A Compromis That Works for Everyone... Armor Coating Customization Feedback / Suggestion

I 100% support this idea. Perfect middle ground that would make the community happy again whilst still acknowledging that infinite is a f2p game that does need to make money.

3 Likes

I don’t ever post on Waypoint and this made me want to say something. This system is 100% ideal. 343 I would take a look into this ASAP!

6 Likes

I had this idea too, i still would rather it be free cause… well…. Monotization is dumb…. I would rather pay for the game and get EVERYTHING in it than have battle passes and free to play monotization krap…

3 Likes

This would be absolute perfection. THIS is a feature that would enhance player expression as opposed to the current coating system which limits it.

3 Likes

Hi good people at 343. I love this game! The two things I think are really not great however are the colour scheme and the XP progression system. This guy’s idea for colour customisation is brilliant! I ran it by my friends and they all agreed. Please implement this! Thank you!

3 Likes

I wholly support this!

2 Likes

This idea is incredible and the mock up images look fantastic take some notes 343

3 Likes

This ain’t even a compromise IMO, it’s an overall improvement that implements what we loved about the original games with an additional aspect that would result in the game getting it’s deserved profits and an extra layer of customization to those who want it

4 Likes

This is a system I would definitely prefer over what’s currently set up.

2 Likes

I think pushing for a terribly deep customization suite, to the point of textures and what not, is asking for a bit much. From a development standpoint the result would likely be major reworks unless the individual pieces and textures are already mapped this way.

That being said what can easily be done, and will increase value of the coatings is unlocking their application use. When you buy/earn a coating, you get to apply that coating to anything that accepts an armor coating, period. Ditto visors. There is no reason whatsoever that color schemes should be specific to cores, weapons, and vehicles individually. If a player bought it, they should be able to use it wherever they want. This is especially a sticking point where kits are concerned. I understand that a kit needs to be 100% pre-made, but given that most HCS kit purchases were very likely for the unique coating scheme, you would increase value immensely by letting people use the coating independently from the kit. Increased value means increased sales, and Infinite doing well financially is not only 343i’s goal, but a necessity for the game to continue beyond its first year.

Not only are these more consumer friendly options, but they are extremely low impact from a dev standpoint. It doesn’t give boundless customization options, but if we’re being honest Halo never has in its entire franchise history. Suddenly expecting a system like Warframe or Anthem’s is just this side of unreasonable.

And playable sangheili…. That eould also enhance player expression and make me a happy boi

2 Likes

i agree with this. armor cores are really just frustrating and get in the way of cool combinations of armors

3 Likes

I saw the post and looked at the pictures this morning and I thought it was awesome. I hope they take the idea and use it, because it seems like a nice middle ground that would satisfy darn near everyone.

4 Likes

As much as I agree and love the idea. I simply see this never being implemented. It’s better without a doubt, more customization, more options for us. But there is far more content to be made as well as money by selling what we would be able to create with a number of small changes. Whether it’s a Microsoft or 343 decision, I don’t know. I’ve never liked the coating system from day 1.

Yes please. I want actual freeform customization here. Only thing I have to add is if you buy/own a coating, you should be able to unlock those areas/patterns in your custom coat.

2 Likes

Yes please and thank you. This would be a much, much, much better system, one that would allow them to monetize new cosmetics without compromising the integrity of the series by paywalling old ones.

1 Like

I would hands down pay for this!!! 343 knows what to do now.

1 Like

Literally logged on just to support this idea right here. His design and implementation is LEAGUES above what is currently implemented and I would also support paying money into this coloring system!!

4 Likes

Basically Warframe’s system is what you’re suggesting

YES, this is a MUST YES.

3 Likes

A no breaner do This 343

2 Likes