense.” Both of which are useless early game where most of the game takes place anyway. Her Tanks even with the buff will get rinsed by anyone running anti - vehicle, which is common sense when running against Isabelle.

I will say though I had one really cool play as Isabelle right after the patch and we didn’t know she was still crap yet, entire enemy army of locusts, Ghost in the machine themed and burnt down the base we were fighting at, then gasses them down with some cyclops winning the game haha.

Sorry guys, she’s crap, slow, end game crappy “support,” leader.

P.S - I’d rather have ghost in the machine replaced by a vehicle drop, despite its uniqueness.