A Community-made TU

First off, I’m appreciative of everyone who posted in my “Halo is nothing without it’s community” thread. It got very good feedback, which I didn’t expect.

Now going on to the title of this thread, whether you defend or are unsatisfied with Halo 4 is your view. The purpose of this thread is to create a TU by the community to balance out Halo 4 in every aspect. I would like this as constructive as possible with feedback from both sides of the community. I also invite 343 to come into the thread and look over the various changes that people come up with.

Now there are a few rules/guidelines I would like to add. First, don’t shoot anyone down for their opinion. If you disagree, provide constructive reasoning behind it. The goal I would like to accomplish is to create a TU from the communitys view that can balance Halo 4 both casualy and competitively. Second, if you suggest a fix, for example, a visible 1-50 system, think of the other crowd, if they don’t want a visible 1-50, then perhaps a different intergration of the progression system into another playlist or the game in general. Another example is a DMR nerf, think about the other crowd that doesn’t want it nerfed and perhaps buffing the other precision weapons to stack up to the DMR’s strength. After enough time I will edit the OP to include peoples suggestions.

Last thing, the phrases “adapt” or “if you don’t like Halo 4, don’t play it” or “go back to Halo 3” I don’t want here. I would like this thread not to twist into a flamewar.

So, here are my suggestions…

Ranked and Social - Those that agree
Traditional for Ranked and Infinity for Social.
Intergration of a 1-50 in-game for Traditonal. Intergration of the SR system for Infinity. Ordinace Drops in Infinity playlists.

Ranked and Social - Those that disagree
Classic for Ranked, Infinity for Vanilla Halo 4, and Social.
Intergration of the 1-50 system for Classic, progression system for Infinity, and Halo 3’s ranks without the 1-50 (Recruit to General) for Social.

Ranked and Social - Community suggestions

From Road Wulf

> Ranked/Social:
> If anything should be made Social in this game it should be any “Classic” style playlists that come into creation. You shouldn’t be ranked playing a game style that is not the native style of this game. You are gaining rank in Halo 4, not Halo 1-3. If you aren’t going to play Halo 4 gametypes and rules, there should be no ranking taking place.
>
> And the argument could be made “But the classical playlists would be more competitive.” And that could very well be true, but the argument still stands, you are not being judged on how skilled you are at playing Halo 4 if you can only get rank playing in a system of rules that has nothing to do with Halo 4.
>
> Suggested Social/Classic Style settings
> -Placed Weapons and AA’s
> -No Loadouts
> -No Sprint
> -No Ordnance
>
> I defer to others who have set actual game type rules for the various Leagues, as to what that would all entail. I believe shield recharge is slower in 4, so that would have to be edited aswell to get it closer to Halo 2 or 3.

Weapons - Those that agree
DMR - RoF nerf and bullet magnetism nerf
BR buffed to a 4SK, RoF untouched
Boltshot becoming an OD, or an initial OD in 4v4 and FFA.

Weapons - Those that disagree
DMR, untouched
BR buffed to match the DMR in terms of RoF and/or balanced killtime
Boltshot’s alt fire becoming a burst that takes down an players shields, similar to the Plasma Pistols alt fire.

Vehicles - Those that agree
Vehicles buffed to reduce damage from DMR and Sniper and balanced to require teamfire to take down vehicles.

Vehicles - Those that disagree
Plasma Grenades removed from loadouts in BTB gametypes, becoming OD or initial OD.

Maps - Those that agree

Exile - Removal of Guass Warthog from Blue team spawn, replaced with Chaingun Warthog.
Settler - Ridge blocked off
Appearence of DLC maps in playlists

Maps - Those that disagree
Exile - placement of Guass Warthog at Blue Team spawn to balance out Red Team Spawn.
Settler - Placement of one Tank per base and a Ghost.

I look forward to hear ya’lls changes. But please remember. If you suggest a fix, suggest one that the other crowd might be ok with also. Fixes should be towards both sides of the community, not just casual or just competitive.

I hope…this gets attention.

Two disagreements, 1 major, 1 minor.

Ranked/Social:
If anything should be made Social in this game it should be any “Classic” style playlists that come into creation. You shouldn’t be ranked playing a game style that is not the native style of this game. You are gaining rank in Halo 4, not Halo 1-3. If you aren’t going to play Halo 4 gametypes and rules, there should be no ranking taking place.

And the argument could be made “But the classical playlists would be more competitive.” And that could very well be true, but the argument still stands, you are not being judged on how skilled you are at playing Halo 4 if you can only get rank playing in a system of rules that has nothing to do with Halo 4.

Boltshot:
I am not a fan of removing weapons ever, by rule sets like League play does, or because of overpowered natures, especially if the gun’s nature can be edited.

Purposed fix: Limit the Boltshot’s OHK to point blank headshots only. The rest of the time the charge should only drop shields.

The Problem with removing the OHK completely is that it negates the purpose of the gun almost entirely. A gun that charges and only removes shields ever? We already have that. The Boltshot’s normal rounds do the least damage of any of the pistols. So you have taken away its function and made it useless in one update. Having the area of effect and range needed to get a OHK reduced makes the gun’s nature an emergency measure rather than the current 2 feet away range we have now which can be used as people round corners. If someone gets right in your face with a Shotgun weapon, they deserve the kill.

Edit: I’ll be posting again later with my take on what changes can be made to the Infinity rules to make them less childish.

What’s you’re definition of classic? AR and pistols?

