A compromise for active camo

Why don’t they make the Active Camouflage AA like the Arbiter’s camo from Halo 2? You can turn COMPLETELY invisible(even while walking normally) for about 5 seconds. The recharge time should be like 20 seconds, maybe 18 with the perk. It wouldn’t be a radar jammer, either, AND you are ALWAYS VISIBLE ON RADAR EVEN WHEN NOT MOVING. What do you guys think?

Edit: Guys, they’re NEVER going to make camo a powerup again, so stop saying that thats what you want.

No.

That’s definitely a buff and why would you buff Camo?

deleted

> No.
>
> That’s definitely a buff and why would you buff Camo?

How is that a buff? You would only get to use it for like a fourth of the time than you can now. It would promote strategic uses of camo instead of camping like camo does now. You can’t camp for 5 seconds at a time.

I think it sould be like the over sheild, earned not givin like it was for HAlo, Halo 2 and Halo 3

as long as people know there bad while using it, its fine as is

deleted

“How is that a buff? You would only get to use it for like a fourth of the time than you can now. It would promote strategic uses of camo instead of camping like camo does now. You can’t camp for 5 seconds at a time”.

I’ll give you one use: I go Camo, jump around the corner at you.

You’re dead.

That would quickly become so ridiculously common it would just be dumb.

It might kill Camo Sniping, but a decent player would go Camo, step out and line you up. A good player would definitely be able to kill you.

> as long as people know there bad while using it, its fine as is

Exactly. If they think I can’t see them after I have popped their shields and they run into a corner to hide they are totally wrong. Plus, with PV you can see them just fine…

I think all aa’s need reworking be able to spawn with them and unlimited uses is a bit much. Why not make them map pickups and add a certain number of uses. It would help out and still be able to keep aa’s seeing as they dont look like they will ever go away.

“Edit: Guys, they’re NEVER going to make camo a powerup again, so stop saying that thats what you want”.

Could make it an Ordnance drop or a spawn just like how Damage Boost and Speed Boost spawn in some gametypes.

What’s wrong with that?

“I think all aa’s need reworking be able to spawn with them and unlimited uses is a bit much”.

If they stay as spawn abilities then they need to be unlimited use. The game already puniches long-lived players by denying them grenade refills without a Perk.

> “Edit: Guys, they’re NEVER going to make camo a powerup again, so stop saying that thats what you want”.
>
> Could make it an Ordnance drop or a spawn just like how Damage Boost and Speed Boost spawn in some gametypes.
>
> What’s wrong with that?
>
> “I think all aa’s need reworking be able to spawn with them and unlimited uses is a bit much”.
>
> If they stay as spawn abilities then they need to be unlimited use. The game already puniches long-lived players by denying them grenade refills without a Perk.

Thats what it should be just like the over sheild

> “Edit: Guys, they’re NEVER going to make camo a powerup again, so stop saying that thats what you want”.
>
> Could make it an Ordnance drop or a spawn just like how Damage Boost and Speed Boost spawn in some gametypes.
>
>
> “I think all aa’s need reworking be able to spawn with them and unlimited uses is a bit much”.
>
> If they stay as spawn abilities then they need to be unlimited use. The game already puniches long-lived players by denying them grenade refills without a Perk.

After reading my post again i worded it wrong. I dont wont people to be able to spawn with them, instead make them map pickups with a limited number of uses.

There’s a Problem with Camo?- them pesky camo campers aren’t a problem if you learn their same ol routine.

Its not broken, I personally don’t us it. As I see it works as Intended

Camo needs to be a pickup. I don’t know why they thought it would be a good idea to make it an AA.

> “How is that a buff? You would only get to use it for like a fourth of the time than you can now. It would promote strategic uses of camo instead of camping like camo does now. You can’t camp for 5 seconds at a time”.
>
> I’ll give you one use: I go Camo, jump around the corner at you.
>
> You’re dead.
>
> That would quickly become so ridiculously common it would just be dumb.
>
> It might kill Camo Sniping, but a decent player would go Camo, step out and line you up. A good player would definitely be able to kill you.

i have to agree with this so bad, people would use it for small combat situations, like a sudden advantage or quick suprises

> There’s a Problem with Camo?- them pesky camo campers aren’t a problem if you learn their same ol routine.
>
> Its not broken, I personally don’t us it. As I see it works as Intended

i am a camo user myself, only in big team, i just dont like walking anywhere on a map, and getting instantly shredded by DMR’s, camo gives me a survival edge slightly, but i never like stay in one place and camp the match

and hey i use promethean vision on smaller maps, yet again, quick edge knowing where your oponent is through a wall before an encounter has even started

343 make stuff, which give players an unfair advantage edge over others, why not use them before they get a possible nerf.

i am currently using the Supressor and Carbine for the commendations, which is hard, so the AA’s do help

>
>
>
>

Why do none of your posts have a quote box?

> No.
>
> That’s definitely a buff and why would you buff Camo?

As much as I hate Camo, this would be a nerf, and a strategic one at that.

As it stands, a player can just camp an area with camo until their camo runs out, which is a LONG time. I’ve seen people abuse the hell out of it on dominion, where the attacking team is too afraid to rush in because the enemy team is all cloaked for like 30 seconds.

With this change, people would actually have to think about when they want to use camo.

Though I do disagree with “completely invisible”.

Why not just have “scrub” pop up in the area where they are at… or direction… I use it every now and again… that wouldn’t bother me… granted, I usually only use it when there are 3+ ppl against me using it and have been taken out a couple times.