> Two disagreements, 1 major, 1 minor.
>
> Ranked/Social:
> If anything should be made Social in this game it should be any “Classic” style playlists that come into creation. You shouldn’t be ranked playing a game style that is not the native style of this game. You are gaining rank in Halo 4, not Halo 1-3. If you aren’t going to play Halo 4 gametypes and rules, there should be no ranking taking place.
>
> And the argument could be made “But the classical playlists would be more competitive.” And that could very well be true, but the argument still stands, you are not being judged on how skilled you are at playing Halo 4 if you can only get rank playing in a system of rules that has nothing to do with Halo 4.
>
>
> Boltshot:
> I am not a fan of removing weapons ever, by rule sets like League play does, or because of overpowered natures, especially if the gun’s nature can be edited.
>
> Purposed fix: Limit the Boltshot’s OHK to point blank headshots only. The rest of the time the charge should only drop shields.
>
> The Problem with removing the OHK completely is that it negates the purpose of the gun almost entirely. A gun that charges and only removes shields ever? We already have that. The Boltshot’s normal rounds do the least damage of any of the pistols. So you have taken away its function and made it useless in one update. Having the area of effect and range needed to get a OHK reduced makes the gun’s nature an emergency measure rather than the current 2 feet away range we have now which can be used as people round corners. If someone gets right in your face with a Shotgun weapon, they deserve the kill.
>
>
> Edit: I’ll be posting again later with my take on what changes can be made to the Infinity rules to make them less childish.

For your Ranked/Social suggestion, I never really thought of that in that kind of perspective. So what your speaking for the classic style playlist, is to have a social feel but what about the competitive aspect? I understand your point on a native ranking system to Halo 4 and not a previous ranking system that has worked in previous Halos. Would I would suggest is for the Social playlist you are mentioning, adding the Recruit to General Ranks for it, as it is in the Halo 3 Social playlists. That may work for the clasic playstyle you think or am I not understanding that? As for the rest of your fixes, very impressed!

> What’s you’re definition of classic? AR and pistols?

My defintion is different from everyone else, and some may or may not agree. But in my view, different classic settings from the old trilogy that can be balanced with Halo 4 to what kind of Social playlist Road Wulf was speaking of.

By Classic, I refer to the ideas like:

-Placed Weapons and AA’s
-No Loadouts
-No Sprint
-No Ordnance

I defer to others who have set actual game type rules for the various Leagues, as to what that would all entail. I believe shield recharge is slower in 4, so that would have to be edited aswell to get it closer to Halo 2 or 3.

> By Classic, I refer to the ideas like:
>
> -Placed Weapons and AA’s
> -No Loadouts
> -No Sprint
> -No Ordnance
>
> I defer to others who have set actual game type rules for the various Leagues, as to what that would all entail. I believe shield recharge is slower in 4, so that would have to be edited aswell to get it closer to Halo 2 or 3.

So these settings you would apply to the Social playlists that houses the classic Halo playstyle, superb. I’ll update the OP with this under Ranked and Social.

> And the argument could be made “But the classical playlists would be more competitive.” And that could very well be true, but the argument still stands, you are not being judged on how skilled you are at playing Halo 4 if you can only get rank playing in a system of rules that has nothing to do with Halo 4.

You can get a 50 in SWAT, Team Snipers, Griffball, etc. which have just as much (just as little) to do with the core as a classic playlist does. And it’s been that way since Halo 2 and Halo 3.

There’s no reason a classic playlist should not get the same treatment any other playlist does.

Anyways, loadouts:
Buff Boltshot range, remove from loadouts, place on map.
Remove plasma pistol, place on map.
Remove plasma grenades, place on map.
Lower vehicle health slightly if necessary.
Increase pulse grenade count to 2 (they also make a decent vehicle counter without being overbearing).

Of course, it’s unlikely a TU would ever do such a thing.

The classic playlist would be awesome with the agreed parts in effect. I also agree with Ramir3z77 ideas.

I wish you guys good luck, and hopefully fine tuning and community support, it will happen.

Sorry, I dont trust this community to make decisions about the title update after the Reach title update.

> > And the argument could be made “But the classical playlists would be more competitive.” And that could very well be true, but the argument still stands, you are not being judged on how skilled you are at playing Halo 4 if you can only get rank playing in a system of rules that has nothing to do with Halo 4.
>
> You can get a 50 in SWAT, Team Snipers, Griffball, etc. which have just as much (just as little) to do with the core as a classic playlist does. And it’s been that way since Halo 2 and Halo 3.
>
> There’s no reason a classic playlist should not get the same treatment any other playlist does.

I’m not saying that they can’t be ranked in the current “Everything gets a CSR” set up. But if the game were to get a TU where we switched to a Ranked/Social style split, I feel the classic playlists should be in a Social setting only as they are being played in opposition to the gametypes of Halo 4.

If we split the playlists, any classic stype Halo playlists should go into social.

> I’m not saying that they can’t be ranked in the current “Everything gets a CSR” set up. But if the game were to get a TU where we switched to a Ranked/Social style split, I feel the classic playlists should be in a Social setting only as they are being played in opposition to the gametypes of Halo 4.
>
> If we split the playlists, any classic stype Halo playlists should go into social.

You have not provided any legitimate reason why classic should be a social playlist. As I already stated, other playlists such as SWAT have been ranked since Halo 2.

> Sorry, I dont trust this community to make decisions about the title update after the Reach title update.

The Reach Title Update was confined to a few playlists, and didn’t have any negative impact on the game. I’m lost.

> Sorry, I dont trust this community to make decisions about the title update after the Reach title update.

You mean the TU that helped Reach?